S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #21
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!
 
chuckboucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Central, MA
Posts: 2,801
Default

yep, I couldn't hold off any longer. I have a 6 year old Specialized MTB, but here's my baby:
__________________
Inline: Simmons Full Custom(2) | LSR Vanquish 4x110mm/EO 3x125mm | TLTF/MPC/Atom | NMB
Outdoor Quad: Bont Carbon Hybrid | Snyder Advantage | Atom Road Hog | Bones Swiss
Indoor Quad: Reidell 911 | Roll-Line Mistral | Corey Super Enforcers | Bones Swiss
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #22
Barracuda
Senior Member
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
that is totally sweet... I was never much of a motorhead, but my brother was when we were younger. He had several '68 Chargers. The first one was an RT. I've always preferred mopars as a result. Nice car, dude, thanks for sharing.
thanks, just got done riding it for a couple hours.
Cool.

Was that you that I was talking to at your meet about the Mohican race?
Barracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #23
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

yep, that was me. Not looking too likely at this point for me.

Yo Chucky B, WTF, baby? you gots to post a bicycle pic FIRST!

Go unearth your mtn bike, do whatevah you gots to do to make it look like you rode it in the last two yeahs and den clickety click already. Alright?
THEN, you're entitled to post your crotch rocket...
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:12 AM   #24
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

chuck, seriously, sweeeeeeeeet. Is that from now, like this year?
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #25
cehowardrc51
Senior Member
 
cehowardrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
The mountain bike:


The 'cross bike (set up for road):


The road bike:


Couldn't resist posting these. I'll likely be selling them soon.
1978 CR250R: I've had this bike since 1981
It's been one of the true loves of my life.
(check out the yellow sign on the wall/from A2A)


1990 CR500: one of the baddest ass dirtbikes, ever.
60hp on a 225lb machine... 'nuff said.
damymn.........
cehowardrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:55 AM   #26
cehowardrc51
Senior Member
 
cehowardrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 248
Default

Roughly around 30 years old, a Raleigh Competition Model, one of the last ones made in England. Still rides tight.



New peice here, brand new 2007 GSX R1000, as daily driver. Replaces my F150 as daily driver, and the F150 demoted to just being a tow vehicle, and bad weather vehicle.

I haven't been on the streets on a motorcycle in 2 years, all racing. Got to get use to the non-drivers and my perception of speed.

This thing is fast, gawd awful fast.

cehowardrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:57 AM   #27
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!
 
chuckboucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Central, MA
Posts: 2,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
chuck, seriously, sweeeeeeeeet. Is that from now, like this year?
That pic was snapped last October, just before I put her up on the stands for the cold season.

She's 11 years old and runs and looks like the day it was driven off the lot.
__________________
Inline: Simmons Full Custom(2) | LSR Vanquish 4x110mm/EO 3x125mm | TLTF/MPC/Atom | NMB
Outdoor Quad: Bont Carbon Hybrid | Snyder Advantage | Atom Road Hog | Bones Swiss
Indoor Quad: Reidell 911 | Roll-Line Mistral | Corey Super Enforcers | Bones Swiss
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #28
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

OMFG! I forgot the townie:


1968 Triumph 500 Twin: This was the first motorcycle that I ever even knew. My dad got it when I was 5 or 6 ('70 or '71). It had gold fuzz on the tank and side panels with ape hanger bars. It's the first motorcycle I ever rode when I was just about to turn 10. All of these machines have been in storage for the last five years. Both of the Hondas fired up before I left the storage bin, but this one had to have fresh gas before it would light. I spent several hours cleaning it up today. It needs some work and it will always look like a heap to most, but it is part of my family in more ways than one. After I got it running and rode it around the block a few times, I put the straight pipes on it. (first time they'd ever been on it since it's been in the family, yeah baby) Check out the oil leaks , hey, it's a Triumph



speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 02:33 AM   #29
cehowardrc51
Senior Member
 
cehowardrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
OMFG! I forgot the townie:


1968 Triumph 500 Twin: This was the first motorcycle that I ever even knew. My dad got it when I was 5 or 6 ('70 or '71). It had gold fuzz on the tank and side panels with ape hanger bars. It's the first motorcycle I ever rode when I was just about to turn 10. All of these machines have been in storage for the last five years. Both of the Hondas fired up before I left the storage bin, but this one had to have fresh gas before it would light. I spent several hours cleaning it up today. It needs some work and it will always look like a heap to most, but it is part of my family in more ways than one. After I got it running and rode it around the block a few times, I put the straight pipes on it. (first time they'd ever been on it since it's been in the family, yeah baby) Check out the oil leaks , hey, it's a Triumph



Cool, that's not the one they called the "Bonneville" is it?
cehowardrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 02:43 AM   #30
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Coleman, damn brother. That is one beautiful machine. I really like the pic of the two bikes strapped in the trailer. At the moment I am at a loss to describe the excitement that I sense when I see motorcycles strapped down, ready to go. As a youngster I had my first appreciation for the phrase poetry in motion as I tore up the woods on that CR250. I got that bike when I was 16. (27 years ago). I'll never forget driving home with it in the back of my dad's pick up. I couldn't stop looking at it. When I see motorcycles strapped down like that it means that something...is about to happen.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #31
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrc51 View Post
Cool, that's not the one they called the "Bonneville" is it?
I don't think so. I think the Bonneville was a 750 or something.

The bike shown has been ridden off road in the desert in the early '70s. We used to live in L.A. in the early '60s and my dad had another one that he rode back then. He got this one ... just because.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #32
cehowardrc51
Senior Member
 
cehowardrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Coleman, damn brother. That is one beautiful machine. I really like the pic of the two bikes strapped in the trailer. At the moment I am at a loss to describe the excitement that I sense when I see motorcycles strapped down, ready to go. As a youngster I had my first appreciation for the phrase poetry in motion as I tore up the woods on that CR250. I got that bike when I was 16. (27 years ago). I'll never forget driving home with it in the back of my dad's pick up. I couldn't stop looking at it. When I see motorcycles strapped down like that it means that something...is about to happen.
The one on the left was my commuter (2001 GSX R1000) and the one on the right was my beginner race bike (2003 RC51) I sold the gixxer with 52,000 miles on it, and the RC51, I totaled it at the racetrack, behind going fast with street tires. Now, I have a full racebike, and my new commuter the K7. Will post of pic of my racebikes strapped down ready for action!! Coming this May 3rd & 4th. Going to attempt some racing with no practice this year!!

The 750 was the Bonneville, cool.
cehowardrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #33
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Scanning through the posts and seeing it onscreen made me say, "screw it!I'm goin' for a ride!" Nevermind that the plate expired 11 years ago! Hasta la vista, baby!
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #34
BleeckerSt_Girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Scanning through the posts and seeing it onscreen made me say, "screw it!I'm goin' for a ride!" Nevermind that the plate expired 11 years ago! Hasta la vista, baby!
What a naughty boy!
  Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #35
ncsk8rgirl
Discovered SEDS on 1/1/08
 
ncsk8rgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 4,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Scanning through the posts and seeing it onscreen made me say, "screw it!I'm goin' for a ride!" Nevermind that the plate expired 11 years ago! Hasta la vista, baby!

ride it like you stole it!
__________________
WOO HOO! GRAFIK IS GONNA SK8!!!
ncsk8rgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 09:43 PM   #36
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Just got back! Naughty is as, naughty does! So I was gonna just go around the block and next thing I know I'm halfway to glessner's house. All a sudden the dang thing starts missin' and cuttin' out and I'm like great and I look down and one of the plug wires has come undone and is just sort of hangin' there! Woo Hoo! Easy fix! Burned my leg on the pipe and I think I need to get the following items: tag, mirrors, turn signals, functioning brake light and a helmet that goes better with the bike. The red and white full face mx helmet is not quite fitting the idiom of the Triumph.

I have to say that I did ride it like I stole it! (I felt like an outlaw at least!) That trip was illegal on so many levels! The sweetest part is the bike has settled back into it's old familiar throaty idle. It sounded weezy yesterday. The real outlaw part will be when I tell my dad, "gimme, the damn title already, dad. I've taken care of this bike for 15 years. It's mine, now."
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 12:44 AM   #37
okie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,728
Thumbs up Bike pics,Only thing more fun than skatin

.1 1979 Maico 450cc German made moto cross,bought it new and still race it vintage MX.
.2 Present desert off road ride. Suzuki Dr 350,

.3 The year 1965, 1965 Truimph 500cc. Raced it july 1967 against the europeans Saddle Back Park. They had stuff we only saw in the magzines. Huskys,CZ'S,Greeves,Ossa's and others.

.4 The year first year of big yamaha off road dirt bikes,1968,me in the red suit at the start of 500 mile desert enduro. Look no knobbys for the front in those days.

5 the year 1961 the bike Harley K model 1956 flathead 750,I rode it in Rodeo's around the barrel racing course to try to beat the girls on there horses. Never did. Horse stomps its feet 2 times its full speed. Spectators had no mercy on me. More beer please!!!!

.6 1982 Maico 490cc,I am jumping over 300 feet. Seemed like a long way in 1982?

.7 1974 on a Honda 125,Barstow to Las Vegas desert race. I glued wigs on my helmet so pit crew could find me. came in 16th













I have 6 at presnt and biilding one now. Kinda what I do when I aint skating or eatin?

Okie in Muskogee
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #38
cehowardrc51
Senior Member
 
cehowardrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Just got back! Naughty is as, naughty does! So I was gonna just go around the block and next thing I know I'm halfway to glessner's house. All a sudden the dang thing starts missin' and cuttin' out and I'm like great and I look down and one of the plug wires has come undone and is just sort of hangin' there! Woo Hoo! Easy fix! Burned my leg on the pipe and I think I need to get the following items: tag, mirrors, turn signals, functioning brake light and a helmet that goes better with the bike. The red and white full face mx helmet is not quite fitting the idiom of the Triumph.

I have to say that I did ride it like I stole it! (I felt like an outlaw at least!) That trip was illegal on so many levels! The sweetest part is the bike has settled back into it's old familiar throaty idle. It sounded weezy yesterday. The real outlaw part will be when I tell my dad, "gimme, the damn title already, dad. I've taken care of this bike for 15 years. It's mine, now."
Sheesh, tell me life ain't dam sweet!!!

Okay, you got that one off, next time out, work on getting it legal, and protective gear too..

Sheesh, I want to hear the stories of the mountian rides, the cool rides through the city with the young ladies eyein ya!!
cehowardrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #39
cehowardrc51
Senior Member
 
cehowardrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
.1 1979 Maico 450cc German made moto cross,bought it new and still race it vintage MX.
.2 Present desert off road ride. Suzuki Dr 350,

.3 The year 1965, 1965 Truimph 500cc. Raced it july 1967 against the europeans Saddle Back Park. They had stuff we only saw in the magzines. Huskys,CZ'S,Greeves,Ossa's and others.

.4 The year first year of big yamaha off road dirt bikes,1968,me in the red suit at the start of 500 mile desert enduro. Look no knobbys for the front in those days.

5 the year 1961 the bike Harley K model 1956 flathead 750,I rode it in Rodeo's around the barrel racing course to try to beat the girls on there horses. Never did. Horse stomps its feet 2 times its full speed. Spectators had no mercy on me. More beer please!!!!

.6 1982 Maico 490cc,I am jumping over 300 feet. Seemed like a long way in 1982?

.7 1974 on a Honda 125,Barstow to Las Vegas desert race. I glued wigs on my helmet so pit crew could find me. came in 16th













I have 6 at presnt and biilding one now. Kinda what I do when I aint skating or eatin?

Okie in Muskogee
Okie, I don't even ride dirt, but just looking at those pictures gave me a blast!!

The bikes are awesome, and the one with you flying through the air, reveals that you are a accomplished dirt biker, no doubt about it. I have noticed that roadracers that come from over from dirt, got a keen sense of road feel and excel way faster that road only racers.

Great stuff.

Some kind of way, we motorbike peeps have hijacked dis thread, just want to say, IT WASN'T ME!!
cehowardrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #40
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Coleman, hey man we had our bicycles in our posts, we're clean! I got an XR250R that I'm trying to get back together so y'all might end up seeing a tricycle or something, but there will be a bicycle of some sort in my post, dammit!!
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.