S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old August 29th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #21
Malcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLoser View Post
You could also check out "Super Slow" workouts.
These are the most stupid workouts of all....
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #22
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It

Actually, I've been working too long on my 16oz curls. Contributing factor to my weight...

Of all the suggestions people post, the best thing to do is to get the motivation up and do something. Thinking about it, or putting it off for the next day, wont help you achieve your goals.
swolltitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #23
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by swolltitan View Post
Of all the suggestions people post, the best thing to do is to get the motivation up and do something. Thinking about it, or putting it off for the next day, wont help you achieve your goals.
absolutely.
A life style change, if that's what it takes. An active life style, pursuits which you enjoy and will continue doing, eating healthy so you can keep doing it, and maybe even sharing the pursuits with your family and friends. Nothing revolutionary there.
A good strategy i've read is to cut out the detrimental behaviours and supplant them with good ones. In this case, the detrimental behaviours are inactivity and bad eating habits. So get up and enjoy life.
as far as interval training to get there, i suppose this can be a good component of a training program. aerobic intervals are really good, in addition to anaerobic intervals.
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #24
PBLsQuad450

Hi Gabi- what online/inline said is just perfect along with many others. Just to clarify a specific question, you asked about rest days... Don't get too confused about this, some of what you are hearing or reading is from lifting folk. Lifting a max load a few times a week with lifting one rep max 1Xweek on X lifts is very different. These are strategies to GAIN weight. I don't want to get into the details... I am an active lifestyle person, new to in-line skating (albeit something I have been wanting to do for a long time) I used a builder regimen for years to gain weight and it worked great. As soon as I stopped (for a knee injury followed strangely by a badly sprained Planter Fascia) I lost all the weight. Try as I can, I can't keep weight on. I dont eat much junk, I don't see it as a treat? I struggle to find the 3,000 calories a day I want. My diet isn't boring at all, just on the healthy side. Lots of clean protein, good fat (mostly) good carbs (kind of mostly) and all the fruit and veg I want all the time. You should have treats, as you call them. I never got that. If I wanted or could eat junk after dinner I would much rather have more Lasagna or whatever. Mom could really cook and I took grief all the time for wanting more dinner instead of desert? I am who I am. I miss my mother desperately, even if she could drive me nuts. Be who you are. I have dangerous allergies to a food group so I am unusually aware od what passes my lips and I do not eat out much (for that reason). I have other milder allergy issues, so I am used to thinking about what I put in my mouth. If you are serious, get a work-up and sensitivity scale done. General guidelines for healthy eating are great, but a work-up made for just you is priceless and you will loose weight immediately by reducing food sensitive inflammation and the like. Sorry for the long post. What is here is great. Good luck...
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #25
Malcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450 View Post
Hi Gabi- what online/inline said is just perfect along with many others. Just to clarify a specific question, you asked about rest days... Don't get too confused about this, some of what you are hearing or reading is from lifting folk. Lifting a max load a few times a week with lifting one rep max 1Xweek on X lifts is very different. These are strategies to GAIN weight.
I am one of those "lifting folk" and the above is totally wrong.

What do you think will add more body weight-squatting 500 once a week or squatting 225 for 3 sets of 20 once a week?

Why is it you think bodybuilders use a medium weight for lots of sets with lots of reps?
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #26
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
<snip>What do you think will add more body weight-squatting <snip>
How did I know that squats were going to come up?

Tell Randy. He is in a good mood lately. Can't believe how them people keep poking the bear with a stick over there.
Bill in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #27
Malcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
How did I know that squats were going to come up?

Tell Randy. He is in a good mood lately. Can't believe how them people keep poking the bear with a stick over there.
LOL

One of my favorite subjects

Yeah it's too bad we will be losing him as a member of the community.
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #28
PBLsQuad450

Pardon the oversimplification. I understand total load. It can be confusing to read the same kind of language about like subjects with cross purposes. That is all.