S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old March 29th, 2017, 10:35 PM   #41
gsloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufman View Post
Yeah, saw that. Sounds like he thought they were nice wheels. But the stuff he's skating is very very smooth. So, I'm still concerned they'll be too hard.

So, does this sound reasonable: [given your postulate that 3*125 will seem less hard than 4*110]

88a - dual pour - so feels like 87a perhaps 86a
125 three wheel, feels like 86a. [Perhaps even 85a?]

So, perhaps about the same as Bont Mints? [But not as dead...]
Yeah, I know - no one's going to know, really. I just wish there were some way to get real beta without having to shell out $100 for wheels that might seriously suck [at least for me, if not everyone else.]

I guess the bearings are worth at least $12.

-Greg
Old March 30th, 2017, 03:56 AM   #42
kufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsloop View Post
Yeah, saw that. Sounds like he thought they were nice wheels. But the stuff he's skating is very very smooth. So, I'm still concerned they'll be too hard.

So, does this sound reasonable: [given your postulate that 3*125 will seem less hard than 4*110]

88a - dual pour - so feels like 87a perhaps 86a
125 three wheel, feels like 86a. [Perhaps even 85a?]

So, perhaps about the same as Bont Mints? [But not as dead...]
Yeah, I know - no one's going to know, really. I just wish there were some way to get real beta without having to shell out $100 for wheels that might seriously suck [at least for me, if not everyone else.]

I guess the bearings are worth at least $12.

-Greg
I agree. I don't want to spend the money to try either, lol!
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #43
spdkls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufman View Post
I agree. I don't want to spend the money to try either, lol!
Same. Not a big fan of what I call the "Chinese cut" on the pour side.
spdkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:05 PM   #44
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

I don't mind so much that Curtis (TLTF/WRW) is testing. I just get tired of posts saying that wheels are "coming soon" and they never come to market.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 05:47 PM   #45
kufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
I don't mind so much that Curtis (TLTF/WRW) is testing. I just get tired of posts saying that wheels are "coming soon" and they never come to market.
Or you only see their sponsored skaters on them and no one else can get them.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 02:30 AM   #46
AZ Roadrunner

I get it, and have empathy but also not too long ago we were all whining that none of the wheel MFG's were stepping up to the 125 plate other than Matter. Now the flood gates have opened with no shortage of choices and prices for the 125's. TLTF has always brought their product later. Their product is usually worth the wait and their prices are usually better for a high end wheel. Yes, the photo teases get irritating but at least they did come out with a 125, at first they said they were not going to build a 125 wheel.

In a dying industry I'm glad we are still seeing lots of choices for wheels. Soon the only inline skaters left in America will be grey, bald and skating in circles forgetting where they were going...
Old March 31st, 2017, 12:14 PM   #47
spdkls

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Roadrunner View Post
In a dying industry I'm glad we are still seeing lots of choices for wheels. Soon the only inline skaters left in America will be grey, bald and skating in circles forgetting where they were going...
Dying? My local rink has seen a 50% rise in new session skaters walking through the door and coming back for more skating. We are also putting together a beginner speed club in the next few months. This is in a town that hasn't seen a speed club since 1994. Even our ****-ty rink on the beach side has seen a jump in session skaters.

I don't think speed skating is dying either. New skaters on teams are up slightly this in my region. Yes we had people quit, but that age group (16-20) usually quits during the high school years. On my full time team, our elementary and below outnumber the rest on the team 3-1.

Sorry for the tangent.

Back on track. I like Curt's wheels, but when I hear people complaining because vendors only have xx number of sets for a meet is irritating. The excuse is always. Well Curt is tinkering or he's pouring long board wheels(I get it that skateboard wheels are a money maker). Don't promise the moon, and give me Cornwall.
spdkls is offline   Reply With Quote