S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #61
amohrfeld

After some more thought, I think your skates felt different than mine for two reasons: 1. You use less pre-compression then I do. 2. You probably have a steeper axis of rotation. I might be at a DA 43-45. Where you might be at 47-48. We don't really know since there is no good way to measure this.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #62
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohrfeld View Post
After some more thought, I think your skates felt different than mine for two reasons: 1. You use less pre-compression then I do. 2. You probably have a steeper axis of rotation. I might be at a DA 43-45. Where you might be at 47-48. We don't really know since there is no good way to measure this.
That little bit of caster change means a lot. My trucks usually are closer than stock DA45s(usually perfectly at right angles to the KP) to the plate which slows the steering down. I shimmed 2 times Sunday and they are close to where I like them but some cushion combinations are going to have to dealt with too. After the shimming was done, they are almost exactly where they were when I started skating yesterday with my old setup(same caster). And as I said before, I will be doing some clearancing around the cushion pocket and axle. But no damage at all yesterday to the cushions!
Measuring the caster is tough because cushions on a DA45 allow caster to change. Right now my skates are turning great, but have too much kickback at strokes end. So last night and today I ordered some more cushions to play with. Cushions make huge changes, more than most give them credit for. It can make so much difference that a person could hate their skates for years not knowing a few changes can make them loved.....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote