S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #41
HK47
Roll Player
 
HK47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere near London
Posts: 4,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline View Post
There is a lot going on in the universe that we do not understand (yet). Like the bubble bee, they still don't know how it manages to fly. Then there is Quantum physics opening new door ways to how we look at things.

It's not like there are no studies being done on alternative medicines. They just can't get published in the top medical journals, because they are funded by big Pharma companies. The studies are out there, studies showing how Niacin in large doses can cure serious depression, Vitamin C has been curing cancer for over thirty years but you never here about it unless you look for it. It is unfortunate but there are powerful people out there making it very difficult to find these things out. They are protecting their money source!
a) We know how the bumble bee flies, that was worked out quite a long time ago.

b) Quantum physics is moving forward, however the principles on which they work were worked out a long time ago.

c) Big Pharma companies do not have a stranglehold on the rest of the world like they do in the US, peer reviewed journals are international; if a journal refused to take a paper it was either because the source could not be verified or because there were obvious flaws in it. Peer reviewed means people try to pull apart the findings, if it can't even get published then it didn't make it past one small group, never mind the international scientific community.

__________________
"You guys better git some HEAD TRANSPLANTS QUICK! " ~ Okie
HK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #42
PBLsQuad450
Senior Member
 
PBLsQuad450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
Your unsubstantiated assertions amount to just a lot of hot air.
Were you, or someone dear to you, one of the many people with serious health issues resolved by homeopathic treatment, you would be singing a different tune.

-Armadillo
Benefitting from a homeopathic intervention is as likely as chance. Some conditions just go away, which is exactly why every ailment or illness doesn't kill every victim, even in parts of the world where quality medical intervention is impossible. Assigning the cause for improved patient outcomes to a specific intervention is the purview of science. Making a prediction, controlling and manipulating variables and assessing changes based on those manipulations is how we learn what works and what is as likely as chance. Otherwise, you will find the rain dance an effective intervention against drought if you do it often enough and eventually it rains.

Science doesn't know everything, but it can tell ingredients with tremendous accuracy. And it has, without any doubt, concluded that homeopathic remedies don't contain anything beyond binders (sucrose usually). This is why they are safe to use without question.
__________________
Bont custom Z, 4x110 magnesium 3 point, Anabolix black ball ceramic bearings, 87A Mayhem wheels
PBLsQuad450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #43
crashpants
Boo!
 
crashpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
Your unsubstantiated assertions amount to just a lot of hot air.
Were you, or someone dear to you, one of the many people with serious health issues resolved by homeopathic treatment, you would be singing a different tune.

-Armadillo
LOL 'assertions' - That is exactly all there is to homeopathy.

And notice how you have to use the word 'resolved' instead of cured.

Homeopathy has never ever in its entire existence cured anything. It's a scam designed to 'resolve' thick wallet syndrome.
__________________
If we irritate a quack at the right frequency, we get a loon.
crashpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #44
slowsk8
Senior Member
 
slowsk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tukwila, just south of Seattle
Posts: 1,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
Your unsubstantiated assertions amount to just a lot of hot air.


-Armadillo
Your unsubstantiated assertions amount to just a lot of hot air.
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #45
Armadillo
Senior Member
 
Armadillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, Near the Lake
Posts: 6,537
Default

Assertion #1 => Patients with chronic health issue not adequately resolved by allopathic medicine more often find resolution with homeopathic treatment.

Evidence=> http://nationalcenterforhomeopathy.o...h-homeopathy-0

http://mitrhomeopathy.com/for%20my%20website1.pdf

Assertion #2 => Homeopathy is a scientific practice of medicine.

Evidence => Check out this huge list of research, much of which has appeared in peer-reviewed medical related journals.

http://www.nationalcenterforhomeopat...icles-research

You guys so easily just shout B.S. about quackery, with absolutely ZERO facts to back up your opinions. Are you all brainwashed or what?

The data is out there to show the effectiveness of Homeopathy.
Once intelligent people evaluate it with an unbiased inquiry, like many conventional M.D.s who come to realize the shortcomings of the allopathic approach for many chronic health issues, they often see it as a better way to resolve chronic health issues for themselves or their patients.

-Armadillo
__________________
Rollin' on AIR
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #46
Armadillo
Senior Member
 
Armadillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, Near the Lake
Posts: 6,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450 View Post
Benefitting from a homeopathic intervention is as likely as chance. Some conditions just go away, which is exactly why every ailment or illness doesn't kill every victim, even in parts of the world where quality medical intervention is impossible. Assigning the cause for improved patient outcomes to a specific intervention is the purview of science. Making a prediction, controlling and manipulating variables and assessing changes based on those manipulations is how we learn what works and what is as likely as chance. Otherwise, you will find the rain dance an effective intervention against drought if you do it often enough and eventually it rains.

Science doesn't know everything, but it can tell ingredients with tremendous accuracy. And it has, without any doubt, concluded that homeopathic remedies don't contain anything beyond binders (sucrose usually). This is why they are safe to use without question.
Many patients with multi-year, long-term chronic health issues find significant relief within a short (3-6 months) period after switching to Homeopathis treatment.

If you do not comprehend the resonating energy basis of how the universe operates, and all the tools in your toolbox are designed to register atoms and molecules, then you will be stuck within a narrow and incomplete paradigm that has no room for homeopathy to make sense. Just because you are stuck in such a paradigm does not invalidate the field of homeopathy, and the results it can and does produce.

-Armadillo
__________________
Rollin' on AIR

Last edited by Armadillo; March 30th, 2013 at 02:24 AM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #47
HK47
Roll Player
 
HK47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere near London
Posts: 4,311
Default

I'll just leave this here ...
__________________
"You guys better git some HEAD TRANSPLANTS QUICK! " ~ Okie
HK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #48
skaterdog
Senior Member
 
skaterdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,401
Default

Armadillo: What is your educational background?
__________________
Brakeless Bozo
skaterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #49
BlackLace
Beautiful Snowflake
 
BlackLace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NZ
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
If you do not comprehend the resonating energy basis of how the universe operates....
Are you referring to Schrödinger's Equation? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger_equation I comprehend that just fine thanks. But I suspect that's not what you're referring to.

Since you claim you comprehend this stuff (wow, aren't you special!). So why don't you enlighten us all us sheeple by writing a tutorial about it, *including all the appropriate maths*. Then connect it with a treatise detailing how the "essence" of something long gone is stored within a solvent (again including the maths). Then explain how this stored essence acts upon cells in the body (again...).

But, I know you can't. Because when push comes to shove, all you've got is a few woo-woo pseudoscientific words like "resonating energy". Which are entirely meaningless because you can't define them in any way that leads to anything testable.
BlackLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #50
slowsk8
Senior Member
 
slowsk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tukwila, just south of Seattle
Posts: 1,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterdog View Post
Armadillo: What is your educational background?
His bio says a lot. (bold by me)

About Armadillo
Biography
Inventor, political agitator/activist
Location
Chicago, Near the Lake
Interests
SciFi,

Occupation
IT - PC networks
Signature
Rollin' on AIR
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #51
Salamanda
Senior Member
 
Salamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsk8 View Post
His bio says a lot. (bold by me)

About Armadillo
Biography
Inventor, political agitator/activist
Location
Chicago, Near the Lake
Interests
SciFi,

Occupation
IT - PC networks
Signature
Rollin' on AIR
C'mon, we're getting a little personal now. Both of those things could just as easily apply to me and I think homeopathy is a load of tosh, but then I do work in the medical science field. Plus my Star Wars cred has you ALL beat when it comes to SciFi nerd-dom Nothing wrong with a lively debate but let's not get mean with it
__________________
"I guess there really is a fine line between gag ball and pacifier".
- Fresh Eddie Fresh 31/10/11-
Salamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #52
PBLsQuad450
Senior Member
 
PBLsQuad450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK47 View Post
Yes! And some of this is included in the U Col link I posted... Consider this logic applied to engineering? Try getting an airbag to deploy or a Patriot Missle to hit another missile in mid air using this standard of evidence? Bridges would collapse before they were even erected... Why is it ridiculous to use science on engineering and not on human health? And those idiots are worried about atoms and molecules!! Haha! Fools!

People with long term chronic health issues are NOT getting better from an intervention that doesn't contain anything. It is impossible, quite literally. Problem X is fixed by intervention 0. Comic books are better than this.

That said I DO NOT comprehend the resonating energy basis for how the universe operates. I am, again, just coming out from my cave. And I am a social worker, not a physicist. Or some kind of expert that does understand how the universe operates and it's resonating energy... What profession is that anyway? The resonating energy profession? Oh, homeopath... Pleas pardon my incompleteness.
__________________
Bont custom Z, 4x110 magnesium 3 point, Anabolix black ball ceramic bearings, 87A Mayhem wheels
PBLsQuad450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #53
Armadillo
Senior Member
 
Armadillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, Near the Lake
Posts: 6,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450 View Post
Yes! And some of this is included in the U Col link I posted... Consider this logic applied to engineering? Try getting an airbag to deploy or a Patriot Missle to hit another missile in mid air using this standard of evidence? Bridges would collapse before they were even erected... Why is it ridiculous to use science on engineering and not on human health? And those idiots are worried about atoms and molecules!! Haha! Fools!

People with long term chronic health issues are NOT getting better from an intervention that doesn't contain anything. It is impossible, quite literally. Problem X is fixed by intervention 0. Comic books are better than this.

That said I DO NOT comprehend the resonating energy basis for how the universe operates. I am, again, just coming out from my cave. And I am a social worker, not a physicist. Or some kind of expert that does understand how the universe operates and it's resonating energy... What profession is that anyway? The resonating energy profession? Oh, homeopath... Pleas pardon my incompleteness.
Dr. Clive Baxter proved that plants reacted to negative threatening THOUGHTS. He wired them to a lie detector and recorded their readings. When he held the thought of burning them they reacted.
No material, chemical, or other contact with them happened, but they registered sharp readings at the exact time he initiated the the threatening thoughts.

Of course, in your world this is also impossible. Perhaps you need to check out the REAL world.

BTW, recent Scientific studies show that there are measurable amounts of NANO-scale homeopathic substances in even the most highly diluted potentcies of homeopathic remedies. So, your concerns are unfounded.
In addition, things taken down to the nano size scale tend to be much more highly bioreactive -- as for example nano-silver, which is near 100% deadly to all microorginisms - bacteria, viruses & fungi, including all strains of super resistant bacteria.

The Albert Einstein Inst. invented a device to send a mild electric current of specific frequency through a persons flowing blood stream, and then demonstrated that this would kill 99.9+% of all HIV viruses in the blood. So, living systems can be dramatically impacted by both energy patterns and minute amounts of nano scale substances.

-Armadillo
__________________
Rollin' on AIR

Last edited by Armadillo; March 30th, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #54
HK47
Roll Player
 
HK47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere near London
Posts: 4,311
Default

ok. At this point I'm pretty sure 'dillo is just trolling hard.
__________________
"You guys better git some HEAD TRANSPLANTS QUICK! " ~ Okie
HK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #55
skaterdog
Senior Member
 
skaterdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK47 View Post
ok. At this point I'm pretty sure 'dillo is just trolling hard.
Yep. And he won't answer a simple question about his educational background.
__________________
Brakeless Bozo
skaterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #56
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman
 
Foot2big's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 7,428
Default

Personal attacks are 3rd grade material.

Why is it when someone posts an alternative method of, well damn near anything that goes against the "grain", some of you guys want to persecute them and attempt to bring them down to some level? (not saying what the level is, but....)

I agree, this should be in the off topic forum. Admins might do us a favor by moving this thread over there.

My personal take? Big Pharma is operated for profit.
One I'm very familiar with is Androgel. I'm in the process of getting off that stuff, because if I'm going to f' up my liver, I'd prefer to do it with drink.

My physician 3 years ago took my vitals (150 over 105 and 85hr) and exclaimed in a very doctorial tone: We must get you on a beta blocker stat!
Nothing else. My dad had problems with stuff, so I decided to go a different route. I stopped eating the Big Agriculture diet. Got back to skating HARD every day. Within a year I dropped 87 lbs, and my blood pressure is a nice happy 112 over 69 with a 46resting heart rate. Never took a single pill.

My bro in law's mother was being treated for liver cancer, and lung cancer. The formal FDA method had run its course and she was given 6 months. She decided to hell with it, threw all the meds in the toilet and quit radiation/chemo and basically went home to die. My mother, a huge alternative med fan, ordered her some Essiac Tea. She followed the direction that came with it. That was 16 years ago. 10 years ago the doctors declared that a "miracle" had occurred and that she was completely cancer free. When I met the woman she had no hair and could barely get out of her chair. She is alive and well, and kicking my sisters ass daily!

You may believe, or not believe. But why don't you keep your negative comments to yourself, and open your mind a bit. The mind you save, just might be your own.

My little brother started the Essiac Tea a week ago. He's also on Graviola. Ever heard of that? You might read up on the big pharma "conspiracy" involved with that. He's also loading up on turmeric and resveratrol.

I pray and cry daily that this will help his Stage 3 colo/rectal cancer. They're monitoring the progress with ultra sound and taking measurements. He is a double degree Architect/Architect Engineer. He's done his homework.

Some of us cling dearly to ANYTHING that might work.

And some of us pray a lot.
__________________
An early-morning skate is a blessing for the whole day.
Henry David Foot2big Thoreau
Foot2big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #57
HK47
Roll Player
 
HK47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere near London
Posts: 4,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2big View Post
You may believe, or not believe. But why don't you keep your negative comments to yourself, and open your mind a bit.

...

Some of us cling dearly to ANYTHING that might work.

And some of us pray a lot.
Because the ability to scientifically prove or disprove something does not require belief, however touting a belief as fact is fraudulent and is used to squeeze money out of people when they're vulnerable.

Clinging to anything that might work and praying is a poor substitute for determination, humility, and faith.
__________________
"You guys better git some HEAD TRANSPLANTS QUICK! " ~ Okie
HK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #58
BlackLace
Beautiful Snowflake
 
BlackLace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NZ
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2big View Post
My little brother started the Essiac Tea a week ago. He's also on Graviola. Ever heard of that? You might read up on the big pharma "conspiracy" involved with that. He's also loading up on turmeric and resveratrol.
You will notice that none of these are homeopathic.

These are all real substances with at least a sort-of-plausible mode of action.

Their efficacy (or lack thereof) proves NOTHING about homeopathy.
BlackLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #59
BlackLace
Beautiful Snowflake
 
BlackLace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NZ
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK47 View Post
Clinging to anything that might work and praying is a poor substitute for determination, humility, and faith.
And determination, humility, and faith are themselves poor substitutes for actual understanding of the actual problem.
BlackLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #60
HK47
Roll Player
 
HK47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere near London
Posts: 4,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLace View Post
And determination, humility, and faith are themselves poor substitutes for actual understanding of the actual problem.
One can understand something but still be uncertain of a potential outcome. Sometimes you need to be able to have hope despite understanding.
__________________
"You guys better git some HEAD TRANSPLANTS QUICK! " ~ Okie
HK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.