S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #81
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK47 View Post
Don't forget I'm also for gun control

Conventional medicine now cures about 70% of cancer, and as research continues, that figure improves. Do you think that would be attainable if they didn't know what they were doing?
Survival from cancer only means the individual lived five years after treatment. So once again the medical profession is playing with numbers to make us think things are going great. The actual survival rate is far lower than we are lead to believe.
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #82
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterdog View Post
What is your academic background? Have you studied medicine? What is the basis of your medical theories?
You keep asking this and I fail to see how it matters. One does not need a teach to be able to read a book. I've been to university and I am not empressed, most are there because mum and dad can afford it. Not because there children are smart, so if you think the cream of the crop is in control of things you sir need some real education. The best do not always make it to the top. It's the same in sports, I've seen many talented players leave the game because of the politics of sports and how the rich manipulate their children into top positions. Life is not fair and people do not play fair. Real eyes, realize, real lies!
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #83
HK47
Roll Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline View Post
Survival from cancer only means the individual lived five years after treatment. So once again the medical profession is playing with numbers to make us think things are going great. The actual survival rate is far lower than we are lead to believe.
How long would you like them to choose?

Quote:
You keep asking this and I fail to see how it matters. One does not need a teach to be able to read a book. I've been to university and I am not empressed, most are there because mum and dad can afford it. Not because there children are smart, so if you think the cream of the crop is in control of things you sir need some real education. The best do not always make it to the top. It's the same in sports, I've seen many talented players leave the game because of the politics of sports and how the rich manipulate their children into top positions. Life is not fair and people do not play fair. Real eyes, realize, real lies!
Being able to read a book and pass a degree isn't the same as being able to critically evaluate a scientific paper.
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #84
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK47 View Post
How long would you like them to choose?

How about until they die and then record the cause of death. You know, be honest, were they cured for life or just a few years. Saying they were cured when they died from the disease is misinformation, right next to a friggin lie.

Being able to read a book and pass a degree isn't the same as being able to critically evaluate a scientific paper.
The point is still what does having an education have to do with being smart. Absolutely nothing! So again what is the point of asking someone what their educational background is other than an attempt to put someone down. Most people fofget 70% of what they learned within three years. Education is the continuous search for knowledge not a piece of paper some a$$hole sold someone.

Institutional education is just making people think in one direction. There are many different schools of thought out there with each one saying their line of thought is the correct one. Same as religions and politics. Schools are a great place to teach the basics like reading, writing and arithmatic. They can not teach you to be smart, you either are or you are not.

I met lots of individuals at university that could pass tests with flying colors but couldn't carry on an indepth coversation on a given topic. They are great at remembering but totally suck at application.
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #85
HK47
Roll Player

Remission over 5 years is very very improbable, so if someone does subsequently die of cancer it's immensely unlikely to be the same instance of cancer that originally occurred.

As for what education proves, in a scientific field at a high level, it means they understand the difference between good and bad research, and how think critically about everything. Getting a dissertation in a scientific field is not based on taking a test, but on processing and interpreting evidence; to get a PhD you actually have to conduct your own research and contribute to the world's base of scientific knowledge.

Science isn't about being taught a specific viewpoint, but pushing out in new directions ... that's why cancer cures are always being expanded upon (some promising results this last week involved gene therapy, for instance)
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #86
skaterdog

Quote:
An education doesn't matter? Would you trust the skills of a doctor who went to a legitimate medical school.....or would you rather just have someone too lazy to do all that and just looked up stuff on the internet?

I'm not saying Dillo is too lazy to earn a degree....I'm guessing he has several...I would just take medical advice more seriously from someone who actually devoted a good part of their life to studying it, rather than someone who just likes to look stuff up on the internet.

So, Dillo, what is your academic background? You don't seem like a lazy guy to me even though streamline seems to think you are.
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #87
crashpants
Boo!

LOL

ISWYDT
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #88
BlackLace
Beautiful Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
How do conventional oncologists treat cancer?
Chemo, radiation, or surgery -- or combinations of them.

Do they use nutrition and herbs to boost the immune system and detox the body so it can heal itself?

Do they tell us our body needs to kill the cancer, and we need to do as much as we can to trigger the immune system into maximum action?
Chemo works by activating the immune system:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0404122048.htm

And can you please stop conflating nutrition and herbs (which have components that *exist*) with homeopathy (which is literally *nothing*).
BlackLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #89
PBLsQuad450

Quote:
Depending on your desired length of time as a definition of long term, the answer is ultimately 0.