S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old April 30th, 2019, 09:30 PM   #1
fastsk8

Default Best indoor speed quad wheels on the market new

Iím finding it will take month to get turbo s wheels so Iím shopping around. Any suggestions? Anabolix seems to be shut down.
fastsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 10:43 PM   #2
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsk8 View Post
I’m finding it will take month to get turbo s wheels so I’m shopping around. Any suggestions? Anabolix seems to be shut down.
Shamans or Canibals. And for racing wear them down to about 30% tread to cut foot print down to almost nothing, run the hardest wheel that will grip the floor.
Old May 1st, 2019, 05:20 PM   #3
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

The quality of shamans isnt there anymore. Their wheels have a pigment for the whites, they arent natural at all, they shear back horribly fast and arent worth their money.

I'm sure someone out there can get you any set of turbos you want within reasonable time. Get on the group Skate Addiction on FB several good sellers on there have stock of wheels or access to virtually anything you'd want.

What is your weight, what plate and boot?
Old May 1st, 2019, 06:07 PM   #4
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
The quality of shamans isnt there anymore. Their wheels have a pigment for the whites, they arent natural at all, they shear back horribly fast and arent worth their money.

I'm sure someone out there can get you any set of turbos you want within reasonable time. Get on the group Skate Addiction on FB several good sellers on there have stock of wheels or access to virtually anything you'd want.

What is your weight, what plate and boot?
Shamans work well on the floors I skate and have great tread life, better than most skate wheels I have ran in the past, with the exception of Scotts.
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:59 PM   #5
Aerocat

Iíve had Anabolix wheels recommended to me multiple times, but they canít keep their products in stock. Been checking their website weekly for weeks.
Aerocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:56 AM   #6
1M_E

you did ask for the BEST wheels, which are Scott's! not average wheels, not ok wheels or 2nd or 10th best - The BEST. I noticed the post dates and 3 weeks have now gone by, a DHL or FEDEX delivery form OZ usually only takes 4-6 days. So these could have been run in and ready to race on by now.
1M_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 06:42 AM   #7
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M_E View Post
you did ask for the BEST wheels, which are Scott's! not average wheels, not ok wheels or 2nd or 10th best - The BEST. I noticed the post dates and 3 weeks have now gone by, a DHL or FEDEX delivery form OZ usually only takes 4-6 days. So these could have been run in and ready to race on by now.
If he has any available. Lots of work for bont , and hes got the kiddo and wifey too , so they come first

Most people are waiting very few people are getting wheels ordered and shipped quickly.

I've had good success in a timely dashing because I am not at all picky on colors or duros, I've worked with Scott to order wheels that fit well into his schedule. This makes things far easier for me to get what I want.
Old May 20th, 2019, 07:38 AM   #8
zebra1922

And going back to the original post I'd say a month to wait isn't really all that long in the big scheme of things. You'll be using these wheels for a while, and you probably have perfectly good wheels right now so be a wee bit patient and just wait (assuming these are still the ones you want following the advice given of course).
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 12:53 AM   #9
1M_E

Quote:
If he has any available. Lots of work for bont , and hes got the kiddo and wifey too , so they come first

Most people are waiting very few people are getting wheels ordered and shipped quickly.

I've had good success in a timely dashing because I am not at all picky on colors or duros, I've worked with Scott to order wheels that fit well into his schedule. This makes things far easier for me to get what I want.
i went to my local rink last night for hockey training and they had 6 sets in stock.
Old May 21st, 2019, 01:09 AM   #10
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
i went to my local rink last night for hockey training and they had 6 sets in stock.
What wheels did they have 6 sets of? If Scott's which ones?
Old May 22nd, 2019, 01:33 AM   #11
1M_E

Quote:
What wheels did they have 6 sets of? If Scott's which ones?
trying to remember exactly but from memory 1 set of 60mm black enforcers, 1 set of white enforcer 59mm mids, 1 set of flouro green enforcer 60mm. 2 sets of phantoms, 1 in purple and can't remember the last one as it was in the back of the cabinet.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 02:53 AM   #12
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
trying to remember exactly but from memory 1 set of 60mm black enforcers, 1 set of white enforcer 59mm mids, 1 set of flouro green enforcer 60mm. 2 sets of phantoms, 1 in purple and can't remember the last one as it was in the back of the cabinet.
Nice,

But...
Australia right? Heh, I only know of 2 places someone can readily get Scott's wheels by talking to someone here in the states. And on occasion, they may not have any, or at least any they'll let go of
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:45 AM   #13
1M_E

Quote:
Nice,

But...
Australia right? Heh, I only know of 2 places someone can readily get Scott's wheels by talking to someone here in the states. And on occasion, they may not have any, or at least any they'll let go of
yep OZ. But the enforcers are sub $200 aud which is ~$137 usd and fedex want around $25 for 4-5day delivery from memory.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:09 AM   #14
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
yep OZ. But the enforcers are sub $200 aud which is ~$137 usd and fedex want around $25 for 4-5day delivery from memory.
Let me know what they got.

Hardnesses, color, size, maybe someone around the states wants a set
Old May 22nd, 2019, 09:27 PM   #15
HeBeGB

I will be there Saturday night. Will try to remember and get photos.
Old May 26th, 2019, 07:39 PM   #16
HeBeGB

There are a set of white enforcers 92a 62x40mm, and a set of black narrow enforcers 92a 60x38mm. Each set is $185AUD
Old May 28th, 2019, 09:20 PM   #17
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeBeGB View Post
There are a set of white enforcers 92a 62x40mm, and a set of black narrow enforcers 92a 60x38mm. Each set is $185AUD
Thanks, I'll ask around.
Old May 29th, 2019, 03:32 PM   #18
AZSHOT

Do you have anything that is about 96A? I use orange cannibals and Labeda Stilettos, both about that hard.
AZSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 04:55 AM   #19
PRFunky

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anabolix-Fa...s/264343414354
PRFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 05:53 AM   #20
HeBeGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSHOT View Post
Do you have anything that is about 96A? I use orange cannibals and Labeda Stilettos, both about that hard.
Who are you directing this to?