S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old December 6th, 2018, 01:11 PM   #1
fierocious1

Default tell it!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...70459319649340
Old December 6th, 2018, 02:23 PM   #2
ursle
Street Skater

Tell what?

Only "idiots" have Facebook Accounts, and of the two on this forum...........
The other one is "banned" for racism.

This is as intelligent as posting photos "pretended" to be hosted by this forum, which, BTW, doesn't host photos, no one can see them, but, somehow, these two Facebook members do it over and over, which, BTW, defines the definition of "Insane" perfectly.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 06:58 PM   #3
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
Tell what?

This is as intelligent as posting photos "pretended" to be hosted by this forum, which, BTW, doesn't host photos, no one can see them, but, somehow, these two Facebook members do it over and over, which, BTW, defines the definition of "Insane" perfectly.
LOTS of people have facebook accounts. Nothing about having an account makes one an idiot. Your bigoted views are showing.
Old December 6th, 2018, 08:45 PM   #4
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
LOTS of people have facebook accounts. Nothing about having an account makes one an idiot. Your bigoted views are showing.
Seeing some people write is like watching a dog chew off his own leg.
Miserable in its' pain, but savage in its' continued attacks.
Old December 7th, 2018, 01:20 AM   #5
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
Tell what?

Barack Obama has a facebook page: http://fortune.com/2015/11/09/barack-obama-facebook/

Skatelog forum has a facebook page.

You have facebook rage.
Old December 7th, 2018, 01:58 AM   #6
ursle
Street Skater

Using facebook commercially is one thing.

Using facebook personally is another.

Explaining common sense to those incapable of understanding facts, but use fiction to mock and discredit anyone that actually is logically factually correct....is always funny.

Facebook is a game of fools.

Defending facebook is funny.

Believing face book is funny.

Soon, facebook will be a religion, nay, facebook is a religion.

Faith.....lies and deceit, just facebook.

Ha, did you give facebook your tithe of 10% today, like a good facebooker?

Facebook brought us Trump, and let Putin into everyday conversation, and only for facebooks cut, 10 % of the morality that those facebook serves, ha.
Old December 7th, 2018, 02:05 AM   #7
quantoo

Default i dont like facebook myself

i would not call all facebookers idiots either.
i have one as a necessity ,as my fave mx track requires you to have one to receive updates.
People travel up to 1300 klms only to realise the track is closed for some un foreseeable reason.But had they looked at the mx tracks facebook page they would have seen the notification.
i believe there is an ulterior motive behind facebook as i stated before they locked me outo f my account until i provided a photo of myself.Who wants to victimise an innocent curious internet user is my question?
Who is behind this identification conspiracy.Am i being setup?Why aren"t we allowed to freely observe conspiracy theory's?
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2018, 02:11 AM   #8
quantoo

Default for once i kind of agree reluctantly with you on this but

minimum.
Old December 7th, 2018, 02:15 AM   #9
quantoo

Default for once i kind of agree reluctantly with you on this but

Quote:

Explaining common sense to those incapable of understanding facts, but use fiction to mock and discredit anyone that actually is logically factually correct....is always funny.

Facebook brought us Trump, and let Putin into everyday conversation, and only for facebooks cut, 10 % of the morality that those facebook serves, ha.
Im not saying anyone else is wrong, nor is anyone an idiot for finding joy in fake fame.
Human nature wants us to feel important, popular ,respected etc.
Yeah some folk get all hung up on how hot they look in their facebook photos and like to show of their travels to the world.
If it helps with lowering depression i say enjoy!
If i opened right up to facebook i would be getting a visit from some undesirables from the past.so i do bare minimum.some folks like to see big sh1t fights and violence amongst other groups when it doesn't effect them.I can do without self defence if avoidable.
Smooth wins is a saying used in dirt bike riding and this applies to life pretty well also.
i really want to disable the i cloud also as i feel its intrusive.
Old December 7th, 2018, 04:44 AM   #10
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Default You got problems sir.

Quote:

If one uses it commercially, and no one uses it personally, that defeats the purposes... you really don't think things through

So.... anyone using it for personal time is a fool... a very accessible platform, easy to keep in touch, easy to moderate, easy

YES, common sense is slipping for you Mike, going on about how a business should be ok to use Facebook, but users shouldn't because they are idiots if they do.

Some behave foolishly, some do not.

What's funny to me is seeing a cratchity old man piss and moan about something he cannot understand or use.

Those that believe anything they read or see on Facebook would do so no matter what platform it was. That's a fact.

Are you off your meds buddy?

You're totally right! Facebook made Trump win...., and the Russians too right?..., >.> He won because even though the country wanted Bernie, they weren't going to be forced to elect Hillary. All that prep work of putting the Bernie Sanders supporters against the Donald Trump supporters still couldn't get Hillary elected when the DNC foolishly screwed Sanders out of his win.

The American people saw through this bullcrap, and elected Trump as a counter.

I bet you think it's Trump' s fault that GM shut down plants too.
Old December 7th, 2018, 06:00 PM   #11
ursle
Street Skater

Ha, go Trom.

Defending the indefensible.

FB is for pre-teens, I understand your lust.

Trump gave GM a 20% break on taxes, and GM is laying off 15,000 people and closing three plants in the US, Trump is the chump that got played.

The fact that GM is preparing for the financial downturn that Trump is creating is why GM is still in business, they understand how to avoid economic downturns, I realize that you will never understand how or why Trump is exactly the opposite of a buisnessman, and why you don't understand how Facebook is underwhelming, at best, Not my problem.

PS...I opened a facebook account when facebook first appeared, I closed it before Trump started manipulating personal information via Russia, of course someone in denial of the whole Russia thing will naturally be in denial of all things negative concerning facebook.
Old December 8th, 2018, 03:01 AM   #12
quantoo

Default your always labelling somebody to try and get the win

[QUOTE=ursle;735179]

FB is for pre-teens, I understand your lust.

do you now?,and hows that you understand it?
does it take 1 to know 1
Old December 8th, 2018, 03:46 AM   #13
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
Im not saying anyone else is wrong, nor is anyone an idiot for finding joy in fake fame.
Human nature wants us to feel important, popular ,respected etc.
Yeah some folk get all hung up on how hot they look in their facebook photos and like to show of their travels to the world.
If it helps with lowering depression i say enjoy!
If i opened right up to facebook i would be getting a visit from some undesirables from the past.so i do bare minimum.some folks like to see big sh1t fights and violence amongst other groups when it doesn't effect them.I can do without self defence if avoidable.
Smooth wins is a saying used in dirt bike riding and this applies to life pretty well also.
i really want to disable the i cloud also as i feel its intrusive.
I agree. Some people enjoy more attention and validation than others, and if Facebook fills some mental need they have, well God bless. Facebook can help people stay connected too. When my son was in Afghanistan, Facebook was mainly our method of communication. I dropped it shortly after he came stateside.

If I haven't been in contact with someone for over 30 years, well there might be a reason for that and I found I didn't really give a rip about when some old classmates birthday was. Or what their grandkids or pets looked like. I don't want to brag or bitch about my life on there, nor do I care to hear how wonderful or awful theirs is. Going through FB posts was a daily chores for awhile, one I really didn't enjoy for the most part, so I decided to delete my profile. Especially after a creepy ex pulled pictures (of me) and used them as his own FB background. I don't miss not being on FB but you enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with it in my book.
Dec8rSk8r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2018, 03:55 AM   #14
quantoo

Default facebook also over steps the mark sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
I agree. Some people enjoy more attention and validation than others, and if Facebook fills some mental need they have, well God bless. Facebook can help people stay connected too. When my son was in Afghanistan, Facebook was mainly our method of communication. I dropped it shortly after he came stateside.

If I haven't been in contact with someone for over 30 years, well there might be a reason for that and I found I didn't really give a rip about when some old classmates birthday was. Or what their grandkids or pets looked like. I don't want to brag or bitch about my life on there, nor do I care to hear how wonderful or awful theirs is. Going through FB posts was a daily chores for awhile, one I really didn't enjoy for the most part, so I decided to delete my profile. Especially after a creepy ex pulled pictures (of me) and used them as his own FB background. I don't miss not being on FB but you enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with it in my book.
who knows who's surveying it ?
im thinkin of starting an opposistion verson of it for those that dont wanna be connected to people they may know.lol
being opposite i think i should name it ass magazine instead of face book
or has that been name already been taken?
oops i think i just over stepped the mark
Old December 8th, 2018, 04:01 AM   #15
bjvircks
Major Trouble

"NEED" more validation from facebook/tweets/other sources.

I signed up with FB when son had stroke when he was 21 (11 years ago) to keep in touch with his support community.

Today just use FB to sometimes support my SEDS problem (inline speed only).
Old December 8th, 2018, 04:11 AM   #16
quantoo

Default thats way too young to have a stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
"NEED" more validation from facebook/tweets/other sources.

I signed up with FB when son had stroke when he was 21 (11 years ago) to keep in touch with his support community.

Today just use FB to sometimes support my SEDS problem (inline speed only).
life can be cruel.
hope its all ok
we all take health for granted ,we never know whats around the next corner
Old December 8th, 2018, 04:54 AM   #17
bjvircks
Major Trouble

thx. He was affected in the least 'personal' place... the pre-motor cortex. Stroke left all of who he was intact (reason, emotion, humor, empathy, etc). The hemorrhagic stroke was result of Arterio Venous Malformation (AVM)... a knot of blood vessels in the brain. He interned with U.S. Airforce (a plum placement) and a nuclear power generation plant (his specialty), graduated with honors in Engineering.

Interesting point... 3 months before his stroke he was hang gliding with me in SoCal. If had happened while flying he would have certainly not survived. Now we have a very happy granddaughter!

EDIT: photo within the landmark Mission Inn, Riverside Ca. I lived nearby. Shrine to St Francis, patron saint of birds and bird-men. Lindberg, Yeagar, Glen, Armstrong. They stood there. I stood there. Joe stood there.
Old December 8th, 2018, 05:17 AM   #18
quantoo

Default in the moment whilst riding in the high country victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
thx. He was affected in the least 'personal' place... the pre-motor cortex. Stroke left all of who he was intact (reason, emotion, humor, empathy, etc). The hemorrhagic stroke was result of Arterio Venous Malformation (AVM)... a knot of blood vessels in the brain. He interned with U.S. Airforce (a plum placement) and a nuclear power generation plant (his specialty), graduated with honors in Engineering.

Interesting point... 3 months before his stroke he was hang gliding with me in SoCal. If had happened while flying he would have certainly not survived. Now we have a very happy granddaughter!
we came across this young man early 20s that had a stroke when he was 19.
he lost almost all use of is left hand side.
All i could say in that moment its so unlucky you had that happen but so lucky you survived it.he was up there hunting with his mates,still getting away from it all.living life to the fullest.
Good to hear your sons doin ok.
my son just got an internship in insurance,i dont see him much hes hardly ever home as hes also a chinese chef believe it or not.
Old December 8th, 2018, 07:02 AM   #19
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post

I have a few nice conservative friends I met on FB. Also have some cousins on there. Nice to interact with them. Here again, my latest suspension is over, and I haven't been back. I get on, they make money. I don't feel like doing any good for them. I get my current conservative news tidbits off twitter.
Old December 8th, 2018, 02:58 PM   #20
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
I have a few nice conservative friends I met on FB. Also have some cousins on there. Nice to interact with them. Here again, my latest suspension is over, and I haven't been back. I get on, they make money. I don't feel like doing any good for them. I get my current conservative news tidbits off twitter.
Conservative meaning, no science, no facts.
But bring on the Religion and lies, got it.

Latest suspension from Facebook.......
For racial remarks, or was that one for misogynistic remarks?

You get your FACTS about "lies and anti scientific ideals" from Twitter?
Meaning, Trump, ha ha ha ha ha.

Twitter...Facebook is more factual than Twitter and Facebook is a joke.

Trump, that guy that committed Two Felonies during the Election Primaries, and investigations are ongoing, there will be more Felony charges forthcoming, Trump will be appearing in Court as President to defend himself against several Felony Charges, that Trump? ha ha ha ha ha.