S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2017, 01:10 AM   #321
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,397
Default

Of course comrade



3 Russians named in Trump dossier sue Fusion GPS for libel

Three Russian investors are suing private investigation firm Fusion GPS and its founder Glenn Simpson for libel over the handling of an intelligence dossier containing salacious allegations against President Donald Trump.

Mikhail Fridman, Petr Aven and German Khan filed suit Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Washington, claiming that their reputations were unfairly tattered by the so-called dossier — a largely unsubstantiated document that has taken on a larger-than-life role in several investigations into alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

"Even though the Dossier contained unverified allegations, Defendants recklessly placed it beyond their control and allowed it to fall into the hands of media devoted to breaking news on the hottest subject of the day: the Trump candidacy," the suit alleges.

The plaintiffs are among the backers of Alfa Bank, a financial institution that the dossier accuses of involvement in Russian efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

In May, the same three Russian oligarchs filed a separate libel suit in a New York state court against BuzzFeed over its publication of the dossier.


The new suit accuses Fusion GPS and former Wall Street Journal reporter Simpson of circulating the dossier to journalists for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Yahoo, CNN and others. The reports were shared so broadly that they were all but certain to be published in some form, the suit alleges.

"Plaintiffs seek an award of compensatory and punitive damages for the harm to their personal and professional reputations, current business interests, and the impairment of business opportunities that resulted from the blatantly false and defamatory statements and implications about them published by the Defendants and republished by BuzzFeed and countless other media around the world," the complaint says.

A spokeswoman for Fusion GPS declined to comment on the latest suit, which was assigned to Judge Richard Leon, a George W. Bush appointee.

Two of the Russian investors who filed the suit Tuesday have a previous history of taking similar litigation to U.S. courts.

In 2000, Fridman and Aven sued the DC-based Center for Public Integrity over a report that suggested they were involved in drug-running and organized crime.

A federal judge ultimately threw out the suit, ruling that there was no evidence of actual malice on the part of CPI and that Fridman and Aven "were limited public figures for purposes of the public controversy involving corruption in post-Soviet Russia and the future of Western aid and investment in the country."
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 01:43 AM   #322
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: L.A., Ca
Posts: 5,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
Of course comrade



3 Russians named in Trump dossier sue Fusion GPS for libel

Three Russian investors are suing private investigation firm Fusion GPS and its founder Glenn Simpson for libel over the handling of an intelligence dossier containing salacious allegations against President Donald Trump.

Mikhail Fridman, Petr Aven and German Khan filed suit Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Washington, claiming that their reputations were unfairly tattered by the so-called dossier — a largely unsubstantiated document that has taken on a larger-than-life role in several investigations into alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

"Even though the Dossier contained unverified allegations, Defendants recklessly placed it beyond their control and allowed it to fall into the hands of media devoted to breaking news on the hottest subject of the day: the Trump candidacy," the suit alleges.

The plaintiffs are among the backers of Alfa Bank, a financial institution that the dossier accuses of involvement in Russian efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

In May, the same three Russian oligarchs filed a separate libel suit in a New York state court against BuzzFeed over its publication of the dossier.


The new suit accuses Fusion GPS and former Wall Street Journal reporter Simpson of circulating the dossier to journalists for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Yahoo, CNN and others. The reports were shared so broadly that they were all but certain to be published in some form, the suit alleges.

"Plaintiffs seek an award of compensatory and punitive damages for the harm to their personal and professional reputations, current business interests, and the impairment of business opportunities that resulted from the blatantly false and defamatory statements and implications about them published by the Defendants and republished by BuzzFeed and countless other media around the world," the complaint says.

A spokeswoman for Fusion GPS declined to comment on the latest suit, which was assigned to Judge Richard Leon, a George W. Bush appointee.

Two of the Russian investors who filed the suit Tuesday have a previous history of taking similar litigation to U.S. courts.

In 2000, Fridman and Aven sued the DC-based Center for Public Integrity over a report that suggested they were involved in drug-running and organized crime.

A federal judge ultimately threw out the suit, ruling that there was no evidence of actual malice on the part of CPI and that Fridman and Aven "were limited public figures for purposes of the public controversy involving corruption in post-Soviet Russia and the future of Western aid and investment in the country."
URANIUM ONE.

Come on. Just on face value. Clinton gave Russia Nuclear Fuel. Hell, this Uranium is likely in Kims' nukes. How do you defend that? How do you even accuse Trump of being pro Russia, when it was Clinton that did this?
I mean, I know you are insane. But something this ridiculous does not register in your head?
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 12:42 PM   #323
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,397
Default

I simpliy copied and pasted this quote from a page earlier, try comprehending facts instead of spouting lies. The uranium will never leave this country, the uranium is not in Russia, the uranium is not in N Korea, and the Hillary wasn’t Secretary of State when the 100 million was donated to her charity, the donation happened years prior, Hillary wasn’t active on the nine member committee that dealt with the uranium, the facts don’t lie, ever, but this administration never tells the truth, and it’s propaganda machine, Fox, leads it along with alternate facts, every day.




Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
URANIUM ONE.

Come on. Just on face value. Clinton gave Russia Nuclear Fuel. Hell, this Uranium is likely in Kims' nukes. How do you defend that? How do you even accuse Trump of being pro Russia, when it was Clinton that did this?
I mean, I know you are insane. But something this ridiculous does not register in your head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
What fact check says, btw, you post a clip from the fox entertainment company and expect others to take you serious?


CLAIM
Sec. of State Hillary Clinton's approval of a deal to transfer control of 20% of U.S. uranium deposits to a Russian company was a quid pro quo exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation. See Example( s )

RATING
FALSE
ORIGIN
In the months leading up to the 2016 United States presidential election, stories abounded about the relationships between the Clinton Foundation and various foreign entities.

May 2015 saw the publication of a book called Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich, an exposé of alleged Clinton Foundation corruption written by Peter Schweizer, a former Hoover Institution fellow and editor-at-large at the right-wing media company Breitbart.

A chapter in the book suggests that the Clinton family and Russia each may have benefited from a “pay-for-play” scheme while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state, involving the transfer of U.S. uranium reserves to the new Russian owners of an international mining operation in exchange for $145 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation.

The mining company, Uranium One, was originally based in South Africa, but merged in 2007 with Canada-based UrAsia Energy. Shareholders there retained a controlling interest until 2010, when Russia’s nuclear agency, Rosatom, completed purchase of a 51% stake. Hillary Clinton played a part in the transaction because it involved the transfer of ownership of a material deemed important to national security — uranium, amounting to one-fifth of U.S. reserves — thus requiring the approval of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), on which the U.S. Secretary of State sits.

During the same time frame that the acquisition took place, Schweizer claims in Clinton Cash, the Clinton Foundation accepted contributions from nine individuals associated with Uranium One totaling more than $100 million. Among those who followed him in citing the transaction as an example of alleged Clinton corruption was GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, who said during a June 2016 speech in New York City:

Hillary Clinton’s State Department approved the transfer of 20% of America’s uranium holdings to Russia, while nine investors in the deal funneled $145 million to the Clinton Foundation.
Trump’s campaign repeated the allegation in a September 2016 press release, and again in an October 2016 television ad stating that Clinton “gave American uranium rights to the Russians”:


An image circulating via social media during the final months of the presidential campaign asked the question, “So Hillary, if Russia is such a threat, why did you sell them 20% of our uranium? Are you a liar, or a traitor, or both?”

clinton-uranium
The Uranium One deal was not Clinton’s to veto or approve

Among the ways these accusations stray from the facts is in attributing a power of veto or approval to Secretary Clinton that she simply did not have. Clinton was one of nine cabinet members and department heads that sit on the CFIUS, and the secretary of the treasury is its chairperson. CFIUS members are collectively charged with evaluating the transaction for potential national security issues, then turning their findings over to the president. By law, the committee can’t veto a transaction; only the president can. According to The New York Times, Clinton may not have even directly participated in the Uranium One decision. Then-Assistant Secretary of State Jose Fernandez, whose job it was to represent the State Dept. on CFIUS, said Clinton herself “never intervened” in committee matters.

Despite transfer of ownership, the uranium remained in the U.S.

A key fact ignored in criticisms of Clinton’s supposed involvement in the deal is that the uranium was not — nor could it be — exported, and remained under the control of U.S.-based subsidiaries of Uranium One, according to a statement by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission:

NRC’s review of the transfer of control request determined that the U.S. subsidiaries will
remain the licensees, will remain qualified to conduct the uranium recovery operations, and will continue to have the equipment, facilities, and procedures necessary to protect public health and safety and to minimize danger to life or property. The review also determined that the licensees will maintain adequate financial surety for eventual decommissioning of the sites. Neither Uranium One nor ARMZ holds an NRC export license, so no uranium produced at either facility may be exported.
The timing of most of the donations does not match

Of the $145 million allegedly contributed to the Clinton Foundation by Uranium One investors, the lion’s share — $131.3 million — came from a single donor, Frank Giustra, the company’s founder. But Giustra sold off his entire stake in the company in 2007, three years before the Russia deal and at least 18 months before Clinton became secretary of state.

Of the remaining individuals connected with Uranium One who donated to the Clinton Foundation, only one was found to have contributed during the same time frame that the deal was taking place, according to The New York Times — Ian Telfer, the company’s chairman:

His donations through the Fernwood Foundation included $1 million reported in 2009, the year his company appealed to the American Embassy to help it keep its mines in Kazakhstan; $250,000 in 2010, the year the Russians sought majority control; as well as $600,000 in 2011 and $500,000 in 2012. Mr. Telfer said that his donations had nothing to do with his business dealings, and that he had never discussed Uranium One with Mr. or Mrs. Clinton. He said he had given the money because he wanted to support Mr. Giustra’s charitable endeavors with Mr. Clinton. “Frank and I have been friends and business partners for almost 20 years,” he said.
The timing of Telfer’s donations might be questionable if there was reason to believe that Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the approval of the deal with Russia, but all the evidence points to the contrary — that Clinton did not play a pivotal role, and, in fact, may not have played any role at all.

Foundation admits disclosure mistakes

One fault investigations into the Clinton Foundation’s practices did find was that not all of the donations were properly disclosed — specifically, those of Uranium One Chairman Ian Telfer between 2009 and 2012. The foundation admitted this shortcoming and pledged to correct it, but as the Guardian pointed out in its May 2015 discussion of Clinton Cash, the fact that it happened is reason enough to sound alarm bells:

It is also true that large donations to the foundation from the chairman of Uranium One, Ian Telfer, at around the time of the Russian purchase of the company and while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state, were never disclosed to the public. The multimillion sums were channeled through a subsidiary of the Clinton Foundation, CGSCI, which did not reveal its individual donors.

Such awkward collisions between Bill’s fundraising activities and Hillary’s public service have raised concerns not just among those who might be dismissed as part of a vast right-wing conspiracy.
An enormous volume of interest and speculation surrounds the workings of the Clinton Foundation, which is to be expected. Given the enormous sums of money it controls and the fact that it is run by a former U.S. president who is married to a possible future U.S. president, the foundation deserves all the scrutiny it gets, and more.

At the same time, for the sake of accuracy it’s crucial to differentiate between partisan accusations and what we actually know about it — however little that may be.

Update

On 17 October 2017, The Hill reported obtaining evidence that Vadim Mikerin, a Russian official who oversaw the American operations of the Russian nuclear agency Rosatom, was being investigated for corruption by multiple U.S. agencies while the Uranium One deal was up for approval — information that apparently was not shared with U.S. officials involved in approving the transaction. The Hill also reported receiving documents and eyewitness testimony “indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow,” although no specifics about who those Russian nuclear officials were or how the money was allegedly routed to the Clinton Foundation were given. In any case, none of these revelations prove that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton participated in a quid pro quo agreement to accept payment for approval of the Uranium One deal.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:29 PM   #324
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: L.A., Ca
Posts: 5,859
Default

Ursle, you should know by now, I don't read anything you post unless it is ONE paragraph. Wast of time.

I see you dodged the question. Let me rephrase it.

Who is Russia going to sell the Uranium to? Friends of the US or enemies?
Where is the outrage that we are giving rights to Uranium to our biggest enemy?
Where is the OUTRAGE at Obama and Clinton?
You are outraged that Trump is accused of playing some undetermined footsy with Russia, but Obama/Clinton gave them nuclear fuel. Are you insane?
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 05:08 PM   #325
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,397
Default

Turn out the lights, the Donald Trump administration is over

Donald Trump’s ouster is no longer a question of if, but when – and even that might now be sooner than you’d think. Everything changed yesterday when the head of the Trump campaign’s voter data analysis was caught admitting to having tried to conspire with Russian-controlled hackers with regard to Hillary Clinton’s emails. That’s a smoking pistol that’ll soon lead to a smoking bazooka. The Trump administration is now dead; it’s just a matter of how long before the carcass collapses. So what now?

In the past days we’ve seen most of the Republican Congress frantically scrambling to find a way to protect Donald Trump from his Russia scandal a bit longer. They’re desperate to pass their tax cut package for the wealthy, so they can declare one singular victory for their billionaire backers before settling for the reality that nothing else is getting done for the rest of this term. Trump’s worsening instability, his toxic unpopularity, and now his exploding scandals have ensured that.

From their scrambling, it’s clear that the Republicans knew this Trump-Russia voter data bombshell was coming. It’s equally clear that they know a lot more is going to surface on that front, and soon. This is about to explode in catastrophic fashion within a matter of days, and they know it. Things are now so imminently tenuous that the GOP no longer even feels safe that Trump will still be tenable by the time they get around to voting on their tax plan a week or two from now.

It’s why you’re seeing the Republican Congress suddenly going along with the phoniest of phony uranium scandals about Hillary Clinton. The GOP is desperately throwing everything at the wall it can think of, if only to create a temporary distraction from Donald Trump’s own exploding Russia scandal, so it can finish its tax giveaway to the wealthy. Once the other shoes drop on the Trump-Russia voter data scandal, no one will care or remember the sideshows the GOP is trying to gin up this week. But that doesn’t matter, because this is all about buying time.

And btw, Rufus, the uranium is in the us, will never leave the us and after you say it’s in Moscow 1000 times it will still be in the US.

BTW, in the first paragraph, the head of Trumps, voter data analysis team admitted in open session that he tried to conspire with Russian controlled hackers (spies) in regards to the Clinton campaigns e-mails, err, the word collusion comes to mind, proof of collusion.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:17 PM   #326
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: L.A., Ca
Posts: 5,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
Turn out the lights, the Donald Trump administration is over

Donald Trump’s ouster is no longer a question of if, but when – and even that might now be sooner than you’d think. Everything changed yesterday when the head of the Trump campaign’s voter data analysis was caught admitting to having tried to conspire with Russian-controlled hackers with regard to Hillary Clinton’s emails. That’s a smoking pistol that’ll soon lead to a smoking bazooka. The Trump administration is now dead; it’s just a matter of how long before the carcass collapses. So what now?

In the past days we’ve seen most of the Republican Congress frantically scrambling to find a way to protect Donald Trump from his Russia scandal a bit longer. They’re desperate to pass their tax cut package for the wealthy, so they can declare one singular victory for their billionaire backers before settling for the reality that nothing else is getting done for the rest of this term. Trump’s worsening instability, his toxic unpopularity, and now his exploding scandals have ensured that.

From their scrambling, it’s clear that the Republicans knew this Trump-Russia voter data bombshell was coming. It’s equally clear that they know a lot more is going to surface on that front, and soon. This is about to explode in catastrophic fashion within a matter of days, and they know it. Things are now so imminently tenuous that the GOP no longer even feels safe that Trump will still be tenable by the time they get around to voting on their tax plan a week or two from now.

It’s why you’re seeing the Republican Congress suddenly going along with the phoniest of phony uranium scandals about Hillary Clinton. The GOP is desperately throwing everything at the wall it can think of, if only to create a temporary distraction from Donald Trump’s own exploding Russia scandal, so it can finish its tax giveaway to the wealthy. Once the other shoes drop on the Trump-Russia voter data scandal, no one will care or remember the sideshows the GOP is trying to gin up this week. But that doesn’t matter, because this is all about buying time.

And btw, Rufus, the uranium is in the us, will never leave the us and after you say it’s in Moscow 1000 times it will still be in the US.

BTW, in the first paragraph, the head of Trumps, voter data analysis team admitted in open session that he tried to conspire with Russian controlled hackers (spies) in regards to the Clinton campaigns e-mails, err, the word collusion comes to mind, proof of collusion.
Your words are meaningless. Just a deluded fantasy. There is nothing to back it up. If North Korea detonates a nuke on soil other than their own, the world will know where the Uranium went. The Obama administration is going to jail, and the people will rejoice. Amen.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 10:31 PM   #327
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,397
Default

It’s certainly your choice to use alternate facts to make your decisions, but the facts stand, A delusion is a belief that is held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.
So are you delusional or just a typical deplorable, imho, being deplorable would be better than being delusional.


History

North Korea maintains uranium mines with an estimated four million tons of exploitable high-quality uranium ore. Information on the state and quality of their mines is lacking, but it is estimated that the ore contains approximately 0.8% extractable uranium. In the mid-1960s, it established a large-scale atomic energy research complex in Yongbyon and trained specialists from students who had studied in the Soviet Union. Under the cooperation agreement concluded between the USSR and the DPRK, a nuclear research center was constructed near the small town of Yongbyon. In 1965 a Soviet IRT-2M research reactor was assembled for this center. From 1965 through 1973 fuel (fuel elements) enriched to 10 percent was supplied to the DPRK for this reactor.

In the 1970s it focused study on the nuclear fuel cycle including refining, conversion and fabrication. In 1974 Korean specialists independently modernized Soviet IRT-2M research reactor in the same way that other reactors operating in the USSR and other countries had been modernized, bringing its capacity up to 8 megawatts and switching to fuel enriched to 80 percent. Subsequently, the degree of fuel enrichment was reduced. In the same period the DPRK began to build a 5 MWe research reactor, what is called the "second reactor." In 1977 the DPRK concluded an agreement with the International Atomic Energy Agency [IAEA], allowing the latter to inspect a research reactor which was built with the assistance of the USSR.


And more SOUND thinking by Forbes



Hillary Clinton is back in the news. But the reason is a big nothing burger.

In a 2015 book, Breitbart News editor Peter Schweizer claimed that donations to the Clinton Foundation were behind the Obama administration’s approval of the 2010 sale of a Canadian mining company to a Russian state-controlled firm. The sale gave Russia control of a large swath of American uranium interests.

And by large, we really mean small.

The allegations are back in the news after a report in The Hill last week claimed, citing anonymous sources, that at the time U.S. officials were weighing whether to approve the deal, the FBI was investigating evidence of bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering by Russian nuclear industry officials designed to help further Russian President Vladimir Putin's commercial nuclear ambitions inside the United States.

The Hill article was seized on by right-wing media ― and the President ― as evidence backing up a conspiracy theory that they've pushed amid the investigations into Russia's efforts to swing the presidential election to Donald Trump. The real collusion scandal, they claim, involves Russia and Hillary Clinton. The implication of the piece is that the FBI investigation should have been known to those who approved the deal in question.



Clinton's State Department and several government agencies on the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States unanimously approved the 2010 partial sale of Canadian mining company Uranium One to the Russian nuclear giant Rosatom, supposedly giving Moscow control of more than 20% of America’s uranium supply.

Obama and Clinton colluding to hand over 20% America’s strategic uranium to the Russians? On cue, Fox News gabber Sean Hannity said this could be 'the biggest scandal' in American history.

But here's the thing ― by 20%, we really mean almost zero.

Those U.S. facilities obtained by Russia produce almost nothing. The uranium deposits are of relatively poor grade and are too costly to compete on the uranium market. But the facilities do have good milling capacity to process ore, if anyone gives it to them, which hasn’t happened in about 10 years. Theoretically, they could process 20% of our ore, but that will never happen. Uranium One couldn’t give these facilities away.

Besides, Russia can’t export any uranium they produce in the U.S. They do not possess a Nuclear Regulatory Commission export license.

The real reason Russia wanted this deal was to give Rosatom’s subsidiary Uranium One's very profitable uranium mines in Kazakhstan ― the single largest producer of commercial uranium in the world.

Then, in 2011, the administration approved a Rosatom subsidiary to sell commercial uranium to U.S. nuclear power plants in partnership with the U.S. Enrichment Corporation. Up until then, Russia had been limited to selling our nuclear power plants uranium reprocessed from old Soviet nuclear weapons under the 1990s Megatons to Megawatts peace program. Nothing strange here, either. Finally, in 2013, Russia obtained 100% interest in Uranium One.

Rather than take action against this deal, the Department of Justice just continued investigating the matter for years, essentially leaving the American public, Congress, the secretary of state and the administration in the dark about more Russian meddling in the United States, this time involving nuclear.

Candidate Trump jumped on this issue during the 2016 campaign trail last year, but as secretary of state, Clinton was not involved in the committee review and never intervened on the matter, and there were several other agencies involved in the recommendation.

It is still not clear why no one at the FBI alerted the Obama administration to the Russian kickbacks, extortion threats and money laundering before these decisions were made. One theory is that the United States was still seeking to 'reset' its relationship with Russia and was also trying to get Putin on board with our Iran nuclear deal. But in the end, this Russian deal just wasn’t that important and had no national security ramifications.

As Jeffrey Lewis, a nuclear nonproliferation expert at the Middlebury Institute, described it, Russia’s purchase of the company 'had as much of an impact on national security as it would have if they set the money on fire. That’s probably why (all the U.S. agencies involved) approved it.'

The key to this issue’s resurgence this week is that Hillary Clinton was secretary of state at the time, Bill Clinton was getting lucrative speaking fees in Russia, and Russian money was finding its way to the Clinton Foundation, although the amount turns out to be small. However, even if there was no wrongdoing on the part of the administration or the Clintons, and no national security reason for anyone to oppose this deal, some still want to make it another Benghazi.

As a scandal, this issue lacks relevance since Clinton is now a private citizen and Russian meddling in our 2016 election has become a bigger issue. In fact, all the attention now being paid to the uranium deal seems to have more to do with Robert Mueller’s present investigation of Russian collusion than with Clinton.

The political ramifications aside, what is the reality of our uranium supplies, and how much does Russian meddling affect them?

Short answer – not at all.

There’s lots and lots of uranium in the world, and more keeps being discovered. Just look at the 2017 AAPG EMD Committee Report that covers uranium, other nuclear minerals and rare earth elements.

According to the lead author, Michael Campbell at I2M Associates, 'we are awash in uranium, not to mention all energy minerals – oil, coal and especially natural gas.' (Disclosure: I am a member of that committee and a co-author of the report.)

This is especially true in North America, which contains the highest-grade uranium deposits in the world. The Athabasca Basin of Saskatchewan is known as the 'Saudi Arabia of Uranium.'

Which is critical since we need to double nuclear power to address climate change and replace coal, even as we ramp up renewables. We also need to provide an extra 300 billion kWhs each year to charge the 100-million-plus fleet of fully electric vehicles America needs by 2040 to have any chance of putting a real dent in our petroleum use.

So yes, North America is essentially uranium-independent. And no, this Russian deal had, and will have, no impact, aside from showing that the FBI is lax in its prosecution of Russians who break our laws, and lax in alerting us to their meddling in time to do anything about it.

Last edited by ursle; October 30th, 2017 at 05:14 PM.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 05:24 PM   #328
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,397
Default

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization.

Manafort laundered money, Rico
Trump laundered Russian money at trump tower, doesn’t matter when....Rico

The fact that the trump campaign colluded with Russia to get in the White House is icing on the cake, Trump will be named an unconvicted accomplice to each and ever person that gets convicted, which is how Richard Nixon was finally brought down, his party finally stopped proctecting him, after Trump is named an unconvicted accomplice....his support in the house and senate will dwindle, but somehow he has to finish his term, Session would be worse, Trump is not religious, Sessions is a rabid Christian, the uranium never left the US and Hillary is not in jail.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 07:05 PM   #329
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization.

Manafort laundered money, Rico
Trump laundered Russian money at trump tower, doesn’t matter when....Rico

The fact that the trump campaign colluded with Russia to get in the White House is icing on the cake, Trump will be named an unconvicted accomplice to each and ever person that gets convicted, which is how Richard Nixon was finally brought down, his party finally stopped proctecting him, after Trump is named an unconvicted accomplice....his support in the house and senate will dwindle, but somehow he has to finish his term, Session would be worse, Trump is not religious, Sessions is a rabid Christian, the uranium never left the US and Hillary is not in jail.
So far no connection to Trump... old stuff being brought up to date then the guys are getting prosecuted for it. mueller has to do something to save face.
I was almost fired once from a job. I was accused of doing drugs and failed a drug test. My boss did not hang out with me after work so he did not know what I did after work. But he stood up for me anyway. But I didn't get fired for the drug test...... I never took the drug test. And to put icing in the cake, was not doing drugs and would have passed the test anyway if I had taken it. You can only reasonably go so far in checking anyone out. But if they did something, they should go to jail no matter who they are. So far Trump is out of the loop.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 01:31 AM   #330
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: L.A., Ca
Posts: 5,859
Default

Hmm. Got something almost honest from ABC News. They announced the Manafort story eluding to election tampering. But, at least, they did not bring Trumps' name into it. But, if you think about it, the stuff the charges are about was far before the election. So, still somewhat dishonest.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:24 AM   #331
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Hmm. Got something almost honest from ABC News. They announced the Manafort story eluding to election tampering. But, at least, they did not bring Trumps' name into it. But, if you think about it, the stuff the charges are about was far before the election. So, still somewhat dishonest.
Yep and all the democrooks are claiming its a done deal... lol
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2017, 04:35 AM   #332
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: L.A., Ca
Posts: 5,859
Default It's True FB/Russia Stole The Election

0.004% of the FB newsfeed manipulated by Russia was either Pro Trump and Anti-Clinton.

May as well just let her assume the presidency.

Kidding.

Yeah, the DNC and Main Stream Media Cheated for her, and the stupid b*tch STILL lost.

Come on Liberals. Somewhere along the line, you just gotta admit you got a Lame Horse here, and switch to something else.
Send the old one to the glue factory.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2017, 06:18 AM   #333
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: L.A., Ca
Posts: 5,859
Default Evidence Seized via Search Warrant May Be Inadmissible

Scope, scope, scope. News to me, search warrants are seldom used in Grand Jury Cases. The Warrant issued may likely not cover the evidence Mueller needs to convict Manafort. Out of scope. That's an interesting twist. Wonder how this will play out.

http://truepundit.com/doj-says-manaf...le-indictment/

Wow, this article, from a Legal Journal, REALLY pokes holes, in fine legal detail, in Manafort's Indictment. Again, it is a matter of scope. Muellers scope was,
1 person involved in the campaign,
2 Trump, This is a maybe. Trump's direct involvement is not required.
3 Russia,
4 election,
5 collusion.

The Manafort indictment needs to hit at least 4 of these items. It only hits 1. Not 3 4 or 5.

https://lawnewz.com/opinion/here-are...paul-manafort/
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9

Last edited by rufusprime99; November 3rd, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.