S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Hockey and Other Roller Games
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hockey and Other Roller Games Discussions about hockey played on inline skates, quad roller skates, and ice skates. Also includes discussions about other games played on skates such as roller basketball and rollersoccer.

Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM   #1
rhetttro
Owner, Pop's Skateland

Default Woo Hoo Billy Mack!!!!!! Amazing goal tending!

On January 31st 2009, Billy Mack, a senior goalie for Decatur, TX was thrown from a horse and broke his neck. Today, June 22, 2009 he made his triumphant return to Rink Hockey with more passion and some of the best playing I have ever seen.

I met Billy in March. Though he couldn't play, he was always at the rink to coach one of the kids teams. He had a halo around his head with screws in his head to hold it all in place. There were some photos on this site.
http://hardballhockey.blogspot.com/2...tur-skate.html

Today, Billy made his triumphant return to the goal cage. I think his doctor just released him today.

Billy was put in late in a losing effort of Decatur Senior Bronze "B" against the DFW "Quad Squad". I think everybody was looking forward to Billy's return but, none more than him. When he rolled onto the floor, the rink roared with applause. But, it was his play that kept the crowd cheering. On a late breakaway, DFW was charging down the floor with no Decatur defenseman between the 2 DFW players and Billy in the goal. It was going to be two on one against Billy. As the DFW player charged the goal Billy secured his stance and prepared for the shot. When the lead floor man decided to forego the pass and shoot for himself, Billy launched to his left and deflected the shot with blocking hand. However, the ball deflected right back to the second floor man who was prepared for the rebound shot. Billy, on his stomach and already committed the first shot, pulled his feet up in the air and kicked like a bucking bronc and blocked the coming rebound shot. The crowd went crazy! Even as a player on the floor, I couldn’t help but cheer for this amazing feat. In the locker room after the game, Billy wouldn’t take any credit and did what he done has since I met him, and deferred credit to the man up stairs. I also heard a few world team players raving about what a spectacular block it was.

Welcome back Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can only hope that someone got it on video. You just don’t see goal tending like that every day
rhetttro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM   #2
rhetttro
Owner, Pop's Skateland

Default Billy Mack is back, jack!

Bring it!
rhetttro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 01:02 AM   #3
hardballhock

Default Billy Mack deserves the best

Thanks for the awesome post and story I added a link to it at harballhockey.blogspot.com

http://hardballhockey.blogspot.com/2...nto-floor.html

Hardballhock

Last edited by hardballhock; June 25th, 2009 at 02:45 AM.
hardballhock is offline   Reply With Quote