S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default SEDS

Stage 1 SEDS Skate Equipment Deficiency Syndrome......

A sk8r realizes they do not have a particular piece of necessary rare, expensive and /or obsolete sk8 equipment...... This commonly occurs to returning sk8rs that want to re-create their old sk8s or the sk8s they always dreamed of...Their sk8ing pleasure is now deficient...and they are on a quest to get the sk8 item they need to be happy.

Stage 2 SEDS Skate Equipment Dependency Syndrome......

The sk8r has successfully searched high and low and SCORED their needed item...but in the process they pick up a few other items...then a few more and soon the sk8r (now a SEDS victim) is constantly on the prowl for more.... In other words dependent on getting more and better cool sk8ing stuff....

Sk8rs will jump back and forth between Stage 1 and 2. It is a never ending cycle...with NO known cure.....

BEWARE Full blown SEDS can be dangerous to wallets, friendships and sanity in general.....but it sure is fun.......
5/9/2011 Hazards newly noted: SEDS is hazardous to current intimate relationships and may prevent new ones from forming..
9/4/2011 Stage 3 SEDS? Identified by Big Nick and may be exacerbated by too much Vegemite ....
Quote:
I think I might be developing some horrible mutant third stage of SEDS where I buy things that I think other people need as well as still buying the stuff I know I don't need!
Hopefully this is isolated to kangaroo land... We may require an international quarantine..

Last edited by Doc Sk8; September 4th, 2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Per special request
Doc Sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote