S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old December 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #1
The General
Ninja Skater

Default 105 mm wheels

Sorry if this is old news but I've been considering trying something between a 100mm and a 110mm wheel. In case anyone's interested, I found Matter 105mm wheels at Skates.com.
Old December 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #2
gem
Keep dem wheels moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Sorry if this is old news but I've been considering trying something between a 100mm and a 110mm wheel. In case anyone's interested, I found Matter 105mm wheels at Skates.com.
Yup, them 105mm's are finally hitting the market, Let us know if get them and how are they?
gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Danger Racing

105mm have been out since Worlds and a bunch of people switched at worlds to 105mm.
Danger Racing was the first to offer Matter 105mm wheels at the Duluth Marathon and they to have a great showing.

Contact us if you need more info on 105mm wheels.

Thanks
Danger
Danger Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #4
The General
Ninja Skater

Hey, Danger, can you match Skates.com $12.50 price? Your site says $14.50 for the 105mm wheel but I bought from them at $12.50.
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #5
Danger Racing

Yes I can match that price.

I am at our rink now so I cant change the site until I get home, but the reason our price was so high was because it included the shipping charge. Now We are charging a flat fee of $10.00 for shipping on all overs under $150.00

Please email me and I will take care of you.

Thanks
Danger
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #6
The General
Ninja Skater

Thanks, man!! If the site is going to be updated in the next couple days, I can wait until next week to put in an order. Otherwise, I'll e-mail you what I'd like.

Thanks again,

Don Patton
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:00 PM   #7
ncspeed
trouble maker :)

Danger-racing is the store to go to for all your skating needs, and if you find something cheaper just email him I am sure you will not find better one on one customer service any where else, and you will not talk to some one that swears that 100mm wheels is just a fad and 84's are still the way to go.
ncspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:18 AM   #8
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncspeed View Post
Danger-racing is the store to go to for all your skating needs, and if you find something cheaper just email him I am sure you will not find better one on one customer service any where else, and you will not talk to some one that swears that 100mm wheels is just a fad and 84's are still the way to go.
Dude, when you slam one retailer, and unabashedly praise another, why don't you have the common decency to disclose that you race for the guy, okay? Is that asking too much?

Imagine my surprise when on another thread on this messageboard, you finish your post with the following signature:
Quote:
John Boy
pinnacleracing.com
danger-racing.com
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 07:59 AM   #9
eighteen_psi
Big Van Vaypor

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by online inline View Post
Dude, when you slam one retailer, and unabashedly praise another, why don't you have the common decency to disclose that you race for the guy, okay? Is that asking too much?
eighteen_psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM   #10
JimmyB
Pinnacle Footwear Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by online inline View Post

Imagine my surprise when on another thread on this messageboard, you finish your post with the following signature:
Online,

He dosent race for Danger, or Pinnacle.. he just believes in the two companys.
JimmyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:36 PM   #11
ncspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyB View Post
Online,

He dosent race for Danger, or Pinnacle.. he just believes in the two companys.

Thanks Jimmy. But I didnt bash any one in this thread my comment was towards a poster asking danger about price matching. Yes I made a comment on a simmons thread nor did I bash Simmons I have met Dave and his Wife and both are very nice people, but I was not the only person on there that talked about a product I belive in, there was another person to.

And trust me I wish I did skate for these two guys,cause you will not find any one with more class and honesty then these two guys, which both I can say are good freinds of mine, and that is the only affiliation I have with danger and pinnacle.

"anonymous said Sorry, but my outfit would not look right with neon green wheels. "
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM   #12
The General
Ninja Skater

Online,

The only thing that bothered me was that ncspeed called Danger Racing "the store to go to for all your skating needs." Although I'm sure Danger Racing is a great shop, I wouldn't discount other skate shops that provide equal customer support - to name a few:
> Asphalt Beach
> Adam's Inline
> Simmons Racing
> Pinnacle
> Luigino
> Bont/Glenn Koshi

Sure, you'll find one or two (or a handful of) people who had bad experiences with any one of these - and probably with Danger Racing, as well. It's the nature of the business that not everyone is going to be satisfied all the time. I had a bad experience with custom Bonts that I'll never get to use - spent a good chunk of money to find that out. But I still support Bont & Glen Koshi as one of the better places to go for "all your skating needs" because I know a lot of people who have shopped Bont and all have had nothing but great experiences to tell me about.

But to say that one shop is "the store to go to . . ." is to discount other shops that support this industry and do a very good job of it, as well.

Just my 2 cents . . .
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM   #13
ncspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Online,

The only thing that bothered me was that ncspeed called Danger Racing "the store to go to for all your skating needs." Although I'm sure Danger Racing is a great shop, I wouldn't discount other skate shops that provide equal customer support - to name a few:
> Asphalt Beach
> Adam's Inline
> Simmons Racing
> Pinnacle
> Luigino
> Bont/Glenn Koshi

Sure, you'll find one or two (or a handful of) people who had bad experiences with any one of these - and probably with Danger Racing, as well. It's the nature of the business that not everyone is going to be satisfied all the time. I had a bad experience with custom Bonts that I'll never get to use - spent a good chunk of money to find that out. But I still support Bont & Glen Koshi as one of the better places to go for "all your skating needs" because I know a lot of people who have shopped Bont and all have had nothing but great experiences to tell me about.

But to say that one shop is "the store to go to . . ." is to discount other shops that support this industry and do a very good job of it, as well.

Just my 2 cents . . .
Well Danger sells and supports most skate companies that you have above luigino,pinnacle,bont,hyper etc, but I can not say anything bad about nettracing, or others, I have purchased from nett before, and got my stuff quick. But since I support danger I am going to say he is your one stop store,just as if some one that supported back street or nett racing I would expect them to say the same thing.

But back to topic,get some 105's from whom ever you choose to buy from and let us know how you like them.

"anonymous said Sorry, but my outfit would not look right with neon green wheels. "
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:39 PM   #14
Danger Racing

Guys,
First and Formost, he does not work nor skate for me. In fact I started talking with this person when another shop did him bad and I mad up fro that shop. Since then he has support us alot, and we thank give from that. The best advertisment if word of mouth in my eyes, and I can honestly say I can only think of 1 person who didnt get the service they expected(no Names Jimmy).

All those above shops are creditable MFG, and 2 shops. Those 2 shops run a great business. We have talked with Adamn a few times on products at Duluth and Indoor Nationals. We each are trying to help the sport in our own ways, however I dont like the shops who do nothing for the sport but cheapen product and collect money and dont give back.

Our new little saying is "All Skating, All the Time" This came from a friend of mine who I was out with having some Drinks . My phone rang like 3 times and it was the Rink I run so I had to take the calls. Then I started to get some emails on my cell phone from customers wanting to order or have Questions, and this doesnt incluse the normal AOL/YIM/MSN Message that come to my phone. This was at about 11:30 12:00 at night. Long story short I guess, we are hear for our customers, and any skater to get ahold of. We respond to emails when we see them. We have AIM,YIM,MSN the goes direct to my phone so if I am at the rink, at home, or out and about you can get ahold of someone(unless I am with a Customer).

and ONE MORE Thing. We support all MFGS that have quality products that we can stand behind and that they stand behind as well. We support MFG equally(or try to). We have worked with a few of them on side projects. I was the official POWERSLIDE/Matter Deal for 2 major meets. I have help Jimmy with some new stuff. Have been talking with Bont on a few things as well as helping bring back the Bullet Frames. This is a Small sport people, we all need to be friend and get along. Dave and Jimmy hang out and talk, Ty and George exchange ideas etc. If the sports going to grow we need to all have FUN and skate....

Support the shops that support the sport. The people who give back to the sport are the people who love it and want to see it grow. Look for cool new things coming to Danger/CCN Sport soon. We hope to have a great 2009 with each and every one of you.

THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the rant....

DANGER

PS We do our best to stay in the middel on these things, I dont talk bad publicly about products or other shops. We do have our views but we tend to think people will figure it out all on their own...
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:34 PM   #15
The General
Ninja Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Racing View Post
Support the shops that support the sport.
Well said. And the word "shops" is plural. That's all I was trying to say.

Thanks,

Don Patton
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:45 PM   #16
Danger Racing

Don,
I would love for you all to support me, and me only, but there are a slim few that try to help the sport.

Danger donates money for prizes, gave a lot of money to Jr World team, Sponsors skaters/ races.

I wish we could do more... We have big plans for 2009 and with the support of skaters like your self we hope to really help out.

What you all think of the new look on the site?

Danger
Old January 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM   #17
The General
Ninja Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Racing View Post
What you all think of the new look on the site?

Very nice . . . easy to navigate