S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old September 11th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #1
fierocious1

Default inline boots

adapted to quads. You have probably done this before but i was wondering if the mounting 195 or 165 could handle the side loading if adapted to plates. Thinking of using 1/4" front spacer and a thicker on the rear mount. i am using white magnums and they tend to have a low deck height anyway, Thanks for you input Doc.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2015, 12:49 AM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Only ever did 165s. Used a Laser Slider and built special mount bolts. I never had any trouble other than I thought the Verduccis felt too tight in the ankle. The K2s I used were fine.

However I have never sk8ed in beast mode like you do so I cannot accurately predict what will happen @ your Power level.

Old September 12th, 2015, 04:45 PM   #3
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Only ever did 165s. Used a Laser Slider and built special mount bolts. I never had any trouble other than I thought the Verduccis felt too tight in the ankle. The K2s I used were fine.

However I have never sk8ed in beast mode like you do so I cannot accurately predict what will happen @ your Power level.

Well not quite as hard on equipment now. Inlines have slowed my pushes a bit. So a bit of relearning to do to get back in form again. Returning to quads soon and am going to try to install boots that fit me well on my old quad plates. Going to be looking for some of Corey's wheels soon as well. Sold all my old quad wheels so.... and some more mods to be made to the old white magnums as well. Thanks again.
Old September 18th, 2015, 02:38 PM   #4
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Have fun. Selling old wheels to buy Scott's stuff is a wise plan. Eventually, everyone will figure out that the old "Classics" are no longer the top of the heap and they will be much harder to sell off. I still have many OG hot rod wheels, but it is for nostalgia. Very seldom do I roll them any more. Kinda sad, in a way, but life goes on.
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:04 PM   #5
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Have fun. Selling old wheels to buy Scott's stuff is a wise plan. Eventually, everyone will figure out that the old "Classics" are no longer the top of the heap and they will be much harder to sell off. I still have many OG hot rod wheels, but it is for nostalgia. Very seldom do I roll them any more. Kinda sad, in a way, but life goes on.
I borrowed two sets of scotts a while back and the results speak for themselves. No better quad wheels on the planet. The owner told me to abuse them and I did. I saw no wear from the skating and sliding that I did on them. I shipped them back to the owner and was glad I had the opportunity to test them. If I had done the stuff I did while on any other manufacturer's wheels they would have been badly damaged from flat spotting. I will be getting at least two sets. They are awesome! I flat spotted 4 wheels from two sets of anabolix the tire within 5 minutes of getting on the floor each time. Debris is a wheel killer with those wheels but they have awesome grip and roll. 96a is the limit at Champions generally unless the floor is recoated.