S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old May 27th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #1
Bill

Default Inline wheels????

there is a nice assortment of quad wheels but the inline selection is very lacking. Hyper makes some great indoor inline race wheels. I'm thinking that a wheel manufacture could make assorted sizes and hardness. that could give inlinefigure skating a muchneeded boost. I'll confess my inline skating is recreational with a few months of indoor racing. but I have also helped one skater look for wheels finally found some 72mm88a wheels shewanted a harder wheel but88a worked. to fully promote inline wheels should be up to whatever the skater likes not whatever wheel you can find that fits.I know it is a very small market, but it's not rocket science. I'm sure a good solution is possiable.

Last edited by Bill; May 27th, 2009 at 07:37 PM.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #2
Bill

Surprised there is no interest in inline art wheels I'm planning on making some 103A62mm wheels out of some bones eliteQuad wheels. will need to setup a fixture and figure out how to machine the wheels.probably fly cut them on a bridgeport. A friends daughter is skating on one of the smallersized snow white frames that has 64mm wheels. he wanted to try 100A wheels. I found some 94A wheels but they are 67mm. they might work. I think better then the 64A wheels they are using now. best wheel might be if hyper made the right size wheel using their hardest speed wheel compound. the smallest indoor speed wheel I have are 76mm and they are softer then the 80mm hyperoctane wheels that are popular. A 1" wide 62mm bones elite might work,I'll try fly cutting a wheel on a mill. or turning one on a lathe. to make them narrow enough to fit an inkline frame.

I'm sorprised Roll Line hasn't stepped up with a frame or wheel. hacjing $990 wheels just to hopefuly get a wheel isn't the best approach, but might be the only way to get the desired setup. I'll need to contact some old speed buds and try to score some old indoor speed wheels they might work as stock for art wheels if they can be made to correct size. if they are old and worn the pricewill be right.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Arthur Lee

It's not just the durometer to consider only when you try to find the suitable inline wheel for art inline skating. I manufacture SnowWhite frames and have concluded the factors that affect art inline skating performance. See the link below:

http://www.inlinefigure.com/Inline_d...nd_profile.jpg

Wheel size is not an issue here, it is subject to the frame length which relates to the match of skater's boot size.

Currently SnowWhite is supplying 86A 64/68/72mm SpeedMax wheels and we have received many positive feedback from worldwide SnowWhtie skaters. The hardness will be up lifted to 89A without any sacrifice on the rebound in soon.

During 2008 worlds, we offered a brand new 'Synergy' wheel - 72mm only at this moment - which is specially designed for elite skaters for their competition. ERIC TRAONOUEZ says it's a fantastic wheels. We are working on the web page to give introduction of this new wheel.

http://www.inlinefigure.com/guestbook/index.php

Arthur
Arthur Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:10 PM   #4
picskate

Default Spinners

Harmony Sports has recently introduced the 'Spinner' multi-pour wheel. This is a real breakthrough in wheel design and technology. The 68 mm wheel has 2 layers.

The inner softer layre provides unheard of rebound, like the air in a tire.

The best of both worlds. The 'Spinners' size, 68mm, provides an eaiser angle to achieve a spin position while the tough hard outer layre provides for the quickness and speed required for the most demanding routine.

The outer hard layre is formed into an ulta-trim profile which makes this wheel slimer, quicker, and more responsive than any wheel we have tested.

Phyllis McKinsey, winner of the first Inline skate open in Chicago, is on a P-73 Pic frame with 'Spinner' wheels. Her video is on youtube go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwReWdDzD-E. Phyllis 1.

The wheel is displayed at www.picskate.com.

John

Last edited by picskate; October 29th, 2009 at 06:46 PM.
picskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #5
skatenz468

I just recently started skating on synergy wheels and found they were fantastic - I was on speedmax before that but they are just a little too sticky sometimes for spinning - but you dont notice this until you change wheels or get to a different surface floor. They also split a lot, not as bad as the wheels I first had on my inline plates when i got them - like skating in mud. eugh. gets your fitness up tho! Like running dragging a set of car tyres behind you

The synergy wheels are faster, have a nice wide base that makes spinning and jump landings easier, but still have a little bit of bounce in them. I would recommend them to anyone who needed a new set - and I think any new wheels made should have a similar makeup

Just my personal opinion
skatenz468 is offline   Reply With Quote