S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Quad Vert
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Vert All kinds of aggressive skating on quad roller skates including quad vertical roller skating, quad bowl skating, quad skatepark tricks, and street skating tricks in quad skates.

Old November 24th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #1
s243a

Default A linking idea

Kathy, I wonder if this forum would get more activity if it was linked from the quad forum. That way people in both the agressive sub forum and the quad sub forum would be able to see new posts in the quad vert section. I know this can be done because I saw you linked the buying agressive skates section to the main forum.
s243a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:14 AM   #2
roller_dudette
skate addict!

I personally wouldnt want this linked to the regular quad forum! I consider myself an aggressive skater, not a quad disco/jam/art skater. So I wouldnt want input on my skating from a general indoor quad skater for the most part, unless they CHOOSE to come over to this forum open mindedly. Skates in the rink are in no way similar to aggressive skates in either build nor skating form. I prefer to ask general quad questions there, but otherwise aggressive skating is probably a joke amongst most quad skaters. I hear it all the time about "I would never skate with skateboards on my feet". Well, I do and proudly!!
Old November 25th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #3
s243a

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller_dudette View Post
I personally wouldnt want this linked to the regular quad forum! I consider myself an aggressive skater, not a quad disco/jam/art skater. So I wouldnt want input on my skating from a general indoor quad skater for the most part, unless they CHOOSE to come over to this forum open mindedly. Skates in the rink are in no way similar to aggressive skates in either build nor skating form. I prefer to ask general quad questions there, but otherwise aggressive skating is probably a joke amongst most quad skaters. I hear it all the time about "I would never skate with skateboards on my feet". Well, I do and proudly!!
Okay, that makes sence. I just thought if some quad skaters saw the link they might get more interested in agressive. Maybe most quad skaters have no interest in agressive skating though. I remember you once telling me how disappointed you were with your roller derby experience before.
s243a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 03:47 AM   #4
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Well, it wasnt a bad idea. Just from my experience, most INDOOR quad skaters have much different thoughts and set ups compared to mine. I am very cautious now what I say on the quad forums cause of it because we come from 2 different planets. Our experiences and needs are much different. I go for stability and smooth rides, they prefer to spin on their toes in tiny circles going at super slow speeds, very controlled, very precise. I skate big and fast and on ramps so stability is key for me. I could go on but I think you get my drift. We both have boots and trucks, but thats where it stops for the most part. If they are "interested" in this type of skating, I certainly would love their input. But thats like having an artistic skater critique your jumps. There are things you can learn from viewing them doing jumps, but the focus and technique is totally different. So having them criticize your lack of proper placement of hands, proper landing on one leg, the steps, etc. wouldnt be helpful, eh? Even though you skate on straight, I skate on curves (trucks), we talk the same language, have the same goals, etc. And actually, derby isnt so far off. Its closer to what I do then disco skating is!
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM   #5
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class

Default I skate on curves

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller_dudette View Post
Well, it wasnt a bad idea. Just from my experience, most INDOOR quad skaters have much different thoughts and set ups compared to mine. I am very cautious now what I say on the quad forums cause of it because we come from 2 different planets. Our experiences and needs are much different. I go for stability and smooth rides, they prefer to spin on their toes in tiny circles going at super slow speeds, very controlled, very precise. I skate big and fast and on ramps so stability is key for me. I could go on but I think you get my drift. We both have boots and trucks, but thats where it stops for the most part. If they are "interested" in this type of skating, I certainly would love their input. But thats like having an artistic skater critique your jumps. There are things you can learn from viewing them doing jumps, but the focus and technique is totally different. So having them criticize your lack of proper placement of hands, proper landing on one leg, the steps, etc. wouldnt be helpful, eh? Even though you skate on straight, I skate on curves (trucks), we talk the same language, have the same goals, etc. And actually, derby isnt so far off. Its closer to what I do then disco skating is!

"because we come from 2 different planets" ... me too
Fell right on the back of my head a couple weeks ago [flatlander rink skating in Lynden, WA] and all the stars we're out..*&%$#*#@*

There are many moves that we take from rink quad skating but yes, a bad idea to mix quad vert with anything that doesn't have the word VERT in it.....we skate on curves

I think maybe s243a was suggesting it could be a sub-forum of Quad Skating:
It already is a sub-forum in Special Interest Skating Forums which works for me.
CrazeeDave is offline   Reply With Quote