S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old July 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #41
speedysktr
President of Everything

speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #42
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
I would urge any and all of the competitors to confer and make notes as soon as possible about what went right and what could have gone better. Do it while it's still fresh so you can find ways to improve for next year. Do it on a personal level and as a team.
Annalisa (my wife for those at home) and I already started jotting down things we could've done or brought to make the experience a little easier.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #43
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
Annalisa (my wife for those at home) and I already started jotting down things we could've done or brought to make the experience a little easier.
Vodka
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #44
panch0

I want to hear a big WoooOoooHoOooO for Annalisa!

I betcha she helped you guys a lot!
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #45
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post

My Pictures

More pictures will be added as I receive them, so keep checking back
Mike's pictures have been added! They start on page 7
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #46
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch0 View Post
I want to hear a big WoooOoooHoOooO for Annalisa!

I betcha she helped you guys a lot!
More than you can imagine, Pancho. She was my right-hand. I don't think I could've done it without her!
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:33 PM   #47
sk8crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post

I ran into one of your teammates at one point and asked about you, but I asked about sk8crazy rather than Christine and I think that confused her Hopefully I'll get to meet you next year.

Must have been one of the females from the other 2 teams in our paddock (yes we had to share with 2 other teams, talk about a tight space) as I was the only female on our team. I am really sorry not to have met you, but our team will be back next year for sure and we'll meet then. Or perhaps at another event ... we're going to Duluth & New York again this year.

Pleased that you all had a good time. It is probably one of my favorite events even though around 2:00 a.m. or so I am usually asking myself what the h**l I am doing?? But, I keep going back for more. I guess I just like the punishment.

Christine
sk8crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #48
PowerSnatch
Roller Derby Queen

Jessica,

I love the pic of your "model face." Very chic!

You guys are amazing for doing this, and so well. Great inspiration!

Contratulations!
New Orleans, Louisiana
PowerSnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #49
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8crazy View Post
Must have been one of the females from the other 2 teams in our paddock (yes we had to share with 2 other teams, talk about a tight space) as I was the only female on our team. I am really sorry not to have met you, but our team will be back next year for sure and we'll meet then. Or perhaps at another event ... we're going to Duluth & New York again this year.
I must have mixed you up with another team then, I thought I read somewhere you were in Furious? That's what she had printed on the back of her shirt. Anyway, no big deal - see you in Duluth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSnatch View Post
Jessica,

I love the pic of your "model face." Very chic!

You guys are amazing for doing this, and so well. Great inspiration!

Contratulations!
Hahaha - that was my Zoolander impression. Magnum to be exact
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #50
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Default FINALLY!

OK, I finally got my pictures and video uploaded. Here's the link:

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...r_Inline_Race/
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM   #51
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Chuck/Annalisa WOW!!! Great pictures, thank you so much!!
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #52
Bill

Congratulations Team Skate Log and More Cowbell!
For a job well done. It looks like a fun, and sounds like a lot of work.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your next event!
Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:37 AM   #53
dmoore
Stand and Deliver

You folks did an awesome job. Thanks for representing the Skatelog forum and for all your efforts.
MC - great to hear all your training got you to your goal.
Thanks for posting the pics and videos.
dmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #54
TermV

[QUOTE=Jessica;54446]I must have mixed you up with another team then, I thought I read somewhere you were in Furious? That's what she had printed on the back of her shirt. Anyway, no big deal - see you in Duluth.

As far as I know I'm the only skatelogger on Furious. If you asked one of us about sk8crazy then we probably would have looked at you as if you were a little crazy yourself. We were an all-Ottawa team.
TermV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #55
Intrepid

Finally back home Tuesday evening. What an incredible event in Montreal. There were skaters everywhere, pounding music, French and English, blue sky, puffy white clouds, showers, rain, monsoon rain, night, fireworks, blinkies, headlamps, glowsticks, sunrise, cyclone winds, bright sunshine, and lots of skating.

Congratulations Skate Log team for your finish in the top 10 of the very competitive Fitness category! The 24-hour race takes a lot of hard work on the track and in the paddocks, and the race requires a lot of attention to detail to make sure that everything goes right for 140 laps. The most amazing part is that the SL team exceeded in all aspects of the race which is truly remarkable considering that most of the team members had never met each other or practiced together until the day of the event. I saw many other teams during the race miss handoffs, not have racers ready in the transition zone, or not be as organized as the SL team.

For much of the race the SL team shared the same area in the transition zone with the Skaterís Quest teams as we waited for our skaters to come into the handoff area. I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking to many of the SL skaters and each had a smile and an intensity that was truly amazing. Thanks Kathie for making this possible.

I think the big yellow blur that passed me on my right in the straightaway at 9:00am on Sunday morning was Chuck.

Lawrence was remarkable. He skated to his plan, did not burn out like most of the solo skaters did early in the race, and worked his way up from deep in the pack until he finished third. The SQ team had the pleasure of having Lawrence and his sister, Dawn, join us for dinner the evening before the race and we learned just how nice and wonderful both of them are. Congratulations MC!

The SQ team took over 1,500 pictures and videos of the SQ and SL teams and of Lawrence including videos of his last two laps through the transition zone and his incredible finish. We will be posting and linking these over the next week. Here is a few:

SkateLog team captain

Cool team shirt

Members of the SL team banging cow bells from the top of the paddocks at the start of the race

Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #56
Intrepid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
OK, I finally got my pictures and video uploaded. Here's the link:

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...r_Inline_Race/
Chuck - great pictures, it was a pleasure meeting you in Montreal. In p7143475, you are hitching a ride behind Maureen (Mo) who was skater 5 on our rec team. In p7153587, I believe that is Margo (please excuse me if its not) being pulled in by Krista who was skater 7 on our fitness team (and the owner/coach of SQ).
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #57
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
Chuck - great pictures, it was a pleasure meeting you in Montreal. In p7143475, you are hitching a ride behind Maureen (Mo) who was skater 5 on our rec team. In p7153587, I believe that is Margo (please excuse me if its not) being pulled in by Krista who was skater 7 on our fitness team (and the owner/coach of SQ).
The picture that you pointed out was one of my best dry-weather laps. I caught Maureen and the other skater (who was wearing the same skinsuit as one that speedy owns, the saying on it escapes me though) just before the downhill section. We worked very well together for the last 2/3 of the lap.

When we finished, the other girl was so thankful to us that we helped her. It was one of my high points. It was so great that I hitched up to so many people willing to work together.
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #58
LezSk8

Location: Longwood, Florida, 1 1/2 miles from the Seminole Wekiva Trail.

Chuck, Thanks to you and Annalisa for the great photos. I spent an hour last night seeing the event through your lense. I especially liked her sequence shots coming into the transition area. I'm going to view it again today on my large monitor at work. You must have some powerful digital camera. Way to go and again, thanks!

LezSk8!
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:05 PM   #59
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LezSk8 View Post
Chuck, Thanks to you and Annalisa for the great photos. I spent an hour last night seeing the event through your lense. I especially liked her sequence shots coming into the transition area. I'm going to view it again today on my large monitor at work. You must have some powerful digital camera. Way to go and again, thanks!

LezSk8!
You're most welcome. I'm glad I'm able to share some of the experience that we had. It was overwhelming.

As for our camera, it's actually a lower-level dSLR. We have an Olympus E-Volt E-500, which I think was upgraded with the E-510, but the E-500 is still available with a 2-lens package for less than $800.

It works well for what I use it for, but I definitely need a better lens for low-light sporting events, like indoor short-track skating.
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #60
panch0

Chuck,

I like your new avatar pic! Much better than the motorcycle/skater one!