S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old August 14th, 2019, 09:45 PM   #1
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Default National Game of Chicken

The big issue Washington had with Trump was, drain the swamp. Most recently, Elijah Cummings. As billions goes to his district, he goes from in debt to millionare. Sex scandals, and Treason. The Ohr 302 releases show the full Obama administration is guilty of treason. Steele was a liar who hated Trump and was paid by Hilary for dirt.

WOW, that's a big deal. Why didn't you post on it? We've had hints, and bits and pieces, now we have complete proof of info passing from the bottom up to Obama and back down. But who cares? Who cares if they don't DO something about it. Epstein just died in custody. I laugh as those 2 guards are put on leave. What do you bet they end up dead.

ursle is over there crying recession is coming, recession is coming after ONE drop in the market. Watch as all the Dems now talk about is the Economy.
One drop does not mean anything. Interest rates were just lowered, fundamentals are good. It seems like a cheap stunt. Can Trump foes make this happen. Sure. Can they sustain it? Not likely. Does Trump know this. Yep. That is a shot across the bow. It is saying, we can make you look bad with the economy. Don't reveal the sex offenders, don't prosecute the traitors.

The Dems have to attack the Economy. They are about to receive a mortal blow. A blow that will end the party. There will certainly be more killings by the Dems.
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:50 AM   #2
zebra1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Interest rates were just lowered, fundamentals are good.
I have no real opinion whether there will be a recession in the US or not, I do not know enough about the state your economy, but this single statement tells me roofie has absolutely no idea.

Interest rates are used as a lever, mainly to control inflation but also economic activity. In times of boom, inflation rises, and interest rates rise to take money out of the economy to reduce demand and reduce inflation.

Rates are reduced when there are concerns about the growth or low inflation, the latter being a sign of low demand. There is a clear link between rate movements and economic strength, and lowering rates is not a good sign. If you do not understand this basic fundamental of interest rates you have nothing reliable to say about the state of the economy.
zebra1922 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2019, 12:27 PM   #3
ursle
Street Skater

If you were stupid enough to be tricked by a six times bankrupted fraud into voting him into the white house then you're far to simple to understand the various ways that the economy is failing.

The one Trillion Tax fraud is not trickling down it's sitting in the bank accounts of the 1%er's who are nervous about what Trump might do next.

Got that, big money is off the table because Trump is not capable of a single sound decision.

It's not the one day drop it's the overall lack of policy, the reversal of that policy then it's reversal again then it happens again, it's the utter chaos.

Weaponizing immigration isn't making anybody but the Racist's smile.

Immigrants contributed 350 Billion to the economy in TAXES last year, we make a profit off the illegal immigrants.

The immigrants pay more taxes then Trump and his band of fraudsters.

Don't worry as the catastrophic events occur, I'll let the easily fooled know the disastrous results.
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:15 PM   #4
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra1922 View Post
I have no real opinion whether there will be a recession in the US or not, I do not know enough about the state your economy, but this single statement tells me roofie has absolutely no idea.

Interest rates are used as a lever, mainly to control inflation but also economic activity. In times of boom, inflation rises, and interest rates rise to take money out of the economy to reduce demand and reduce inflation.

Rates are reduced when there are concerns about the growth or low inflation, the latter being a sign of low demand. There is a clear link between rate movements and economic strength, and lowering rates is not a good sign. If you do not understand this basic fundamental of interest rates you have nothing reliable to say about the state of the economy.
You are basically correct in all of this. You cite a lowering of rates as a sign of trouble. That too MIGHT be correct, under certain circumstances. What you did not take into account were the numerous rate HIKES that had taken place as the Trump economy was heating up. This recent lowering was more of a easing up on the reigns. Several rates hikes were used to slow the growth. While some complained, most knew that that was a good thing. Too fast growth is not a good thing.
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:32 PM   #5
zebra1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
You are basically correct in all of this. You cite a lowering of rates as a sign of trouble. That too MIGHT be correct, under certain circumstances. What you did not take into account were the numerous rate HIKES that had taken place as the Trump economy was heating up. This recent lowering was more of a easing up on the reigns. Several rates hikes were used to slow the growth. While some complained, most knew that that was a good thing. Too fast growth is not a good thing.
Yet again I am amazed to find something we mostly agree on. I was aware of the rate rises to keep growth to reasonable levels and avoid the dreaded boom/bust cycle. I disagree that this rate cut is just an easing of the reigns, keeping the riding metaphor I see it as an attempt to spur because the economy appears to be in danger of recession (although as I already posted this is one time when my opinion is not based on deep knowledge as I only really know about the US economy from what I read in the Economist, a reliable source but only one source and I am very wary of relying in limited information in making judgements).
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:52 PM   #6
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra1922 View Post
Yet again I am amazed to find something we mostly agree on. I was aware of the rate rises to keep growth to reasonable levels and avoid the dreaded boom/bust cycle. I disagree that this rate cut is just an easing of the reigns, keeping the riding metaphor I see it as an attempt to spur because the economy appears to be in danger of recession (although as I already posted this is one time when my opinion is not based on deep knowledge as I only really know about the US economy from what I read in the Economist, a reliable source but only one source and I am very wary of relying in limited information in making judgements).
Yeah. There were rate hikes. One was a little eye popping as it came right leading up to Christmas. That one really looked like a shot a Trump. You NEVER F with XMas. Too much riding on it. And just to poke the Fed in the eye, everyone said FU to the rate hike and spent anyway. As for the market dip, wait a week, wait two, then a month, then two. Was this REALLY a thing, or a bunch of nothing.

China should be the absolute Economic Gorilla on the planet. Yet screw ups on their part have them practically living paycheck to paycheck. Despite popular belief, Trump is not an idiot. China can be hurt. A lot. China may flex some muscle, but, ultimately they'll have to play ball. If they don't, then we can cozy up to GB as they Brexit. We'll take a hit, but, we still have Billions of the Trillions of offshore money coming to rebuild US manufacturing.
Old August 16th, 2019, 01:06 PM   #7
zebra1922

I just canít see a massive renaissance in manufacturing in the US (or the UK for that matter). Labour costs are just too high and we have got too used to the low prices from using cheap Asian labour to make our goods.

If tariffs start feeding through to prices, it wonít act to bring jobs back but act to dampen demand and throw countries into recession. In a global market it is fantasy to think manufacturing jobs are going to return in thousands. That ship has sailed and youíre better off focusing on the higher value production you already have (I.e. Boeing) than bringing back TV and washing machine manufacturing.
Old August 16th, 2019, 01:09 PM   #8
ursle
Street Skater

Absolutely the most complicated subject on the planet and let's just simplify things.

China....bad, we can make them do what we want financially, we'll just join GB in Brexit.

Or, when Trump get's voted out in 2020 and Enter's years of Courtroom activity at his personal expense.

We rebuild the Diplomatic Core, Regain our trading partners and restart negotiations with China, We renegotiate a nuclear deal with Iraq we negotiate with North Korea through China and we forget there was ever an idiot Racist in the White House.

We immediately identify and impeach the most outrageous Federal appointments made by This WH and Senate in the Courts, we stop the state of Kentucky and Mitch McConnell from letting Russia take a stake in the US economy.

We reverse all Trump has done to the EPA, his deregulation of environmental regulations is insane, clean water gutted, clean air gutted, off shore oil drilling bans....lifted, we need to re-institute them, we need to stop this one pay check at a time mentality that Trump lives in and plan 100 years ahead, Trump is a six times bankrupt phony, RACIST, RAPIST, who has a Russian Agenda, it's certainly not a US agenda.