S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old May 20th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Just Jacob

Default Plate Weights

Hello I just got a new pair of Antik Mg2 boots and am looking at plates to put on it. Something that I never know by looking at plates is weight difference.

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a list of plate weights?

Also I currently skate on a dynapro and want to get a roll line variant m. Whats the weight difference between these two?

Thank You
Just Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 02:17 PM   #2
PappaWheelie

OK PappaWheelie. Read my rules. The only reason that I am not deleting this is you are basically correct.
(Sorry.. didn’t see this was in your forum. PappaWheelie)
You have to go to each plate you are interested in and then look at their charts... it isn't just the plate, but the plate size as well that matters in the weight.

Then there are issues of upgrades. I was able to drop over 120 grams from my Crazy Venus plates by putting in the upgraded kingpins.

Last edited by PappaWheelie; May 22nd, 2014 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Breaking rules.
PappaWheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 03:45 PM   #3
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jacob View Post
Hello I just got a new pair of Antik Mg2 boots and am looking at plates to put on it. Something that I never know by looking at plates is weight difference.

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a list of plate weights?

Use the search feature in the general quad forum. Lots of info there.

Also I currently skate on a dynapro and want to get a roll line variant m. Whats the weight difference between these two?

Thank You

It's not just the weight. Historically, the Variant has destroyed the DynaPro in critical areas such as handling and durability. Wheel base for wheel base the Variant should be lighter as well.
Old May 21st, 2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Just Jacob

Thanks for the reassurance that I'm getting a better plate. It's kind of difficult to find a good plate without comparing the weight with others the same size. As long as the variants are noticeably lighter than the dynapros I'm sure i will be happy.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 03:32 AM   #5
SSpinball
Playland ~ Austin, Tx.

there was a thread quite some time ago, with different plates and their weights. can't seem to locate it now.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 03:36 AM   #6
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jacob View Post
Thanks for the reassurance that I'm getting a better plate. It's kind of difficult to find a good plate without comparing the weight with others the same size. As long as the variants are noticeably lighter than the dynapros I'm sure i will be happy.
Even if they weigh the same they sk8 so much better you will wonder what took you so long to make the switch.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 03:40 AM   #7
SSpinball
Playland ~ Austin, Tx.

found it ! Plate weights chart

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13898

Whats the difference between dynapro and roll line variant m ? ....... Night and Day !
Old May 22nd, 2014, 07:52 PM   #8
Just Jacob

Thanks for putting up the link that helps a ton. It looks like the roll line is a bit lighter. Cant wait to try them. I'm going to use them for roller derby,

Tags
plate weight