S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #101
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143
 
SwisherTONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
We're cool. Differences of opinions happen all the time on here.
Thanks Dec.
__________________
BONT QRC/ Swisher 'Super Elite' Avenger Mg/ Aussie Scott S.E./ Bones Swiss Ceramics

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #102
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Frozen Tundra..
Posts: 3,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisherTONE View Post
...bingo! and I can call 'myself' (my own personal self) whatever I want, and it's no ones business. If I wanna have a Derby name with two 'commercial-at' symbols in the middle, I'll do so. You can; as your own person, fill it in with any consonant you like, and perceive it to mean whatever you like
actually.. I have to point out...

Yes.. you can call yourself what ever you want when ever you want...and it IS perfectly ok..

BUT..


when you call yourself this name in a PUBLIC forum.. or on a public street... you then bring the rest of us into it. We have to hear it.. we have to respond to it.. and... we have opinions about that.

As soon as you take it PUBLIC.. in any fashion.. WE all own the SLUR.. and if we are offended... then we .. have the right to have an opinion.

If you dont want PUBLIC opionion.. then indeed.. keep it private.. and as you put it.. to yourself.
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #103
Kathie Fry
Forum Host
 
Kathie Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Venice Beach, California USA
Posts: 2,082
Default

Quote:
Who's broken any rules you asinine freak? I was merely stating an idea, you @55hole, are you for real? I wish you were in front of me right now. Seriously.
Nobody is going to get banned from the SkateLog Forum for making a suggestion, SwisherTONE, but no need to include language guaranteed to fire up a flame war when you're pointing out you didn't break any rules. And please use a different signature line. We would not let anyone else use any variation of that, or any other racial slur in their signature, even in a context not meant to be racist.

- Kathie
__________________
http://www.kathiefry.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SkateLog/398578533776
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Travel-Guides-International/289239062265
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #104
BrokenAngel
Dicey Riley
 
BrokenAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Woody Point QLD
Posts: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
If you didnt start something..... there wouldnt BE something....

Im Just sayin...
Oh this is rich coming from you

And your guess about what bag/bagging is was totally off base...but I enjoyed the rant that followed that you are so well known for lol
BrokenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #105
bolivia
Senior Member
 
bolivia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 536
Default just spent some time........

........looking at kathie's webpage:

http://www.kathiefry.com

Amazing how much she's into covering interesting and different topics. That said, her time spent on Skatelog refereeing buy/sell fallout that's always been clearly explained from the start has got to be frustrating, and frankly I'm embarrassed that she's had to spend this much time on our group.
bolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #106
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143
 
SwisherTONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post

when you call yourself this name in a PUBLIC forum.. or on a public street... you then bring the rest of us into it. We have to hear it.. we have to respond to it.. and... we have opinions about that.

As soon as you take it PUBLIC.. in any fashion.. WE all own the SLUR.. and if we are offended... then we .. have the right to have an opinion.

If you dont want PUBLIC opionion.. then indeed.. keep it private.. and as you put it.. to yourself.
8,

all I'm saying is that I've interacted with almost all of you three at one given time or another, and it's NEVER been an issue EVER, until we all started up with each other in this thread.... then it becomes an issue because some one had to find something else to complain about... that makes it a scapegoat for some other purpose. and if you can't admit to that, you're not being real, and that's not cool, my friend.

Anyway, it's all good. I'm cool, you're cool, everything is cool.
__________________
BONT QRC/ Swisher 'Super Elite' Avenger Mg/ Aussie Scott S.E./ Bones Swiss Ceramics

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #107
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Frozen Tundra..
Posts: 3,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenAngel View Post
Oh this is rich coming from you

And your guess about what bag/bagging is was totally off base...but I enjoyed the rant that followed that you are so well known for lol
Moi?... rant...


tisk tisk tisk..

I give highly.. energy charged interjections of factual opinion that I pull from the deepest depths of my heart..


.. in otherwords.. I pull it out of my arse..

8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #108
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Frozen Tundra..
Posts: 3,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisherTONE View Post
8,

all I'm saying is that I've interacted with almost all of you three at one given time or another, and it's NEVER been an issue EVER, until we all started up with each other in this thread.... then it becomes an issue because some one had to find something else to complain about... that makes it a scapegoat for some other purpose. and if you can't admit to that, you're not being real, and that's not cool, my friend.

Anyway, it's all good. I'm cool, you're cool, everything is cool.
Its actually 90 today.. far from cool.

In all honestly.. I dont remember ever actually speaking to you.. or seeing your name/signature.. so.. Ill BE real...or as real as I get.. when I say this to you... F***** and N***** words offend me to my depest core. My comments have nothing to do with this thread.. and I would have found it offensive..no matter WHERE I would have seen it.

I am many things.. but I am not vindictive
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #109
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143
 
SwisherTONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I am many things.. but I am not vindictive

Its actually 90 today.. far from cool.
Coulda fooled me, but I'll take your word for it.

and I thought you were in the Frozen Tundra?? 90*??
__________________
BONT QRC/ Swisher 'Super Elite' Avenger Mg/ Aussie Scott S.E./ Bones Swiss Ceramics

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #110
Larry_PA
When life was simple
 
Larry_PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 1,351
Default

I Love this forum!!!
__________________
" I'm too young to be this old."
Larry_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #111
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143
 
SwisherTONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_PA View Post
I Love this forum!!!
Hey Now!! What up Larry. I love West Chester, man! I spend a lot of time in Philly!
__________________
BONT QRC/ Swisher 'Super Elite' Avenger Mg/ Aussie Scott S.E./ Bones Swiss Ceramics

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #112
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Frozen Tundra..
Posts: 3,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisherTONE View Post
Coulda fooled me, but I'll take your word for it.

and I thought you were in the Frozen Tundra?? 90*??
Welcome to the Midwest... snow one day.. sunburn the next....
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #113
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143
 
SwisherTONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Welcome to the Midwest... snow one day.. sunburn the next....
I hear ya...lol been there, all around, many places, many times. Let me know if you ever head out to So.Cal... we'll get a session in. You're an alright guy, '8'
__________________
BONT QRC/ Swisher 'Super Elite' Avenger Mg/ Aussie Scott S.E./ Bones Swiss Ceramics

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #114
Dec8rSk8r
Senior Member
 
Dec8rSk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,582
Default

Now, I am pushing 50, and honestly I don’t understand some of the younger generations more casual approach to the “N” word. I know comics say this stuff, and it’s partially shock humor. I'm not saying I never laugh at them, but I kinda wish they would stop; as racial relations still need to heal, and variations on this word aren’t much different than the actual word itself to my mind. It mainly seems like the younger people that use these words, and if some of the younger people had had the same experiences that some of us older ones have had with it, you even wouldn’t “go there” with it. You want me to be "real" on the subject, well this is real I can get on it, and hopefully you understand where I am coming from and not think I mentioned it just to be vindictive.

Last edited by Dec8rSk8r; May 20th, 2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: over-sharing
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #115
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143
 
SwisherTONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Now, I am pushing 50, and honestly I don’t understand some of the younger generations more casual approach to the “N” word. I know comics say this stuff, and it’s partially shock humor. I'm not saying I never laugh at them, but I kinda wish they would stop; as racial relations still need to heal, and variations on this word aren’t much different than the actual word itself to my mind. It mainly seems like the younger people that use these words, and if some of the younger people had had the same experiences that some of us older ones have had with it, you even wouldn’t “go there” with it. You want me to be "real" on the subject, well this is real I can get on it, and hopefully you understand where I am coming from and not think I mentioned it just to be vindictive.

No Dec, I don't think you're being vendictive whatsoever, I really don't, but I do think that the whole thing has been blown way way outta the ball park, and is really a dead and moot issue at this point. You may not understand it (the word) being used in some ''light-hearted'' contexts(in my own personal context), but maybe it's not for you to understand(I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way). And just to make sure you're aware, I'm not some wet-behind-ears-kid... I'm well into my 30's, educated and refined. The word wasn't used racially whatsoever... in slang terms (and in it's many slang spelling(s) ) it has many many different meanings (again, maybe not for you to understand)... so the way I was using it (in my own way) wasn't racial whatsoever... not even remotely. Just so you know But I do earnestly appreciate your feedback and your expression

P.S. and if it was offensive to you because of lack of understanding or for any reason, I'm sorry 'bout that.
__________________
BONT QRC/ Swisher 'Super Elite' Avenger Mg/ Aussie Scott S.E./ Bones Swiss Ceramics

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #116
Dec8rSk8r
Senior Member
 
Dec8rSk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisherTONE View Post
No Dec, I don't think you're being vendictive whatsoever, I really don't, but I do think that the whole thing has been blown way way outta the ball park, and is really a dead and moot issue at this point. You may not understand it (the word) being used in some ''light-hearted'' contexts(in my own personal context), but maybe it's not for you to understand(I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way). And just to make sure you're aware, I'm not some wet-behind-ears-kid... I'm well into my 30's, educated and refined. The word wasn't used racially whatsoever... in slang terms (and in it's many slang spelling(s) ) it has many many different meanings (again, maybe not for you to understand)... so the way I was using it (in my own way) wasn't racial whatsoever... not even remotely. Just so you know But I do earnestly appreciate your feedback and your expression

P.S. and if it was offensive to you because of lack of understanding or for any reason, I'm sorry 'bout that.
I do understand that your generation hasn't had the same experiences as mine, and I thank God for that! Peace out.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #117
Malcom
Senior Member
 
Malcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Now, I am pushing 50, and honestly I don’t understand some of the younger generations more casual approach to the “N” word. I know comics say this stuff, and it’s partially shock humor. I'm not saying I never laugh at them, but I kinda wish they would stop; as racial relations still need to heal, and variations on this word aren’t much different than the actual word itself to my mind. It mainly seems like the younger people that use these words, and if some of the younger people had had the same experiences that some of us older ones have had with it, you even wouldn’t “go there” with it. You want me to be "real" on the subject, well this is real I can get on it, and hopefully you understand where I am coming from and not think I mentioned it just to be vindictive.
I am pushing 40 and yeah things have changed.

I am for sure NOT a fan of that word ever being used in any context or slang form....
__________________
Cancer sucks.
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #118
Malcom
Senior Member
 
Malcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,003
Default

And Swisher...

The feed back has been addressed. I started a poll-the majority wanted a feedback section. An offsite link was created for this purpose.

I PM'd both Kathie and Jessica about adding it into the "buy and sell here at your own risk" to which I never got a reply to. Which btw I find very, very immature no matter what your personal or professional feelings are on the subject.
__________________
Cancer sucks.
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #119
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143
 
SwisherTONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
And Swisher...

The feed back has been addressed. I started a poll-the majority wanted a feedback section. An offsite link was created for this purpose.

I PM'd both Kathie and Jessica about adding it into the "buy and sell here at your own risk" to which I never got a reply to. Which btw I find very, very immature no matter what your personal or professional feelings are on the subject.
Yeah Malcom, I was made aware of your thread after the fact. I never found it when I searched with the search feature (it's not a flawless working feature I've found...sometimes it is), but I appreciate your response as well as everyone elses, whether 'for or against', and I know now, just to not care, and to just worry about my own self... it's probably best, although it's not in my nature to not be concerned with others. Thanks again.
__________________
BONT QRC/ Swisher 'Super Elite' Avenger Mg/ Aussie Scott S.E./ Bones Swiss Ceramics

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:47 AM   #120
Finn 427
Senior Member
 
Finn 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,240
Default

Phew! I am a bit worn out after readin this thread from where I last looked at it, at about page 3?? What a show? That was not quite where I thought THIS thread would have gone but hey, you never know around here

So was there any outcome to all this slagging off or are we all just kickin along now
Happy little skaters we all are
__________________
Bont-Boen-Deanos-Ceramics..... No mini van!!
Finn 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.