S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old January 12th, 2019, 04:45 PM   #41
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
... You are programmed to compete and win the day, even when no competition is in play...
In a general sense this is true about me... although it is not about "winning" but rather trying to help people overcome ignorance. I've tutored children in private and public schools. Over the decades I've mentored many junior engineers and designers.

I've found it is easy to help someone who "can't" do something and impossible to help someone who "won't".

It seems you are content to just screw around and do not care about making any sort of positive contributions. Again, so be it. But do not try to claim any sort of high ground or worth.
Old January 13th, 2019, 12:33 AM   #42
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
In a general sense this is true about me... although it is not about "winning" but rather trying to help people overcome ignorance. I've tutored children in private and public schools. Over the decades I've mentored many junior engineers and designers.

I've found it is easy to help someone who "can't" do something and impossible to help someone who "won't".

It seems you are content to just screw around and do not care about making any sort of positive contributions. Again, so be it. But do not try to claim any sort of high ground or worth.
It's called SOCIALIZING you moron. No one need be superior. It's the kind of thing a lot of women find frustrating about men. A woman complains about something, the man provides a solution. The woman rages, can't you just listen and interact? Not saying I am a woman, but can't you just interact without putting your presumed superiority on display? Because you are not superior. You're just another guy with an opinion.
Old January 14th, 2019, 01:31 AM   #43
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
... but can't you just interact without putting your presumed superiority on display? Because you are not superior. You're just another guy with an opinion.
I'm sorry, but I seem to be unable to walk away when people distribute things that are clearly and demonstrably false or purposely constructed to be misleading. To distribute these things for 'personal entertainment' is unconsionable.

Yes... I'm just another guy with an opinion. I also have a conscience. I also have a desire for a better world/life for my children, my grandchildren, and their children's children. I do not belive propagating untruths is consistent with making our world better.
Old January 14th, 2019, 04:15 AM   #44
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

*SIGH*

Quote:
Yes... I'm just another guy with an opinion.

YES. Finally. Progress.

I also have a conscience.

Uh oh. Here we go AGAIN. The foolish and false presumption of superiority.

I also have a desire for a better world/life for my children, my grandchildren, and their children's children.

And YOU are going to accomplish that goal by speaking out to the miniscule number of people that pass through this forum? That's pretty laughable logic. Once again putting your INFERIORITY on display. If you are so great and wonderful, so SUPERIOR, go to FB or Twitter and DAZZLE THE MASSES.

I do not belive propagating untruths is consistent with making our world better.
There's only a handful of people here. I just chit chat, and you insist on disbelieving I am just shooting the breeze, and that I have a grand nefarious plan to take over the world. And I am going to use Skatelog as my launching point. OK. You caught me. BWA HA HA HA HAAAAA.
Old January 14th, 2019, 04:26 AM   #45
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Rufus, you present with with such a childlike innocence and simplicity. I expect to make little impact here at SLF. I effectivly act on a local and regional level.
Old January 14th, 2019, 05:00 AM   #46
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Rufus, you present with with such a childlike innocence and simplicity. I expect to make little impact here at SLF. I effectivly act on a local and regional level.
Stay out of my way petty human.

The key to ruling the Alpha Quadrant is Skatelog. And it will be mine. MINE!
Old January 14th, 2019, 05:40 AM   #47
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
It's called SOCIALIZING you moron...
hmmm... socializing. Last night was "socializing" as I know it. We had folks over.

Pickleball friends, skating friends, family friends, children, grandchildren.
We discussed one's graphic arts contract work in China. Discussed another's service trip to Guatamala to build houses. Showed 'almost retime' photos of our friends from Mosow skiing in Italy. Talked with local college official about his plans for his upcoming trip to Mexico. Talked about our plans for an upcoming trip to a training camp with two other couples. We played some games, ate pizza, drank some beer, traded good natured jabs and had some belly laughs.

We didn't spread untruths or disparage others for our entertainment.
Old January 14th, 2019, 05:52 AM   #48
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
hmmm... socializing. Last night was "socializing" as I know it. We had folks over.

Pickleball friends, skating friends, family friends, children, grandchildren.
We discussed one's graphic arts contract work in China. Discussed another's service trip to Guatamala to build houses. Showed 'almost retime' photos of our friends from Mosow skiing in Italy. Talked with local college official about his plans for his upcoming trip to Mexico. Talked about our plans for an upcoming trip to a training camp with two other couples. We played some games, ate pizza, drank some beer, traded good natured jabs and had some belly laughs.

We didn't spread untruths or disparage others for our entertainment.
If things are so great, why the pathological need to be seen as superior. Feeling of inferiority, or actual inferiority spur the need to try to appear and be recognized as superior.

Oh, and another thing. While giving help to someone who wants it is a nice gesture. Trying to force help on those who don't want it is called oppression. Just wanted you to know the distinction.
Old January 14th, 2019, 06:30 AM   #49
bjvircks
Major Trouble

As I confessed earlier... I have a "weakness". I do not wish to knowingly allow someone to mislead others. Some might see this as RESISTING oppression.

So Rufus... you like San Antonio?

When I was there I spent some time at Lackland AFB around the SR-71. #79 is now on static display there. When I lived in SoCal (Moreno Valley) March AFB was just down the road. #75 is there. As far as I'm concerned the blackbird is the sexiest aircraft ever. EVER! I am so proud to have been a part of it.

edit: by the way... whenever the Prez came to SoCal the EW plane (electronic warfare) parked at March. It drove the locals nuts because garage door openers went coocoo.
Old January 14th, 2019, 06:46 AM   #50
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
As I confessed earlier... I have a "weakness". I do not wish to knowingly allow someone to mislead others. Some might see this as RESISTING oppression.

So Rufus... you like San Antonio?

When I was there I spent some time at Lackland AFB around the SR-71. #79 is now on static display there. When I lived in SoCal (Moreno Valley) March AFB was just down the road. #75 is there. As far as I'm concerned the blackbird is the sexiest aircraft ever. EVER! I am so proud to have been a part of it.
Sorry, but I am cutting off communication with you. You are clearly a compulsive personality. You have a twisted perception that you are helping people. You aren't. You oppress people. The first amendment was designed specifically to protect people like me, and many others, from people like you. You want to silence a man, me, who is speaking in a room with no people. How pathologically twisted is that? In my opinion, pretty twisted. And your efforts to engage in normal conversation is merely a means to keep the ball rolling, so that you can try to oppress later down the road. You have been interesting to study, but, generally, you are too toxic for my taste.
Old January 14th, 2019, 06:57 AM   #51
bjvircks
Major Trouble

So be it, Rufus.

Be emotionally healthy & stay healthy. You know the terms and talk the talk. Hope you can walk the walk.

One day at a time.
Old January 14th, 2019, 04:50 PM   #52
ursle
Street Skater

IMHO, I enjoy bjvircks informative, polite, intelligent post's.
While I'm never interested in Any of Rufus's Trolling, hundreds of complete BS threads, all of which are erroneous, none factual, all meant to disrupt, and now...rufus is crying about the way others perceive his Trolling.

Of course any Troll can post, but what motivates all the insecurity that this particular troll shows in humdreds of Trolling Threads.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 01:40 AM   #53
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
IMHO, I enjoy bjvircks informative, polite, intelligent post's.
While I'm never interested in Any of Rufus's Trolling, hundreds of complete BS threads, all of which are erroneous, none factual, all meant to disrupt, and now...rufus is crying about the way others perceive his Trolling.

Of course any Troll can post, but what motivates all the insecurity that this particular troll shows in humdreds of Trolling Threads.
I've wondered if you and bjvircks should ignore Rufus and ferocious, and vice versa. Of course, the off topic section would probably be as dead as the rest of the forum is lately, so maybe not.
Dec8rSk8r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 02:03 AM   #54
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
I've wondered if you and bjvircks should ignore Rufus and ferocious, and vice versa. Of course, the off topic section would probably be as dead as the rest of the forum is lately, so maybe not.
I usually don't see ursles' posts unless someone quotes them.

Never interested in my posts? Tighten your seatbelt bro, you are my biggest fan. (It'll be curious to see what kind of reaction that gets. )
Old January 15th, 2019, 05:51 PM   #55
fierocious1

Quote:
It could be a good thing... lol. I dont see ursle posts unless someone replies to a post. No problem for me at all. Talking to communist wanna be's is not required.
Old January 15th, 2019, 11:33 PM   #56
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
It could be a good thing... lol. I dont see ursle posts unless someone replies to a post. No problem for me at all. Talking to communist wanna be's is not required.
ursle is just non-sense. He'll just spout liberal talking points, in context or out of context. It is a monolog, not a dialog. bjvircks was always been just a mild annoyance until I decided to dig into him a bit more. He is a compulsive sociopath. He wants to oppress and dominate. Not cool. Two different types of not worth it.
Old January 16th, 2019, 09:59 PM   #57
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
Several years ago I left a sports club of which I was a director because a vet with a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and a host of related behavioral/social issues had a situtiation with me which could not be resolved. I elected to leave the club and vacate my position because he needed the friends and support the club provided so much more than I needed to participate. The board and club wanted me to stay but I knew the guy needed a safe space and just my presence would be a constant aggravation to him.

So be it. He needed the emotional support more than I needed to participate.

Is this how all significant contributors here are driven off?
Old January 16th, 2019, 10:17 PM   #58
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Red face

Ooops, Dec8tr... sorry to grab your pant-leg and drag you into this dysfunctional downward spiral!!!

Old January 17th, 2019, 06:34 AM   #59
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
...cutting off communication
...compulsive personality
...twisted perception
...oppress people
...first amendment
...pathologically twisted
...compulsive sociopath
...too toxic
Rufus... these are things/terms you've tossed at me recently. Therapists recognize a burst attack like this as a defensive mechanism from a troubled psyche recognizing the need for but resisting growth.

The closer someone gets to 'the demon' the more viciously it fights, much like a scared cornered animal.

San Antonio has lots of resources.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:12 PM   #60
ursle
Street Skater

IMHO, the troubled psyche in this case is chemically induced, fueled by alcohol and voices from within (which are chemically induced)
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote