S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM   #81
The Rebel
Taking it back old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Viv View Post
Thanks.

I see the clips on the back of the wheels. Part of me wants to take everything apart and clean the bearings and restore the wheel unit and part of me says that I should just put new bearings in.

Since I'm a vintage type of lady, I just hope that the bearings are worth cleaning.

Any suggestions/ideas?????

And, yes. The wheels still have plenty of grip to them.
Here's a whole thread dedicated to cleaning bearings. Go to town. It's always good to bring back the old stuff if you can.

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25902
Old February 27th, 2014, 05:27 AM   #82
Hunter4593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnjax View Post
Hi all. I had a pair of Reidell skates back in the early 80's and they came with these wheels that I believe were called White Lightings?? They were white, very small in diameter, hard as can be and super wide. They had metal "deep dish" hubs.
Has any one seen wheels like these?
Scott
I had a set of those. Also had a set of Red Devils. Same wheel, but in red.
Hunter4593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:16 PM   #83
TRUMPY

Can you pull the tires off of these original Hugger hubs? Since I see the clips on the back, I'm guessing you can. I see people pulling fan jet tires but I'm not seeing these apart. Yet.
Thanks
TRUMPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:33 PM   #84
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

The fanjets with the clip in the back, yes the hub can be removed. The older hubs also fit the new faster wheels, and Scott's wheels. Some hubs require a small thin shim. I just did this with a set of faster wheels. If you have a good set of old fanjets, I wouldn't remove the hub if it is still tight. I have one set of vanbedas tires that don't fit tight on the hubs. I used those hubs on the new faster wheels. Haven't rolled them yet tho.

Last edited by oldspeedskater67; February 20th, 2015 at 07:14 PM.
oldspeedskater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 01:36 PM   #85
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUMPY View Post
Can you pull the tires off of these original Hugger hubs? Since I see the clips on the back, I'm guessing you can. I see people pulling fan jet tires but I'm not seeing these apart. Yet.
Thanks
Yes, the hub can be removed from the Hugger. It removes the same way the Fanjet does. Only thing is there's no replacement tires for the Hugger, only offerings from Faster and Scotts and those are for the Fanjet. And Scotts takes it yet another couple of steps with the Super Enforcer tire which will not fit the FJ hub, it's another animal all together. Scott also has tires for Primo Deano hubs too.

But anyways, back to the Hugger. I wish there was an offering for new tires for that hub, that was/is one crazy cool looking wheel IMO.