S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old March 5th, 2016, 01:49 PM   #1
alonaxis

Default Advice on Seba skates

Hi Guys!

I have been skating for almost about a year, and need your advice and expertise in regards to new skates I would like to buy.
My first pair is Seba Trix 90... size 45. my foot length is 28.6cm, 11cm wide.
I put two socks on my foot and a custom made insole which decreased a bit more space inside the boot.
I still have some freedom in the boot, and feel best when my feet get really warm and large a bit.
I mostly skate in urban areas.

I would like to buy new skates by Seba... and aim for a tighter fit this time...
I don't know if I could get used to size 44 without suffering, because as soon as I put any skates at the shop... I feel super tight inside and not comfortable...
Should I go through a painful break-in period this time? Which skates would you recommend? any guys with similar foot size and experience ?
Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks you!
Alon
alonaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #2
El3ctr0naut

Hi Alon

As I understand it the Seba Trix are a one piece boot and roomier than, say, the FRs/GTs which are a two piece boot with a liner. I have the GT90s and take a solid size 9 in normal shoes/trainers and went for the size 9 (43) in the Seba. They were very snug to start off with due to the liner padding, however, the shop I bought them from advised that the padding would give with wearing in. Happy to say that the liners did give and that I now have a pair of very comfortable skates that fit like a glove.

There are some very good reviews and Q&As regarding sizing over at www.locoskates.com which may help you decide (never used the place or have any affiliation - just find the info on the skates very helpful).

I hope that helps a little!

All the best
Adam
El3ctr0naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 07:01 AM   #3
alonaxis

Thanks for the reply Adam!
alonaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 03:59 PM   #4
hyperiuSupern0va

sorry i dont have much experience but you should really check out K2 skates. in terms of comfort, they're pretty much the tops, in your regards to footing. i doubt you'd be disappointed, give a few try outs of k2 before buying. i can't really recommend any model. im opting for powerblading next and perhaps a 3 wheeler. you should get larger wheels around 80mm if urban/city.

seba's i feel, are more for slalom/stunt braking. their frames are slightly higher above the ground.
hyperiuSupern0va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 03:37 AM   #5
McKool

Default Seba Skates

You mention that you have a pair of Seba Trix 90's. Those skates in the Seba line are known to be a little on the narrow side for fit as can be referenced by doing a little research and talking to several shops. (see Shop-Task.com ask for Brian or the owner Leon Basin... his foot is a 27.0cm, or Locoskates.com too). You haven't mentioned just "which" Seba Skates you are considering, but I wouldn't throw out the Seba High Light which is known to have a wider toe box and I think you would be just right with a EU size 44 in the High Light. The High Lights have more memory foam all around the foot, where the Trix skates only have foam based around the ankle area and none down at the toe. Give the people at these shops a shout and I'll bet they can help you into a very comfortable pair of new Seba's!

Last edited by McKool; May 22nd, 2016 at 07:44 AM.
McKool is offline   Reply With Quote