S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old May 16th, 2017, 10:22 AM   #1
Jords

Default How do I do the J-Turn?

Hi guys,
I'm stumped. I've been struggling with J-Turn for many months. I've been all over YouTube for it. I can do it, kinda but not when using the Crazy as an entry point. Is there any prerequisite you could recommend. Would one cone Fan Volt be one, please?
Jords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 01:30 PM   #2
kev0

nay, i don't really recommend the fan volte as a prerequisite trick. i'd say to execute a good fan volte is much more difficult than a good j-turn, because of the momentum required if you want to spin more than once

for j-turn there really isn't any prerequisite trick. the advice i can offer you is to get comfortable with the position of the trick. keep yourself relatively straight without hunching over, and think of turning your shoulders.

next, the easiest, least appealing entry would be to roll forward with your legs crossed in the jturn position, turn into a circle and make the circle tight into a jturn. if you can do that already, alternatively you can try an easier entry such as the Sun -> jturn
kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:24 AM   #3
Jords

Thumbs up

Yeah using my shoulders is making it easier now. Still do not as complete as I want but yeah it's better now when I use the shoulders.

I didn't know you could use the Sun entry for it. I'll have to look for that in a competition vid, I'd like to see that one day. Thanks.
Jords is offline   Reply With Quote