S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2018, 08:49 AM   #21
HeBeGB
Senior Member
 
HeBeGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: BrisVegas, Australia
Posts: 126
Default

Jack, don't go bringing facts and logical arguments to this discussion, they will be shot down with pure rhetoric and uniformed opinions
__________________
I'm not fast, but I make other people faster
HeBeGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:27 AM   #22
leshomes
Senior Member
 
leshomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeBeGB View Post
Jack, don't go bringing facts and logical arguments to this discussion, they will be shot down with pure rhetoric and uniformed opinions
We donít want the facts to become ursless to this thread.
__________________
Bonts HDC/HeBeGb 165; Bonts QLF/Racing 162; Altamura/Specials 170; Deanoís and Scottís
Bearings Fafnir 8 ball, Qube 8 ball
leshomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 02:22 PM   #23
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,536
Default

So, a thread about rollerbones wheels, and it's getting trolled by everything not rollerbones, oh'my

Anyway, there's a rollerbones site,
https://rollerbones.com/wheels?dir=desc&order=price
and it offered parts and wheels and bearing for sale, for example, wheel spacers, they look to be nylon or plastic, light weight, there's also a bones bearings site, it's more comprehensive for parts and offers all of bones bearings.
https://bonesbearings.com/skateboard...sc&order=price



Also, an outdoor wheel, 65mm high, 78a, glad I looked, I prefer a light weight wheel, but I bet they last years, how nice a site to look at them, and order them from.



A nice hub, hard urethane 62 mm in height, and only 149$, easily purchased, and let's not forget, you can buy the best ceramic bearings to go in them.



I bet you can walk into a skate shop most anywhere in the US and put your hands on these items, might even find them on sale, it's nice that rollerbones takes the time to help inform skaters about their products, and they are easy to contact, heck, they can be reached from this forum via the private message apparatus available to members.

Ah, speed rings



And spare shields



And yes, spare ball retainers, gotta hand it to a company that has it all



Ah'ha, they also sell the best lubricant you can use for skate bearings



I have one of these, after I soak the bearings in "whatever" to clean them, I put them on this made for bearing device and soak them in 92% isopropyl, then blow them with air to dry them, from the side, not allowing the bearing to spin, then give them each two drops of speed cream, and I can count on rollerbones to have everything available and easy to get.



Well, now it's back to everything not rollerbones, which quite honestly isn't very professional when it's by people that also make their living in the skate world, but who's to judge
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:08 PM   #24
HeBeGB
Senior Member
 
HeBeGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: BrisVegas, Australia
Posts: 126
Default

Thankyou for the paid political announcement, Ursle.
I don't remember having a go at any Rollerbones products, but I guess I should go back and re-read my previous posts to back that up.
Oh and you are right, the Rollerbones website does have pretty pictures so that people can see what they are buying, thankyou for that.
__________________
I'm not fast, but I make other people faster
HeBeGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 06:39 AM   #25
leshomes
Senior Member
 
leshomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Posts: 233
Default

Supursless - word meaning redundant information readily available on the world wide web.
__________________
Bonts HDC/HeBeGb 165; Bonts QLF/Racing 162; Altamura/Specials 170; Deanoís and Scottís
Bearings Fafnir 8 ball, Qube 8 ball
leshomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 12:43 PM   #26
Mort
Sk8 Ninja
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Huntington Wv
Posts: 3,213
Default

Of course they'd need to sell retainers. Their quality control on reds retainers is trash, so you'll need more after the malformed or broken out of the box cages come off the balls and your wheel goes skipping across the ground away from you. Lol

I have the bones bearing cleaner. I can't say I like that thing.

Sewing machine oil for indoor, and grease for outdoor. Speed cream is overpriced snake oil IMO. Show me a product data sheet with performance characteristics of the lubricant. I don't buy into hype.

Their spacers are what size and fit which of the wheels they sell reliably? Virtually none? Lol.

Speed rings, a almost pointless item. (Flip/clip axles guys need something like them though) But at least it does create a small gap between trucks and nuts, in case you're obsessed with worry that your bearing seals(which are countersunk into the inner and outer races) will rub and cause drag.

I have 2 sets of RBT'S, and I was not impressed with the wear characteristics. Not exactly disappointed either really, but for what they are, ya can do one better for 50$ less, a set of zombie wheels won't have spokes break on you, and have perfect hubs, which can actually USE spacers, since every damn hub is the same width between bearings. measured 5 sets now and not 1 was off the mark. Amazing job Sure Grip.
__________________
Home rink: Roll-A-Rama in Huntington Wv.
"Focus on form and speed is a byproduct, focus on speed and falling is a byproduct." - Matguy
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 01:46 PM   #27
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,536
Default

Let's just look at these products again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
So, a thread about rollerbones wheels, and it's getting trolled by everything not rollerbones, oh'my

Anyway, there's a rollerbones site,
https://rollerbones.com/wheels?dir=desc&order=price
and it offered parts and wheels and bearing for sale, for example, wheel spacers, they look to be nylon or plastic, light weight, there's also a bones bearings site, it's more comprehensive for parts and offers all of bones bearings.
https://bonesbearings.com/skateboard...sc&order=price



Also, an outdoor wheel, 65mm high, 78a, glad I looked, I prefer a light weight wheel, but I bet they last years, how nice a site to look at them, and order them from.



A nice hub, hard urethane 62 mm in height, and only 149$, easily purchased, and let's not forget, you can buy the best ceramic bearings to go in them.



I bet you can walk into a skate shop most anywhere in the US and put your hands on these items, might even find them on sale, it's nice that rollerbones takes the time to help inform skaters about their products, and they are easy to contact, heck, they can be reached from this forum via the private message apparatus available to members.

Ah, speed rings



And spare shields



And yes, spare ball retainers, gotta hand it to a company that has it all



Ah'ha, they also sell the best lubricant you can use for skate bearings



I have one of these, after I soak the bearings in "whatever" to clean them, I put them on this made for bearing device and soak them in 92% isopropyl, then blow them with air to dry them, from the side, not allowing the bearing to spin, then give them each two drops of speed cream, and I can count on rollerbones to have everything available and easy to get.



Well, now it's back to everything not rollerbones, which quite honestly isn't very professional when it's by people that also make their living in the skate world, but who's to judge
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 01:54 PM   #28
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,536
Default

And more...

It's nice this company offers so much



Artwork



Even these



And a patch




Or two




Golly, three



Even more



Ahhh



And most important different retainers for different bearings, again, who else offers bearing parts...





And decales



Yea bones bearings
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2018, 06:53 AM   #29
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA
 
jackbkwikn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,321
Default

Wow.
Are you after a bones kickback.....Or something.
__________________
ALTAMURA'S
jackbkwikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2018, 05:20 PM   #30
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 2,536
Default

More a case of being somewhere between karma and "Do onto others"

If a set of ceramic bearings were offered at cost that would be Karma.
If the thread stops bashing Rollerbones, that would be "Do unto others"
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2018, 08:40 PM   #31
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA
 
jackbkwikn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,321
Default

Your so deluded.
At what point did i bag bones.
If anything i bagged shamans.
__________________
ALTAMURA'S
jackbkwikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2018, 09:13 PM   #32
jotson
Senior Member
 
jotson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 551
Default

I do like the RBT's, but it's also the only wheel I have flat-spotted. Bought a set of second hand Scotts, and I'm hooked. They are enforcers, so I am using Bones Swiss Ceramics, and the ride is amazing! I was always afraid of the weight, but the 59mm enforcer/hub is the same weight as the 62mm RBT.
jotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #33
RollerBones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 121
Default

Please feel free to read about the History of Bones Bearings and ABEC vs. Skate rated articles at bonesbearings.com just scroll to the bottom. We re-engineered our bearing for better tolerance and clearances for the application of skating. It's not a marketing thing. Plus the only "swiss" bearings either come from our factory of Jessa, and I believe that's only Bont at this time.
RollerBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:53 AM   #34
Mort
Sk8 Ninja
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Huntington Wv
Posts: 3,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerBones View Post
Please feel free to read about the History of Bones Bearings and ABEC vs. Skate rated articles at bonesbearings.com just scroll to the bottom. We re-engineered our bearing for better tolerance and clearances for the application of skating. It's not a marketing thing. Plus the only "swiss" bearings either come from our factory of Jessa, and I believe that's only Bont at this time.
Skate rated means nothing. It is not held to a standard, like ABEC ratings are(not saying they really matter, as that depends..). It gives no information, there arent even "levels" of your "skate rated" bearings.

Jessa supposedly makes good quality products. Personally have never done destructive testing on any bearing with sophisticated equipment to get any data from.

The internal clearances needed in a bearing are simply subject to the lack of precision in the assembly. The single most important factor for that is awheels hub precision, a distant second being a axle trueness and truck faces being cut perpendicular to the axle.

Most skaters are not rolling precision machined hubs that can make use of tighter internal clearances, So looser than standard internal clearances easily allows for good roll without having to worry about getting a perfectly shaped /molded/machined hub(s) in a set of wheels.

My major problem with the BS "skate rated" crap is that it doesn't educate, it obfuscates.

It leads less educated people to believe they are getting something special, when they aren't.
__________________
Home rink: Roll-A-Rama in Huntington Wv.
"Focus on form and speed is a byproduct, focus on speed and falling is a byproduct." - Matguy
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.