S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old March 17th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #261
Ice Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by a8ksh4 View Post
Great thread you have going, Dale. I hope the snow and ice melt soon so you can get back at it on the airstrip, or better, back in Washington. If you ever find yourself in the Sacramento area, PM me and make sure to check out the trail system here.
Thanks, it did warm back up like the last week I was there but all my skates had been cleaned and packed away. I am no longer at that base and should be home shortly. I needed the extra time for the frostbite to heal up anyway.

Online Inline whats the skate scene looking like for April?

-Dale
Ice Ramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #262
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Ramps View Post
Online Inline whats the skate scene looking like for April?
It's what you make it, Dale.
Indoor is real active, but it's not the best time to join a team, as their seasons start up in October, and by April, they are in full swing with their eyes on Reginonals.
Outdoors, jump right in - the weather is usually favorable and there will be plenty of chances to hit the trails. If you want to race or do events outdoors, you will have to travel. Texas Road Rash around 3rd week in April, Chicago has the Chicagoland mid-summer, Duluth's NSIM in mid-september, NYC 100K and marathon last weekend of September, and A2A a week or two after that, to name a few.
Drop a line when you set down and we;ll skate a few miles. Brianwheelies is looking to do the same, too.
CHeers.
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #263
Ice Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by online inline View Post
It's what you make it, Dale.
Indoor is real active, but it's not the best time to join a team, as their seasons start up in October, and by April, they are in full swing with their eyes on Reginonals.
Outdoors, jump right in - the weather is usually favorable and there will be plenty of chances to hit the trails. If you want to race or do events outdoors, you will have to travel. Texas Road Rash around 3rd week in April, Chicago has the Chicagoland mid-summer, Duluth's NSIM in mid-september, NYC 100K and marathon last weekend of September, and A2A a week or two after that, to name a few.
Drop a line when you set down and we;ll skate a few miles. Brianwheelies is looking to do the same, too.
CHeers.
Outdoors works for me. Yeah I looked at the 2012 race event schedule and it looks really bleak. I'm sure that it only seems this way since when I trained/skated in Italy in the mid 90's there was always something going on. No way can I afford to travel much for events.......maybe one or two but that's it. I am signed up for A2A though.

As far indoors goes well I may be moving to FT Hood, TX (near Austin) before the next season starts.

-Dale
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #264
online inline

in the 90's things were hopping here, too.
Austin has some skating going on outdoors, or at least it did about three years ago when i was there last. The veloway is a nice little 3 mile loop on the edge of town, closed to traffic, that skaters were meeting at each week to do some circuits. I met a couple of nice skaters there but i can't remember their names at the moment. As i re-call, the one guy i talked to the most was really plugging A2A, so maybe you can hook up with them and do A2A with your new cronies.
But until then, the Puget Sound is a totally great place to be for all the outdoor sports. Welcome back. Time to have some fun!
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #265
Ice Ramps

Default Mission Complete

Mission Complete, now let's skate!
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=43645

-Dale
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #266
Ice Ramps

Default Additional Perks

Besides the weight loss and getting in better shape, I no longer need high blood pressure medication!

I was on Lisinipril and the doctor had told me once I started it I would have to continue taking the rest of my life.

I discovered this during the re-deployment medical screening my BP was 95/65 and the tech asked me if that was normal for me, I simply said I was taking high blood pressure medication so she just let the matter drop. At first I was assumed it was ok until I asked the doc at final screen to compare my BP results with pre deployment readings and I was at 150/125 or similar high readings.

So last night I skipped the high BP meds and went into see our medical guys to start a 5-day BP check before confirming this with the Doctor. Day one's non-medicated readings were 129/87 on the left arm and 114/82 on my right arm.

Yep I'll keep on skating!
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #267
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

My BP was 150 over 105 two years ago. I skated it down to 120 over 80. Lost 80-90 lbs in the process too.

Skatin been verr verr good to me!
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #268
Ice Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2big View Post
My BP was 150 over 105 two years ago. I skated it down to 120 over 80. Lost 80-90 lbs in the process too.

Skatin been verr verr good to me!
Yep me too! I just went in for my day 2 check BP was almost identical to yesterday.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #269
Ice Ramps

Default Skates for Soldiers!

Bump for a good cause: Skates for Soldiers Project

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...501#post658501

The BLUF is the Canadians when they were stationed in Kandahar, Afghanistan aka "KAF" for Kandahar Air Field, built a outdoor hockey rink. The rink is still there although the Canadians left a couple years ago. Anyway there is a member there hosting hockey events and looking for skates, something most soldiers don't have in Afghanistan.

The Main guy behind this can be reached by e-mail at: DTohill1@yahoo.com
Also here their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kaf.skate

-Dale

Tags
afghanistan, skating