S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old April 19th, 2016, 10:16 PM   #1
mikenz123

Default Skates too tight? Seba GT 90

I ordered Seba GT 90 and they're turning out to be extremely tight. I expected this but it's been hours and they're still painful and very uncomfortable...These are fitness skates but my feet are hurting like I'm a ballerina

I've worn them in the house for 3-4 hours and my feet still feel under huge pressure and a little painful and numb. When I take them off I have marks mainly on the upper inside part of my feet, which I think means my foot is too wide for them. Toes also feel cramped, I can barely move them

I got my shoe size but strangely it seems not enough.

At this point I'm pretty much convinced I should return them (even though that means waiting another 10-14 days). Thoughts? any chance it could get better?

Last edited by mikenz123; April 19th, 2016 at 11:37 PM.
mikenz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2016, 02:29 AM   #2
larryoracing

Smile I think I would return them.

It just seems if the boots don't fit, you should find some that do. I would ask the mfg what size next to go to or guess yourself.

I know once I bought some ski boots 30 years ago and they never fit or got better.

I bought some steel tip boots 5 years ago and they never got better.

So return the skates and get the size that fits your feet.

You will be forever happy.

Good Luck,

Larry O
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2016, 09:24 AM   #3
mikenz123

Thanks Larry,

You're probably right. I just hate that I have to send them all the way back to Germany (It's a bit funny. I've worn 41 all my life. The one time I don't is the super expensive product I got from 3 countries away)

Will wear them around the house a bit more though, just to be sure.
Old April 20th, 2016, 10:40 AM   #4
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenz123 View Post
Thanks Larry,

You're probably right. I just hate that I have to send them all the way back to Germany (It's a bit funny. I've worn 41 all my life. The one time I don't is the super expensive product I got from 3 countries away)

Will wear them around the house a bit more though, just to be sure.
Life's too short for uncomfortable shoes.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2016, 11:02 AM   #5
mikenz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Life's too short for uncomfortable shoes.
This discussion's going deeper than I expected
Thanks for the thoughts
Old April 20th, 2016, 04:23 PM   #6
Trixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenz123 View Post
This discussion's going deeper than I expected
Thanks for the thoughts
LOL Welcome to SkateLog
Trixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 07:15 AM   #7
larryoracing

Default Were you able to get new skates?

mikenz123

I was just wondering if you sent the skates back in exchange for the next bigger size?

Sincerely,

Larry O
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2016, 05:18 AM   #8
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

If the pressure is on the heel and toe, like you have wedged your foot into something too small and the length is bad. Id say exchange. If they are just making your feet ache and cramp from circumference pressure, youll be ok. The times Ive had new inline skates has felt rather crappy.
Old May 10th, 2016, 04:38 PM   #9
Joey

I believe your issue is one of the top three reasons why inline skating is not more popular: most people never get comfortable in the boots for whatever reason.

Last summer I purchased a pair of Powerslide Hardcore EVO slalom skates that cost nearly $600US. It literally took three months to get reasonably comfortable in them and six months before I could just throw on a pair of socks and skate in them up to 25 miles or about 3 hours. One problem that I made for myself was over-tightening the boot from the start. Now I skate in them so loose you would not believe it but somehow they are as comfortable as bedroom slippers and never cause any issues or injuries. Of course...they are the correct size. No way for me to know that about your skates.

Try wearing a nice pair of well padded acrylic socks (never cotton). I like a brand called "Worlds Softest Socks" in Classic Crew style. Put the sock on and fold down the part around your ankle so it is double or even triple at your skate cuff. No sock should be showing above the skate cuff. So now you have one layer of padding around your foot and two or three layers of padding around your shin/ankle area. Then try skating with your skates as loose as possible. Just pull the laces so there is no slack and tighten the buckles one or two clicks. Still too tight? Maybe the size is incorrect.
Old May 10th, 2016, 10:08 PM   #10
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Whoa, wait a minute . . .

Inline skates are supposed to be comfortable? My speed boots (a full custom pair of Simmons Racing boots) are only slightly comfortable, and I've had them for 10 years. I normally wear coolmax cycling socks like Pearl Izumis or similar when I skate.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote