S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:20 PM   #1
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Default Homeopathy

Possible the most natural way to heal what ails you. It requires a little more time to find the right ingredients to match your ailiments. If you worry about all the side effects of the modern medicines this could be the answer you are looking for. This is not something new, although it has talked about as far back as Hipocrites (468-377 BC). It wasn't until Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) recording treatments and James Tyler Kent, continuing Hahnemann's work and created the first Homeopathy repertory (1877-78), which is still used today.

Personally I prefer the natural way to cure and I don't believe modern medicine is the best approach to many of the things that ail us. This is a way to stay away from antibiotics as much as possible, which is better for you in the long run. Something worth checking out if you are looking for a better way to manage your health.
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #2
PBLsQuad450

Homeopathic remedies are also extremely safe. Almost perfectly safe, even for babies, pregnant and nursing women and the elderly. This is true because there is nothing in them. Some of the binders in solid pellets could produce a nearly unheard of reaction but the odds are virtually zero. So use them at will. No side effects, no worries. You will only be lighter your money. And remember, the greater the dilution the more specifically the remedy is targeted for its purpose. That is what the "strength" designations mean on the packages, the greater = more distillations = more specificity. And there is science on this... And it says they are perfectly safe because there is nothing in them. Spirit ingredients, and no I'm not joking, read for yourself.

And DO NOT confuse homeopathy with supplements and the like. That could actually be a dangerous mistake. Many supplements have great value used properly. Because they actually are made of things beyond binders alone they can also effect allergic reactions, medications, and can have interactions with the sun, other supplements etc..

I have a number of people very dear to me who are alive only because of aggressive antibiotic therapies. They are dangerous, I am not arguing, but more people on the planet DON'T have access to them than do... Simple diseases, diarrhea, and broken bones still kill millions every year outside the developed world. Most of them are women and children. And some of these drugs are cheap. You might do some real good by donating the money you would piss away on homeopathic remedies and donate it to Doctors Without Boarders or the like.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:42 PM   #3
skaterdog

Quote:
And it says they are perfectly safe because there is nothing in them. Spirit ingredients, and no I'm not joking, read for yourself.
Good point. And "natural" medicines don't have to be tested or have any proof whatsoever that they work. You just to have the placebo mentality.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:24 PM   #4
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450 View Post
Homeopathic remedies are also extremely safe. Almost perfectly safe, even for babies, pregnant and nursing women and the elderly. This is true because there is nothing in them. Some of the binders in solid pellets could produce a nearly unheard of reaction but the odds are virtually zero. So use them at will. No side effects, no worries. You will only be lighter your money. And remember, the greater the dilution the more specifically the remedy is targeted for its purpose. That is what the "strength" designations mean on the packages, the greater = more distillations = more specificity. And there is science on this... And it says they are perfectly safe because there is nothing in them. Spirit ingredients, and no I'm not joking, read for yourself.

And DO NOT confuse homeopathy with supplements and the like. That could actually be a dangerous mistake. Many supplements have great value used properly. Because they actually are made of things beyond binders alone they can also effect allergic reactions, medications, and can have interactions with the sun, other supplements etc..

I have a number of people very dear to me who are alive only because of aggressive antibiotic therapies. They are dangerous, I am not arguing, but more people on the planet DON'T have access to them than do... Simple diseases, diarrhea, and broken bones still kill millions every year outside the developed world. Most of them are women and children. And some of these drugs are cheap. You might do some real good by donating the money you would piss away on homeopathic remedies and donate it to Doctors Without Boarders or the like.
You are aware that Vaccines are homepathic remedies. Also taking the spirit part seriously is a mistake, that was talked about in the 1800's, at the same time as blood letting. Now I'm not saying switch to homeopathic medicine by any means. Although I don't believe they are placebos they are seriously diluted, which is the way they work.

Personally I have never tried any homeopathic remedies, I'm just way to healthy. I do however believe in the natural healing powers that are in plants. I also don't trust medicines that come with side effects, that's not medicine to me, it's russian roulette!

Each to their own beliefs, I will alway explore the natural way first but then I have authority trust issues. Big ones!
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #5
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline View Post
.. I do however believe in the natural healing powers that are in plants..
You are talking about Naturopathy, not homeopathy. Homeopathy medicines or remedies are also based on metals and minerals.
More to the point, though, homeopathy sounds like a sham, and i am inclined to believe the description describing it as such found in wikipedia:
Quote:
Scientific research has found homeopathic remedies ineffective and their postulated mechanisms of action implausible.[2][3][4][5] The scientific community regards homeopathy as a sham;[6] the American Medical Association considers homeopathy to be quackery,[7][8] and homeopathic remedies have been criticized as unethical.[9]
taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #6
PBLsQuad450

[/I]"You are aware that Vaccines are homepathic remedies"[/I]

No. They are not. This is also not an opinion. That said, I am using the common definition of homeopathy. If you wish to stretch that definition to something very different than maybe... But no. In all reality they are completely different. Vaccines contain "dead" versions of the germs they are vaccinating against in order to prompt an immune response by the body. (to vastly approximate the definition of a vaccine) A durable defense mechanism in many cases. Homeopathic remedies have NOTHING in them. This is also not an opinion. They are diluted to the point that they have NOTHING in them. Which is why they are safe. Use them at will, you are right, they have zero side effects. Zero. And zero effect. It is a distinct problem of spirit ingredients... They don't "work" regardless of what you "believe." It isn't possible for something to "work" that has nothing in it. It is exactly the same as believing that drinking distilled water will make you taller.
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #7
Armadillo

Default BioEnergy versus BioChemistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by online inline View Post
You are talking about Naturopathy, not homeopathy. Homeopathy medicines or remedies are also based on metals and minerals.
More to the point, though, homeopathy sounds like a sham, and i am inclined to believe the description describing it as such found in wikipedia:

taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy
The Queen of England's doctor is a homeopathic medical practitioner. She seems to have done well in the good health department over the years on this regime.

Homeopathy is based on the concept that the body maintains itself in good health primarily based more on the interplay of internal energy patterns than on biochemical patterns, and ill health is a symptom of a breakdown in the coordination and balance of these energy patterns.

Homeopathic remedies are not based much on the presence of material substances in them, but rather based on the "energies imparted" by the source material substances onto the non-harmful "carrier" substance of the remedy (lactose, ore something similar I believe).

The stronger the homeopathic remedy, the less actual source material substance is present in the remedy, but the more potently "amplified" is the energy pattern of that substance transferred onto the carrier and present in the remedy .

Vaccines are NOT an example of homeopathic remedy principles, other than in the idea that tiny amounts of things can trigger the body's internal operations into action. In the case of vaccines, it is small dose quantities of semi-deactivated infectious disease microorganism elements, along with much larger quantities of"adjuvants", which are additive agents that are known to hyper-stimulate the body's immune system response to the presence of the vaccine's triggering foreign biological material.

Modern vaccines manufacturers, in their mad rush to capitalize on the massive profits available when the MSM and hypes medical fearmongering to stampede people into thinking, that without them (new vaccines), they will more likely be getting sick and perhaps even die, have figured out how to reduce the production costs and elevate profits by steadily reducing the amounts of actual active vaccine ingredients (costly to produce), and simultaneously have just been steadily increasing the amount and the potentcy of the vaccine adjuvant mixes being added into their vaccines.

This trend has resulted in the vaccines themselves carrying greater and greater potential for causing nasty side effects, triggered by the extent to which they aggressively over amplify a person's immune response to such a high level of activity that, too often, the immune system can start to mis-identify some of the normal things in the body as being foreign invaders, triggering an auto-immune disease.

Because homeopathic remedies are based mainly energy patterns of substances, not their chemical presence, and so little of the source substances they derive these energies from is present in them, there is nearly zero possibilities of having these kinds of autoimmune side effects from their use.

-Armadillo
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #8
BlackLace
Beautiful Snowflake

Man, this Homeopathy looks fantastic!

What a wonderful avenue for a scam! Just throw some tap water in a little bottle. Slap a label (with obligatory pretty little flowers) on it, and laugh all the way to the bank.

So, you fans. Tell me. Given it's so easy to make a fake homeopathic solution, how can *you* tell which ones are real and which ones are just tap water? Who is quality testing these things?
BlackLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #9
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLace View Post

What a wonderful avenue for a scam! Just throw some tap water in a little bottle. Slap a label (with obligatory pretty little flowers) on it, and laugh all the way to the bank.

So, you fans. Tell me. Given it's so easy to make a fake homeopathic solution, how can *you* tell which ones are real and which ones are just tap water? Who is quality testing these things?
Only buy from the homeopathic pharmacy recommended by your homeopathic physician. Most of these pharmacies have been around for decades or 100+ years.

I suppose you think people are not getting scammed by allopathic medicine, and big pharma? Bogus drugs get approved with less real efficacy than placebos, and side effects appear that are major enough to kill a high percentage of takers. Oh, then we finally get a recall, after HOW HIGH a statistically significant number of guinea pig prescriptions are written by the drug pushing physician puppets of big pharma? -- after how many die or are permanently harmed???

-Armadillo
Old March 24th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #10
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLace View Post

One does not buy it with tap water. One buys the mineral source and dilute it as required. Which makes it impossible for there to be nothing in it. When one realizes that one drop in a glass of water is a major dilution. Some would have it that the one drop of Vitamin D that I take also has no effect. I don't see how the dosage has anything to do with whether or not it works. Some people reject everything they don't understand, but then people say vitamins don't work either and seriously reject any notion that they can be used to cure disease. One thing I have learned, for every positive idea there is a negative responce.
Old March 24th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #11
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Quote:
[/I]"You are aware that Vaccines are homepathic remedies"[/I]

No. They are not. This is also not an opinion. That said, I am using the common definition of homeopathy. If you wish to stretch that definition to something very different than maybe... But no. In all reality they are completely different. Vaccines contain "dead" versions of the germs they are vaccinating against in order to prompt an immune response by the body. (to vastly approximate the definition of a vaccine) A durable defense mechanism in many cases. Homeopathic remedies have NOTHING in them. This is also not an opinion. They are diluted to the point that they have NOTHING in them. Which is why they are safe. Use them at will, you are right, they have zero side effects. Zero. And zero effect. It is a distinct problem of spirit ingredients... They don't "work" regardless of what you "believe." It isn't possible for something to "work" that has nothing in it. It is exactly the same as believing that drinking distilled water will make you taller.
Like cures Like is a homeopathy definition.
Old March 24th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #12
PBLsQuad450

"That said, I am using the common definition of homeopathy. If you wish to stretch that definition to something very different than maybe... "

Yep.
Old March 24th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #13
PBLsQuad450

Please be advised! Only buy your products that don't actually contain anything from reputable sources!!

Nothing I wrote is a belief.

The germ theory of disease is a relatively well established theory. The development of vaccines, antibiotics, and other drugs has saved millions form terrible suffering and death.

"The stronger the homeopathic remedy, the less actual source material substance is present in the remedy, but the more potently "amplified" is the energy pattern of that substance transferred onto the carrier and present in the remedy ." Do you know why, if you read this carefully, it sounds like BS? The more nothing is in it the stronger/more specific it is, as I stated originally...

Big Pharma is not without sin. No misconceptions... But the sins of big Pharma don't turn snake oil into medicine.
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #14
Armadillo

Quote:
Please be advised! Only buy your products that don't actually contain anything from reputable sources!!

Nothing I wrote is a belief.

The germ theory of disease is a relatively well established theory. The development of vaccines, antibiotics, and other drugs has saved millions form terrible suffering and death.

"The stronger the homeopathic remedy, the less actual source material substance is present in the remedy, but the more potently "amplified" is the energy pattern of that substance transferred onto the carrier and present in the remedy ." Do you know why, if you read this carefully, it sounds like BS? The more nothing is in it the stronger/more specific it is, as I stated originally...

Big Pharma is not without sin. No misconceptions... But the sins of big Pharma don't turn snake oil into medicine.
Many concepts sound like BS to naive ears. The universe is so much more than a mere place of just THINGS.

If your homeopathy listening is limited to snake oil, then that is all you can hear. The size of the paradigm you operate in may need to expand somewhat before the possibilities that homeopathy represents can show up in your world.

It is proven that sub-atomic particles somehow interact with each other over great distances at faster-than light speeds. This sounds impossible, but experiments have proven it to be true. If you are sure nothing travels faster than the speed of light, then this would be BS to you, despite its being proven true.

The Queen of England is one of the richest people on the face of the planet, and yet she chooses to have a homeopathic physician.
I wonder who has scammed her into such dumb behavior for all these many decades now?
You are obviously a so much more savvy evaluator of all things that smell of medical scam, such a sad fate will never befall you.

One cubic centimeter of space (vacuum) contains more quantum energy density than the equivalent mass of all the stars in the universe.
Matter is merely another form/pattern of energy. All matter is always spinning/vibrating energetically and is always subject to being influenced by vibrations from other sources. Dark energy is the "more nothing" of the universe that there does happen to be in the universe, and which took mainstream science a while to fully embrace as being something real.

Homeopathic remedies do not resolve all medical situations, like broken arms, or other surgery demanding situations. Even some life threatening infection circumstances might be better handled with IV drugs, but many chronic health matters that are merely symptomatically treated by conventional allopathic medicine, are much more effectively handled by homeopathic treatment, which tends to better address and resolve the true causes of these types of health problems.

-Armadillo
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:08 AM   #15
online inline

this crap is trashing up the place. I fail to see how it has any relevance to the forum in which it appears "Fitness Skating and Training Forum." Same goes for the spatulence thread or whatever hell that bacteria culture is called.
When i need to know what the freakin' queen o england does for health and fitness, i now know where to come.
Thanks, boys!
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #16
Armadillo

Perhaps "other topics" would have been a better location for where this discussion headed, but we cant always predict what direction a particular OP (opening post) might end up leading now can we?

-Armadillo
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #17
Salamanda

The Queen also chooses a good, old fashioned hospital when she's really ill. As demonstrated in the last fortnight.

If the whole "water has memory" thing was true the not only would it "remember" whatever magic ingredient that had been supposedly diluted in it, but also all of the crap that had been filtered through it over millennia. Homeopathy is a giant and dangerous crock of crap.
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #18
crashpants
Boo!

Regarding the queen, that's the 'appealing to authority' fallacy. And anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKaAO2HL4mk

Also, see any of the James Randi materials debunking homeopathy, such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U
Old March 24th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #19
slowsk8

Quote:
this crap is trashing up the place. I fail to see how it has any relevance to the forum in which it appears "Fitness Skating and Training Forum." Same goes for the spatulence thread or whatever hell that bacteria culture is called.
When i need to know what the freakin' queen o england does for health and fitness, i now know where to come.
Thanks, boys!
+1
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #20
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Quote:
Thanks, boys!
Sports medicine and sports nutrition are also in the forum discription. Forums are for discussions about various topics, not just the ones narrow minded people wish to discuss. If you don't wish to expand your mind that is your option, others may not feel the same.

Spirulina, a food source that many may benefit from and it does involve sports nutrition.