S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old December 1st, 2016, 12:37 PM   #41
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
Evil flourishes when good men do nothing.
but if we object our governments use our money to punish us.
So we Decide one day that we dont wanna be slaves anymore and our government will find a poor country and import workers.
Then the wealthy big knobs say we just dont like competition.
Is that all theyve got to say about us sticking up for ourselves?
Assimilate and dont try to convert or threaten our way of life.
big viciuos cycle.
Islamic extremest already have a country that tolerates their murderous ways.
If they want sharia law stay in that country and stop looking for fresh meat i say.
Yep, that is the way it is. Don't stand up for yourselves and the takeover will come. Either by being taken over from the inside or with war. You show weakness when they are plotting a take over. That is all they have ever been about. Quantoo, you are right, there will be war, we just don't know when. When it does happen, there will be a lot of people that were for leaving them alone getting buried. The ones that try to avoid the confrontation because it is not pc. The ones that have no sense of the danger from a people that only know war. War is coming, it may be many years, but it is inevitable.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2016, 03:21 PM   #42
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
The ones that try to avoid the confrontation because it is not pc. The ones that have no sense of the danger from a people that only know war. War is coming, it may be many years, but it is inevitable.
A lot of people confuse being peaceful with avoiding confrontation. Are they weak? Are they cowardly? Are they STUPID? I dunno. Maybe, maybe not.

America has been down this road before. Avoiding confrontation.
Then Pearl Harbor happened, and America had to stand up and be counted.
Old December 1st, 2016, 04:16 PM   #43
Trixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
A lot of people confuse being peaceful with avoiding confrontation. Are they weak? Are they cowardly? Are they STUPID? I dunno. Maybe, maybe not.
Why fight when you don't have to? If avoiding confrontation leads to peace, why would you instead provoke it? I'm not saying war won't happen or can't happen. Likely perhaps, but not inevitable. You guys are bent on this idea of war with such... religious conviction.

Quote:
America has been down this road before. Avoiding confrontation.
Then Pearl Harbor happened, and America had to stand up and be counted.
That's a very poor analogy. Annihilate or be annihilated? That's pretty barbaric.
Trixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2016, 04:44 PM   #44
Trixton

In this inevitable, unavoidable war, who exactly are we fighting?
Old December 1st, 2016, 06:41 PM   #45
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixton View Post
In this inevitable, unavoidable war, who exactly are we fighting?
I cannot believe you asked this question! SH__!! You know, this is worse than a waste of time.....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2016, 07:35 PM   #46
Trixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
I cannot believe you asked this question! SH__!! You know, this is worse than a waste of time.....
Muslims? Their affiliated organization? ISIS? ISIL? Al-Qaeda? Every single nation that every single attacker claims allegiance to? Afghanistan? Iraq? At this rate, you will have many enemies. Come on, it's not a rhetorical question nor is it obvious, although you seem to think it is.
Old December 1st, 2016, 11:41 PM   #47
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Muslims? Their affiliated organization? ISIS? ISIL? Al-Qaeda? Every single nation that every single attacker claims allegiance to? Afghanistan? Iraq? At this rate, you will have many enemies. Come on, it's not a rhetorical question nor is it obvious, although you seem to think it is.
If we had a crystal ball, we'd be millionaires after having won some lotteries. We will fight who we are fighting now. Those who are against freedom. Those who advocate Sharia oppression. Who and where is of course, unknown at this time.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 01:44 AM   #48
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Ban Sharia Law

https://www.change.org/p/mitch-mccon...edium=copylink
Old December 2nd, 2016, 01:47 AM   #49
Trixton

Quote:
If we had a crystal ball, we'd be millionaires after having won some lotteries. We will fight who we are fighting now. Those who are against freedom. Those who advocate Sharia oppression. Who and where is of course, unknown at this time.
Thanks for the real answer... Here I thought we were against Muslims
Old December 2nd, 2016, 04:08 AM   #50
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Thanks for the real answer... Here I thought we were against Muslims
LOVE LOVE LOVE
DRIPPING IN BLOODY MUSLIM LOVE

San Bernadine Massacre last year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...wers/94762084/
Old December 2nd, 2016, 12:47 PM   #51
Trixton

Quote:
LOVE LOVE LOVE
DRIPPING IN BLOODY MUSLIM LOVE

San Bernadine Massacre last year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...wers/94762084/
Right... I'll tell you what I think since you would like to tell everybody what I think. I dislike Islam. I dislike Christianity. I dislike most monotheistic religions. The point is that it is irrelevant. I don't discriminate against Muslims nor do I discriminate against anyone else based on their religion. Terrorist groups should be squelched. Most Muslims agree with that. The vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists and do not condone terrorism.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 01:06 PM   #52
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
The vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists and do not condone terrorism.
Tell that to the dead......
.....fa la la.... la la la laaaaa
Dripping in bloody Muslim Love....
Old December 3rd, 2016, 03:25 PM   #53
wired

Quote:
Tell that to the dead......
.....fa la la.... la la la laaaaa
Dripping in bloody Muslim Love....
Since common decency does not seem to have an effect maybe another form will make a difference.

Fact - You’re more likely to be fatally crushed by furniture than killed by a terrorist.

Fact - Donald Trump now being used in terrorist propaganda videos.

Given these two facts why run around like some scared schoolchild making unattainable threats when doing so actually increases your chances of being harmed?

I'm not scared, why are you?

Old December 3rd, 2016, 10:13 PM   #54
quantoo

Default of course he is hes a politician

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Since common decency does not seem to have an effect maybe another form will make a difference.

Fact - Donald Trump now being used in terrorist propaganda videos.

They are all untrustworthy eventually
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 03:56 AM   #55
Trixton

Quote:
They are all untrustworthy eventually
Don't go looking for trouble where there is none. Paranoia breeds uncertainty. Uncertainty breeds tension. Tension breeds violence.
Old December 4th, 2016, 01:10 PM   #56
quantoo

Default well im happy for you to trust them then

Quote:
Don't go looking for trouble where there is none. Paranoia breeds uncertainty. Uncertainty breeds tension. Tension breeds violence.
I have seen nothing but lies and hollow promises except for a few infastructure projects here in aus .
Trumps already backed away from a few promises that he only made to get himself voted in .
Ever seen that movie liar liar?Theres a lot of truth in jest! How many truthfull honest politicans do you know of?
Anyway we both have made our minds up you wanna trust em i dont,i only want to warn people to keep their guard up and dont expect too much.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #57
Vadim

2c from Russia.

There are different branches of Islam. Here in Russia we get along with muslims for hundreds of years and everything os OK. For example, traditional branch of Islam on North Caucasus is sufism and it is OK.
BUT there is radical branch of sunni Islam, named Salafism (Wahhabism). Salafism is based on negation of secular government. It contradicts constitution of the U.S., Russian Federation and any other non-islamic state, and this makes it extrimist, out of law in majority of countries. According to it basically anyone collaborating in any way with "taghut" (secular government), becomes "non-muslim" and legal target to attack. Hope you know that 99% governments in the world are secular (non-theocracy, non-islamic, countries where church and state are separated). And this means that all we are just targets for those guys.
Biggest salafist nests are Saudi Arabia and Qatar. You may read that S.A. is "sunni" in wikipedia, but to be more precise it is salafist (wahhabist), professes radical branch of sunni Islam.

Interesting fact: S.A. is best U.S. friend on middle east. Period.

So, NOTHING WRONG WITH MUSLIMS, at least with vast majority of them. That is your own government getting "collateral damage" from its foreign affairs. Support radical Islam = get acts of terrorism.

PS most probably U.S. government can't ruin relationships with S.A. because it will cause economical disaster.
PSS didn't want to insult anybody. It is just how we see problem from there. Didn't want to write anything about politics but... Russia was a target of intensive wahhabist attacks for a decade, we had two Chechen wars. Lots of money and some able commanders (like Khattab) came from S.A. and other gulf countries. Which were supported by the U.S. already then.
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #58
Trixton

Quote:
I have seen nothing but lies and hollow promises except for a few infastructure projects here in aus .
Trumps already backed away from a few promises that he only made to get himself voted in .
Ever seen that movie liar liar?Theres a lot of truth in jest! How many truthfull honest politicans do you know of?
Anyway we both have made our minds up you wanna trust em i dont,i only want to warn people to keep their guard up and dont expect too much.
I guess I didn't understand that when you said "they" you meant "politicians" How do you figure I implicitly trust politicians...? That's just not true...
Old December 4th, 2016, 07:35 PM   #59
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim View Post
2c from Russia.
Welcome to the forum and a very good 2c you have added!

Your post illustrates most in the US have no idea how most of the rest of the World operates. They are clueless that our pursuit of "cheap" oil and expansion of our industries has put us in some very questionable alliances. Instead they rage at whatever "issue" of the week is placed in front of them.

Saudi Arabia is problematic. Where I live is a playground for their interest in thoroughbred race horses. For them the money supply is endless. Not much talk about their justice system which IS based on Sharia law and regularly features beheadings, floggings and other medieval punishments. But that never comes up. Nor does the nationality of the majority of the 9/11 hijackers. Nope, Saudi Arabia is our friend!

Skate on! I'm headed to the rink in about an 30 minutes and all this stuff will dissolve from my brain for a few blessed hours!

Old December 4th, 2016, 08:23 PM   #60
Trixton

Quote:
So, NOTHING WRONG WITH MUSLIMS, at least with vast majority of them. That is your own government getting "collateral damage" from its foreign affairs.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, Vadim

The way I see it, much of radical Islam was created out of resistance from Western advances and influences on their traditional way of life. The modern way of life conflicts with the way these people have been living for thousands of years. Radical Islam is the pushback. I agree, it is "collateral damage" from foreign affairs that has encouraged much of this activity.

Quote:
Support radical Islam = get acts of terrorism.
Maybe so, but who is directly supporting radical Islam?