S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #21
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

my dear panco, what are you confused about? My date will be my buddy glessner aka, "gless" on the board.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #22
panch0
Senior Member
 
panch0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 931
Default

Hmmmmm! Ok! Is that legal in Illinois?
__________________
Hasta la Pista!!
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #23
Pepper Montana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
done and done!
there!
Happy now? I'm coming wif a date, I'll try and get him to sign up in advance as well.

DAVE MORGAN where you at, boy? You goan be there, right?
Are you kidding me? A world champeen skater such as myself wouldn't miss it. Zoe is going too. Tell Greg Major that he better look out because Team Morgan is planning on having Zoe cross the line first. I don't care how buff he is or how intimidated I am. Zoe is going to win.
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #24
gless
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kings Mills, OH
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post
Hmmmmm! Ok! Is that legal in Illinois?
you know its a shame....it doesn't matter how many times you tell some people...they still naively hold out hope that one day the platonic friendship may become something else......I guess its back to seperate rooms in the hotel
gless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 05:12 AM   #25
panch0
Senior Member
 
panch0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gless View Post
you know its a shame....it doesn't matter how many times you tell some people...they still naively hold out hope that one day the platonic friendship may become something else......I guess its back to seperate rooms in the hotel
rofl
rofl
R O F L!!!!
__________________
Hasta la Pista!!
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #26
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post
rofl
rofl
R O F L!!!!
You know panch0, I would of expected a little
classier response from a world champion.

Yeah, ha ha very funny. We'll see who's laughing when
we get to our first climb this morning at say, um, 7am.


...
(Strout Rd., bitch)
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #27
Pepper Montana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 986
Default

Poor Gless. The accidental touches, the lingering looks as you bend over to tie your laces, the constant offers to rub the knots out of your calves after a long skate, the quickening breath from the line behind you when you take your turn at the front. One would imagine that our speedy is a relentless robot from the future pursuing his quarry. Be strong, Gless!
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #28
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

My dearest Pepper, clearly you are no stranger to the man-crush,
in your myriad of "closing" techniques, which one is the fastest?

<ahem>

Chicagoland marathon!!!
sign up today and witness these shenanigans first hand
as the stern Den Mother, the Major, tries to keep
these three rascally cub scouts inline. <-- get it? in-line

btw, this was gless on the aforementioned first climb:
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 03:58 PM   #29
panch0
Senior Member
 
panch0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Chicagoland marathon!!!
Man... that is a totally Rainbowy advertisement!



Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
the stern Den Mother, the Major, tries to keep
these three rascally cub scouts inline.
Den Mother? Don't piss off Uncle Greg any further!




Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
btw, this was gless on the aforementioned first climb:
OMG gless! what Speedy can do for turning down his date!
__________________
Hasta la Pista!!
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #30
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post
Man... that is a totally Rainbowy advertisement!
There is no W in Team Rainbo!
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #31
panch0
Senior Member
 
panch0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
There is no W in Team Rainbo!
Man... that is a totally Rainboy advertisement!

there you go... fixed that up real quick!


hey Speedy... next time gless pukes... take pictures!
__________________
Hasta la Pista!!
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #32
gless
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kings Mills, OH
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
My dearest Pepper, clearly you are no stranger to the man-crush,
in your myriad of "closing" techniques, which one is the fastest?

<ahem>

Chicagoland marathon!!!
sign up today and witness these shenanigans first hand
as the stern Den Mother, the Major, tries to keep
these three rascally cub scouts inline. <-- get it? in-line

btw, this was gless on the aforementioned first climb:
ahhemmm...I must protest the aforementioned post in the strongest of terms to the management of this message board. It contains offensive material including lies, embelishments and worst of all joke stealing! This is shocking behaviour and should not be tolerated on a civilzed forum such as this. I recomend punitive measures be taken against this user.

My points are as follows:

1. There was absolutely no spewing of any kind by me during any of today's climbs. There is absolutely no breakfast cliff bar residue to be found along today's route. The UN inspectors have issued their report and conclusively shown that there was absolutely no evidence of weapons of mass vomiting to be found in the entire countryside. (there was however slow climbing speeds and multiple drops occurring as noted in the footnotes of the report but that is irrelevant to the charges being presented here)

2. At the top of the second climb I'm the one who said...hey that climb reminds me "Did you hear about Joey Mantia spewing after winning WIC in Switzerland??"
gless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2007, 04:09 AM   #33
panch0
Senior Member
 
panch0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
my dear panco, what are you confused about? My date will be my buddy glessner aka, "gless" on the board.
__________________
Hasta la Pista!!
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:55 AM   #34
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

That was a fun weekend. Jessica, Jon b. and Renee are in the un-edited version of that pic. I have about a thousand more of those since gless and I have been best friends since 1995.

*he was definitely burping up clif bar
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2007, 12:19 PM   #35
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

The Chicagoland Marathon is three weeks away. Plenty of time for anyone and everyone that skates to make plans to come out and experience the fun of a marathon. There is nothing better than the buzz of excitement before and after a race. I feel like most of us that skate are warriors at heart and this is the chance to experience that feeling of pure animal instinct, no thinking, no talking, just pure adrenaline as your body takes over and your inner beast is unleashed. There is something about experiencing a maximum physical effort that takes you closer to that primordial self. Once you touch on that it gives you a much greater appreciation of yourself as a whole.

To all the skaters that feel like racing is for racers only, you're wrong baby. We all started out in our fitness skates. For most of us that race, we're not doing it because we're the best or the fastest or even have a shot at winning. We do it because it's our chance to feel the most alive that we can. It's our chance to feel like the salmon swimming up stream against the odds screaming out I want to live. I hate going to any event to watch. I wanna do it. All you skaters out there, if you were there watching, you'd wanna do it too. So remember this, it's gonna happen three weeks from now and now that I've reminded you, it's gonna stick in your brain and if you don't go, you'll be mad at yourself. Avoid that BS and get out there and be one of the skaters that said,
"Hell yeah, I did it and then I ate a large pizza all by myself!"

So do you want to be one of the ones that said:

Hell yeah, I did it!!!

or will you say:

"nah, I didn't go because insert non-life affirming reason here"
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2007, 05:47 PM   #36
panch0
Senior Member
 
panch0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
That was a fun weekend.




Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
The Chicagoland Marathon is three weeks away. Plenty of time for anyone and everyone that skates to make plans to come out and experience the fun of a marathon. There is nothing better than the buzz of excitement before and after a race. I feel like most of us that skate are warriors at heart and this is the chance to experience that feeling of pure animal instinct, no thinking, no talking, just pure adrenaline as your body takes over and your inner beast is unleashed. There is something about experiencing a maximum physical effort that takes you closer to that primordial self. Once you touch on that it gives you a much greater appreciation of yourself as a whole.

To all the skaters that feel like racing is for racers only, you're wrong baby. We all started out in our fitness skates. For most of us that race, we're not doing it because we're the best or the fastest or even have a shot at winning. We do it because it's our chance to feel the most alive that we can. It's our chance to feel like the salmon swimming up stream against the odds screaming out I want to live. I hate going to any event to watch. I wanna do it. All you skaters out there, if you were there watching, you'd wanna do it too. So remember this, it's gonna happen three weeks from now and now that I've reminded you, it's gonna stick in your brain and if you don't go, you'll be mad at yourself. Avoid that BS and get out there and be one of the skaters that said,
"Hell yeah, I did it and then I ate a large pizza all by myself!"

So do you want to be one of the ones that said:

Hell yeah, I did it!!!

or will you say:

"nah, I didn't go because insert non-life affirming reason here"
100% agreed!... sigh... maybe I should be you best friend Speedy!
__________________
Hasta la Pista!!
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 03:08 PM   #37
Bug
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10
Default

Does anyone know if this race still has a 2 hour time limit? I could have sworn I saw that on the website or on a flyer. If it was on the website, I don't see it anymore.
Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM   #38
Jessica
Queen of the Mile
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gless View Post
ahhemmm...I must protest the aforementioned post in the strongest of terms to the management of this message board. It contains offensive material including lies, embelishments and worst of all joke stealing! This is shocking behaviour and should not be tolerated on a civilzed forum such as this. I recomend punitive measures be taken against this user.

My points are as follows:

1. There was absolutely no spewing of any kind by me during any of today's climbs. There is absolutely no breakfast cliff bar residue to be found along today's route. The UN inspectors have issued their report and conclusively shown that there was absolutely no evidence of weapons of mass vomiting to be found in the entire countryside. (there was however slow climbing speeds and multiple drops occurring as noted in the footnotes of the report but that is irrelevant to the charges being presented here)

2. At the top of the second climb I'm the one who said...hey that climb reminds me "Did you hear about Joey Mantia spewing after winning WIC in Switzerland??"
The puking part may not be true but who can resist a smiley that pukes out of its nose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post


Which part of that's confusing? You should come up for it sometime
__________________
Eternally Hungry Skinsuited Weenie
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:02 PM   #39
panch0
Senior Member
 
panch0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Which part of that's confusing? You should come up for it sometime
I was just trying to see which is the fun part? Is it the skating in a happy group? Or is it that he was skating with gless on what seemed to be a prelude to the Chicagoland (with rainbowed letters) date?

__________________
Hasta la Pista!!
panch0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:47 PM   #40
gless
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kings Mills, OH
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post
:100% agreed!... sigh... maybe I should be you best friend Speedy!
last I heard he was looking for a "special" friend to share the hotel room with in Chicago. You might want to send him a PM if you are interested
gless is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.