S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old August 23rd, 2017, 11:48 PM   #1
quantoo

Default dick smiths fair go

Thank god for somebody thats wealthy and a houshold name that isnt afraid to tell the truth .Thank god ! I believe endless growth is already a problem .
At least open your eyes and look at the world situation before judging dick for his effort.
Look at the advert with the science dish on this link page for some understanding.
https://www.facebook.com/dicksmithfairgo/
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2017, 04:36 PM   #2
wired

Mr Smith blows his entire argument;

"Dick Smith Fair Go
18 hrs ·
The second point of my Dick Smith Fair Go manifesto:
2. Change our perpetual growth Ponzi-type economic system. It is clear that it is impossible to have perpetual growth in a finite world. "

If one believes the "world" is finite one has not been paying attention. We live in a Universe of infinite possibilities. There have been "Mr Smiths" through history and they have always been wrong. A good illustration is the The Great Horse Manure Crisis of 1894 “In 50 years, every street in London will be buried under nine feet of manure.”.

Mr Smith is pushing something that smells the same.

Old August 28th, 2017, 03:30 AM   #3
quantoo

Default And what fixed the manure crisis was? CHANGE/ Motor vehicles

What dick is saying is if we dont make a change things will get worse .
We need limits otherwise population gets out of control.Then your besties will wage war to drop the population. Then when they wage war we dont have a choice of who lives or dies.They just choose who dies by status.
Yeah a few people that they didnt want dead still die but thats where we are headed. We dont live in the 1800's anymore so think more second world war style, rather than an example from 1800's. change stopped the manure crisis.
Only a crazy leader would start bombing and not take cover to save themseves right?Some people dont give 2 hoots when others die. Dick has always gave a sh!t about Australia as far back as i can remmember ,may have imported computer stuff from tiawan etc, but we had bugger all computer manufacturing in australia back then..We need to work longer and retire later to compensate for the void af taxpers in the next generation if we go for birth control .Agree?
No then? The situation is getting worse,crime rates climbing ,unemployment soaring and im just about to lose my house as wages haven't risen anywhere near as high as inflation.If i lose my job im on the street and it wasnt like that 10 years ago.It seems to me like you are an elitist wired sometimes ,with an im alright jack attitude.I did say watch it get worse for australia 4 years back and it has .If its broken take steps to fix it . But it seem like the authoritys aka {know alls} in parlaiment are trying the fix the stuff that isn't broken all of the time. We are on the verge of spending 100million dollars or a plebicite which is money that could be better spent on urgent charity's.In the 1980's this was mentioned,we cant support 20million people in aus as we only have so much livable space water /resources etc.And out of the goodness of UNREALISTIC peoples hearts we will over populate our county causing poverty no different to the poverty these refugees are escaping.So then we just have another 3rd world country in the end which might be Ok for you as you will just escape poveryy by moving to your house in the cayman islands .LOL{probably}
Old August 28th, 2017, 05:51 AM   #4
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
Dick has always gave a sh!t about Australia as far back as i can remmember ,may have imported computer stuff from tiawan etc, but we had bugger all computer manufacturing in australia back then..
Is this the Dick Smith of Dick Smith Electronics? I used to order stuff from them. If so the guy always did like his face. It was all over the catalogs.

Quote:
It seems to me like you are an elitist wired sometimes ,with an im alright jack attitude.
Lately it seems "elitist" means educated and motivated by reason. You and others use it as a slam which is ridiculous. For centuries ignorance and emotional thinking have been shown to bring about bad results. Is that your goal? I went to public schools and have done fine living a very middle class lifestyle. Used cars, old house, dirt under my fingernails. Certainly not in the elite.

My guess is you wouldn't know real "elites" if they hit you over the head and took your cash. Which is what they have been doing for the last 30-40 years with their "trickle down" horse manure.

You are blaming the wrong people and barking up the wrong tree. Civilization will continue to move forward and premature deaths will continue to decrease from all causes. Per capita the World is more peaceful than it has ever been. Doom and gloom certainly sells, but it is seldom the truth.

Old August 28th, 2017, 10:38 AM   #5
quantoo

Default But wired sometimes you seem to suport elitist ideals

[QUOTE=wired;727322]Is this the Dick Smith of Dick Smith Electronics? I used to order stuff from them. If so the guy always did like his face. It was all over the catalogs.
Yes and so does hillary ,obama ,chuck norris etc.
Sometimes putting a face to label helps business.
No elitist means if im ok and others go without i will better than them.
Now your bank did they announce a 8 billion dollar profit this year .If so it figures because the people losing thier homes have been paying atm fees high interest rates and transaction fees account keeping fees .but i bet they only gave their tellers a a 1% payrise in the last three years.thats just one greedy example of how your great system works ,our main banks pay their CEO's up to 12 million dollars a year and even our govt wants to put a stop to that robbery.
I also just watch the great MTV awards where they sung a song about suicide and all the people stood up and cheered .Most of those stars that cheered are going home in a limo or a $200000 + car to a multi milion dollar mansion. most suicides i hear of are from financial pressures .So at 1 end that you seem to support are hogging everything to themselves and pretending to give a sh1t.So deny the facts like so many others becuase I know that struggling financially causes most problems including family violence and drug abuse not to mention gambling to buy hope .Seen it first hand almost every day for 30+ years ive lived in all the poorer streets.So smear it over with a rainbow blanket and make an excuse that we dont work hard enough and those living the extravegant lifestyle deserve every penny then.We are being stolen from and the police will stop us fighting for our share .The police are armed we aint.I live in the real world where we work the maximum hours and all interview time for a better job is over as the suit wearers mostly work bankers hours .And if theres any new jobs immigrants take most of them.So dick has a point as employers prefer to employ people from overseas as they will turn on each other to get somewhere and the polticians /elitists like to destry mateship .they get off on it.

Lately it seems "elitist" means educated and motivated by reason. You and others use it as a slam which is ridiculous. For centuries ignorance and emotional thinking have been shown to bring about bad results. Is that your goal? I went to public schools and have done fine living a very middle class lifestyle. Used cars, old house, dirt under my fingernails. Certainly not in the elite.

All you have to do is think open your eyes talk to people that arent elite and you may get the message that the weathy are protecting their money /lifestyle and will lie and brainwash to keep a stronghold .they may share share a few crumbs with you if your a loyal puppy dog to them though

Last edited by quantoo; August 29th, 2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old August 29th, 2017, 07:01 PM   #6
wired

Quote:
No elitist means if im ok and others go without i will better than them.
So I'm an elitist, one of the only around here that stands up for the rule of law. The rule of law that is often the ONLY protection the little guy has against the wealthy and corporations.

Most elites are quite sure the rule of law does not apply to them. Until it does...

Old August 30th, 2017, 01:33 PM   #7
quantoo

Default cmon man the rule of law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
So I'm an elitist, one of the only around here that stands up for the rule of law. The rule of law that is often the ONLY protection the little guy has against the wealthy and corporations.

Most elites are quite sure the rule of law does not apply to them. Until it does...

The more money a person has and their status will always help their case in a court of law anyday of the week .Lawyers depend on this.good representation costs lots of dough.
But i appreciate your good intention.I tell you what i wish it were 100% fact that law is there to even the scales.But unfortunantly most of its there to protect the the nelson rockerfellas of the world
Old August 30th, 2017, 10:22 PM   #8
fierocious1

The last place anyone wants to is to court with a jury. Going to court does not insure that justice will be done.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 01:59 AM   #9
ursle
Street Skater

Right, thwart justice
If you can't do the time don't do the crime

Generally pirates just take all they can and give nothing back, as do spy's and deplorables
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 04:39 AM   #10
1M_E

Dick Smith seems like a pretty decent bloke, about 10-15 years ago there was a great doco that had him and Jim from Jims mowing talking about their companies and why they didn't 'live it up'. They asked both what cars they had and Dick was driving a 10 year old lexus and Jim had an early 70 volvo station wagon with 350,000 k's on it. They also spoke about how much they got paid and I clearly remember Dick saying that the Board was giving him a hard time for only paying himself ~$150k a year as it made them look bad for taking home WAAAAAY more, his reply was that 'I own my home and cars and really only need the money for doing things with his family'. Jim's answer was pretty similar too.

Too me that is the sort of guy that you want running things, someone in it for the right reasons not just the money and fame.
1M_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 05:28 AM   #11
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
The last place anyone wants to is to court with a jury. Going to court does not insure that justice will be done.
Of course no one wants to go to court!

Sometimes it is the only solution and in practice, more times than not, justice is done. Read through this List of landmark court decisions in the United States and see how many rights in the US were enforced by the court system.

To think or espouse otherwise is to invite anarchy or fascism.

Old August 31st, 2017, 01:08 PM   #12
quantoo

Default He isnt half as bad as any of our decorated prime ministers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M_E View Post
Dick Smith seems like a pretty decent bloke, about 10-15 years ago there was a great doco that had him and Jim from Jims mowing talking about their companies and why they didn't 'live it up'. They asked both what cars they had and Dick was driving a 10 year old lexus and Jim had an early 70 volvo station wagon with 350,000 k's on it. They also spoke about how much they got paid and I clearly remember Dick saying that the Board was giving him a hard time for only paying himself ~$150k a year as it made them look bad for taking home WAAAAAY more, his reply was that 'I own my home and cars and really only need the money for doing things with his family'. Jim's answer was pretty similar too.

Too me that is the sort of guy that you want running things, someone in it for the right reasons not just the money and fame.
I beleive the right reason is to offer quality at a fair price whether it be your time ,your product or who your product has employed.
Trump has at least tried to encourage american made just like dick endorses aussie made.
Old September 1st, 2017, 08:22 PM   #13
fierocious1

Quote:
I beleive the right reason is to offer quality at a fair price whether it be your time ,your product or who your product has employed.
Trump has at least tried to encourage american made just like dick endorses aussie made.
You basically have two types of government... those that want the people to thrive and be happy and the other that wants to rule over and enslave the people(communist demoncrats). If you aren't one then you are the other. Nothing wrong with Aussie or American made, especially if there is POPULATION that HAS money to buy the products. Slaves have barely enough to live on....

The slavers will do ANYTHING and tell, spin, gossip and lie plus other things to make it a reality. Anyone helping them is traitorous and against individuals freedom.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 01:46 AM   #14
quantoo

Default How many times would you like me to say yes to all of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
You basically have two types of government... those that want the people to thrive and be happy and the other that wants to rule over and enslave the people(communist demoncrats). If you aren't one then you are the other. Nothing wrong with Aussie or American made, especially if there is POPULATION that HAS money to buy the products. Slaves have barely enough to live on....

The slavers will do ANYTHING and tell, spin, gossip and lie plus other things to make it a reality. Anyone helping them is traitorous and against individuals freedom.
I will just say EX actly.
Funny that those enslavers are so damn rigid in their views . So many times ive seen folk taught that this can only be 1 way {the proper way}only for people like us to say why cant i just do this? It should not affect the outcome of the job etc.But then the brainwashed folk that have the authority just push you out of the way and come up with some Bul2choit excuse which scares the remaining workers into following blindly.
The final outcome being thinkers get sent broke and followers are rewarded .
I have the upmost respect for wired ,ursle and everyone on skatelog but sometimes as mere human beings we all all miss the point .In this case its a power to the people point {The power that had been taken away by bush and obama} and the P,T,T,P point is trump is trying to give back some power to the people.I think the dem supporters are looking a gift horse in the mouth at this early stage of trump's run and should be concentrating more on bettering their chances of getting ahead instead of supporting the dem party ..And if hitlary had become president america would certainly be heading down exactly the same path as it was before trump.
We at the ground level know what we need but those at a higher level want to tell us what we need all the while including a few small trinkets that we can use to keep us thinking we are getting our chips mate.In the mean time there's a shortfall on necessitys for middle class, which is the group of people that the elites want to eliminate as some may find success and become competion for the elites. Then heaven forbid the elites will actally have to do some fair work for a fair days pay.Take down the smoke screen at all costs is what i would like to do ,because too much wealth is vanishing into thin air and it comes from the workers blood ,sweat, tears and sometimes their existence.And what i find to be one of the strangest behaviours is when the finger gets pointed at the people bludging on social security by media and the fools of the media implying that these people are just wokers that dont want to work anymore.Then the structure supports pushing more workers into poverty to become dependand on social security.Maybe we need a website called watch it get worse .com that we can go to as a we told you so place to vent frustration.
Old September 4th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #15
wired

Quote:
In this case its a power to the people point {The power that had been taken away by bush and obama} and the P,T,T,P point is trump is trying to give back some power to the people.
And you base this on what?

Donald Trump has NEVER done anything that first and foremost wasn't good for himself and feeding his massive ego. What you heard at those rallies was him getting applause. He doesn't believe any of the stuff he repeats, it's all to get maximum crowd response for him. He says what people want to hear, makes no difference if it's true. Any one that repeatedly says "believe me" is lying.

All politicians lie, that is part of the job. However Trump has taken this to a new level of mendacity in combining his ego, salesman shtick, flair for the outrageous and ignorance. He combined that B.S with racism, sexism and nativist sentiment to eke out a narrow victory.

That ANYONE still believes his sh1t now that it is obvious he had no plan amazes me. Trump apparently believes Power Point bullet points constitute actionable legislation. His healthcare "plan" was just a laughable as his tax "plan" is now. Both sound wonderful but are as achievable as free limo rides for everyone on Mondays.

Power to the people? That was NEVER in his plan. Power to people like him, maybe. But if you had your eyes open it was all about him. His words were just a way to get applause and make his short fingered, Queens born, inferiority complex ridden self feel big and important.

To think otherwise belies the obvious.

Last edited by wired; September 4th, 2017 at 07:58 PM.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #16
quantoo

Default its more what he hasnt said mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
And you base this on what?

Donald Trump has NEVER done anything that first and foremost wasn't good for himself and feeding his massive ego. What you heard at those rallies was him getting applause. He doesn't believe any of the stuff he repeats, it's all to get maximum crowd response for him. He says what people want to hear, makes no difference if it's true. Any one that repeatedly says "believe me" is lying.

All politicians lie, that is part of the job. However Trump has taken this to a new level of mendacity in combining his ego, salesman shtick, flair for the outrageous and ignorance. He combined that B.S with racism, sexism and nativist sentiment to eke out a narrow victory.

That ANYONE still believes his sh1t now that it is obvious he had no plan amazes me. Trump apparently believes Power Point bullet points constitute actionable legislation. His healthcare "plan" was just a laughable as his tax "plan" is now. Both sound wonderful but are as achievable as free limo rides for everyone on Mondays.

Power to the people? That was NEVER in his plan. Power to people like him, maybe. But if you had your eyes open it was all about him. His words were just a way to get applause and make his short fingered, Queens born, inferiority complex ridden self feel big and important.

To think otherwise belies the obvious.

From memory i did see Obama at a press conference mention firearm restictions after one of the massacres, which of course most people would say without thinking yeah that would stop massacres.
feel free anyone to chime in on obamas hidden agenda to disarm the law abiding public.
Im pretty sure you could bet money on bush juniors influence on australias semi auto ban.
Didnt work in australia as we just had a gun amnesty which raked in 2150 illegal firearms at the last count i heard.
How many bikie gangs and organised crime syndicates are still out there refusing to hand in illegal firearms?
The last few weeks in melbourne has seen 3 shot dead per week up from 2 and obviously rising.I will say it one more time for those that have trouble reading hearing etc."Watch it get worse".
Until people have a legal right of self defence and equal force in this country more and more innocent people will die.
I was talking to 1 guy from dandenong face to face last wednesday when he showed me the old bullet wound that went through his ear and he explained the doctors cant remove the bullet that is still in hiis lung from years ago .The Ice rats Will shoot whoever they feel like even an innocent bystander .
Simply put if people still agree with the Authoritys on disarming the law abiding public then the the good guns will be held by the bad people {NOT ROCKET SCIENCE} and the good guys that have a licence and a registered .22 bolt action long rifle will not get the weapon out of the gun safe quick enough to defend themseves .
I will change my tune at the drop of a hat when trump says we have to disarm the public or put restrictions on type of gun ownersip.
By the way i did watch planet america today and pretty much nothing has changed overall economically for america since trump became pesident but it usually takes approx 1 year to get an idea of any improvements or downturn.
These graphs were shown by anti trump presenters so i know theres no bias towards trump from them.
So for me its more what he hasnt said.Usually if you say it /you want it .And if he wanted it as bad as the democrat party he may organised something bad to give him leverage to ban the public from having semi autos.You country is a dangerous place and where some streets are suicide paths and when somebody rolls their car they reach for gun in the glovebox before they undo their seatbelt for a reason.Till people in australia start fighting back crime will rise.Its like training dog no point in walking up to the dog 2 days later and squirt it in the eyes with a water pistol for stealing food off the table cos it just aint gonna understand a lot like people in power they just aint gonna understand.You gotta stop em in their tracks /nip it in the bud.You seem to forget anything that obama did wrong.Dont forget the black lives matter group.
Now if obama has no control of the police force then i forgive him.
Cops are not only still out their bullying innocent citizens and opressing people they put it on film and rub it right into us .I dont mind if people are ignorant and have lost touch becuase its their problem not mine.
theres not enough space to post all the info soz wired. to serve and protect WHO obama ?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/after-an...22-ghuwg4.html
Thats obamas mention/praise on aussie gun reform.
This one is abc style stats http://www.abc.net.au/news/factcheck...arthur/7254880
So as you can see for youself overall no improvement after the new restrictions just more bad people killing good people and less good people killing bad people, is my take on it anyway.
I am 100% sure if you restrict gun laws to the same degree as australia in the usa the situation will get worse before it gets better.
Trust me when i say obama didnt give a sh1t about you niether would hillary.
So all of this pointless bullsh1t that i have posted, most not cut and paste and came from personal assessment over 20+ years makes me feel a little closer to being a power to the people guy than most i know of.
But i did copy paste this piece as to keep with the skatelog OTS tradition . lol

REDDEN: What do they do, make a phone call? Send a fax out?

HOROWITZ: Yes. Central Intelligence puts out a list of the top newsworthy items that are to be covered that day by the mainstream press. I mean, it doesn't take rocket scientist to see it. The fact of the matter is, if allegedly you have three independent main news networks plus CNN, how independent are they if they all repeat virtually the same story using the same clippings in close to the same order? They modify that a little bit so that the ignorant masses don't catch on too much, but basically that alone should tip you off. And of course when you read who's in charge of these organizations and how they fit into the AAlluminarrtee and the Council on Foreign Relations, you begin to say, holy smoke, no wonder.

Last edited by quantoo; September 13th, 2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old September 10th, 2017, 12:45 AM   #17
quantoo

Default Anyway

All govts are corrupt and on the black money market gravy train.
Trumps personallity doesnt impress me ,it seems like hes cold and just reading the lines that are given him . But having said that at least hes reading good news and staying positive. So he probably insnt reading what he doesnt beleive in .You guys can turn against him any time you want but i believe that if you give him a fair go you have a higher chance of getting a fair go for yourself.Or alternativaly you can be a stubborn mule and sabotage your own future.
So We have been all fooled to empowering the leaders of the world That have taken black market Money to spend on underground 8 mile deep 400 levels 25 miles across secret citys.Like our 1 at pine gap .lol
Theres nothing we can do now.....
So if a trump style leader rocks up with some positive attitude that could benifit the working class along side with letting you have the freedom to protect yourself its beats the old alternative.Overall trump is not doing such a bad job and thats not considering he 71 years old.I take my hat off to 71 year olds that still have that much get up and go regardless of ego.
Old September 13th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #18
quantoo

Default i have to correct myself on the figures i got em wrong

26,000 guns were handed in .
so how many criminals with intent do you think handed in some of these guns?

some look like german lugers
http://www.news.com.au/national/aust...9de1332052f179