S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old March 10th, 2015, 06:19 PM   #1461
okcskater
Still rollin' @ 57

Thought I would get in on this stuff. Here are my 35+ year old speed skates, and my current ride.

Yeah! Got the pic with out the link.

Last edited by okcskater; March 10th, 2015 at 10:16 PM. Reason: trying to attach image!
okcskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 04:29 AM   #1462
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcskater View Post
Thought I would get in on this stuff. Here are my 35+ year old speed skates, and my current ride.

Yeah! Got the pic with out the link.

I had a pair of those boots at one time too. I looked the other day at my dads house, and could only find one skate.
Old March 16th, 2015, 03:45 PM   #1463
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

New frames and borrowed 110mm wheels. After 8 years of resistance, I have finally joined the 110mm movement. Damn, these things are fast!

chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #1464
okcskater
Still rollin' @ 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyeddie View Post
Etnies limited edition Mid Skate shoes (I have wide feet).
Marathon plates. I know, not up to most standards here, but I love them outdoors.
Velocity Race Wheels 65mm.
Zero wheel nuts.
I like the look. May have to work something up similar for myself for out doors.
okcskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 06:16 PM   #1465
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

And with a new set of WRW Purple wheels:

chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 06:06 PM   #1466
bolivia

My latest build for my son's school fundraiser. Super comfy and smoooooth!

Old May 3rd, 2015, 03:25 PM   #1467
QuadDare

Default Skates quad

QuadDare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2015, 03:50 PM   #1468
QuadDare

[IMG][/IMG]
Old May 3rd, 2015, 03:58 PM   #1469
QuadDare

Old May 3rd, 2015, 03:58 PM   #1470
QuadDare

Old May 3rd, 2015, 03:59 PM   #1471
QuadDare

Old May 3rd, 2015, 06:33 PM   #1472
Nellie

Really nice skates, QuadDare!
Nellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:33 PM   #1473
QuadDare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
Really nice skates, QuadDare!
Thanks Nellie,

I maked for differents practices and to satisfy my passion
Old June 19th, 2016, 09:18 AM   #1474
HeBeGB

Default Skatefort

HeBeGB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 09:19 AM   #1475
HeBeGB

Default Try that again

Skatefort
HeBeGB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 10:41 PM   #1476
esef

Current skates. Rollerblade Quantum L from 1998. I removed the ABT brake. I started to add laces to the lining. Just punched some holes with a screwdriver. Makes for a better fit. That black webbing keeps the laces from ripping through the liner. Wheels are 72mm; probably in the 60s (50s?) after all this time. I moved the least-worn wheel to the back. The ABEC-3 bearings have never been serviced or replaced; theyre kinda noisy/ crunchy. 9mph on flat terrain is an effort to maintain, and I'm in good shape, youngish, 23 bmi (mostly distributed in my lower body).
esef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 01:46 AM   #1477
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeBeGB View Post

Skatefort

Nice.....I do that with Boens..lol
Old June 21st, 2016, 09:05 AM   #1478
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by esef View Post
Current skates. Rollerblade Quantum L from 1998. I removed the ABT brake. I started to add laces to the lining. Just punched some holes with a screwdriver. Makes for a better fit. That black webbing keeps the laces from ripping through the liner. Wheels are 72mm; probably in the 60s (50s?) after all this time. I moved the least-worn wheel to the back. The ABEC-3 bearings have never been serviced or replaced; theyre kinda noisy/ crunchy. 9mph on flat terrain is an effort to maintain, and I'm in good shape, youngish, 23 bmi (mostly distributed in my lower body).
Those wheels, bleh. Get some good outdoor hockey wheels probably can fit 76mm wheels in them, possibly 80s. Somewhere on the frame there is usually a "mqx wheel size" though its not always accurate. My rollerblade E pros say 80mm, but ive put 84mm wheels in them before.

The bearings are probably not the reason 9 mph is hard to maintain. Lol just put a couple drops of motor oil in them bearings. Wipe off excess. Skate, repeat when wheels need rotated. Keep them oiled and clean and theyll be jist fine for years.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 07:44 PM   #1479
esef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Those wheels, bleh. Get some good outdoor hockey wheels probably can fit 76mm wheels in them, possibly 80s. Somewhere on the frame there is usually a "mqx wheel size" though its not always accurate. My rollerblade E pros say 80mm, but ive put 84mm wheels in them before.

The bearings are probably not the reason 9 mph is hard to maintain. Lol just put a couple drops of motor oil in them bearings. Wipe off excess. Skate, repeat when wheels need rotated. Keep them oiled and clean and theyll be jist fine for years.
I can fit 76mm wheels. An 8-pack is $40 from K2. They come with 6 or 8mm axels (not sure what I have). I'm deciding between new wheels or new skates (with bigger wheels). Weighing against buying new wheels: the current skates are too big for me. I shoved a plastic bag in the toe box to prevent foot slippage. Also added laces. And not sure about that plastic-y frame: it's awfully close to some of the wheels. Wondering if I'm getting wheel rub. But, $40 is several times cheaper than new skates.
esef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 12:42 PM   #1480
TimeZone3

Quote:
Originally Posted by esef View Post
I can fit 76mm wheels. An 8-pack is $40 from K2. They come with 6 or 8mm axels (not sure what I have). I'm deciding between new wheels or new skates (with bigger wheels). Weighing against buying new wheels: the current skates are too big for me. I shoved a plastic bag in the toe box to prevent foot slippage. Also added laces. And not sure about that plastic-y frame: it's awfully close to some of the wheels. Wondering if I'm getting wheel rub. But, $40 is several times cheaper than new skates.
esef, I obviously don't know your financial situation, but if new skates aren't too much of a stretch for you, I think you'd really enjoy 1) having skates that fit better, and 2) a modern skate. When I moved from a circa 90s plastic frame skate to a modern aluminium, laterally adjustable frame, it was like night and day. So much more stable and responsive. (Not to mention, fast!) And you get new wheels along with the new skates!

TZ
TimeZone3 is offline   Reply With Quote