S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old December 18th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #1
elina

Default Shopping for Snow White Figure Skates

Hi every one,
I am looking for snow white figure skating shos for my nice. I am not very knowlegable about it... but I am looking for some thing decent. I looked at http://www.shopskategear.com/ but the cheapest one I found there was, $493. which is expensive for me.
Do you guys know of any other store or website that I can get it for cheaper. I dont even mind used ones.
currently she has the elementary ones but they are so heavy.
Pls email me with any info
ssaboohe@yahoo.com

ps. I think very limited stores have thses b/c I searched alot on the internet. I can find four wheels(quad) but not the ones with 3 wheels (lnline).!!!???
elina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #2
Lisa_D

Hi Elina.

I just bought some snow white frames (I already had ice-skating boots though). I did a lot of research, and decided upon the snow whites mainly because of what the majority of people are wearing and their feedback. Also because I contacted Arthur Lee who created and distributes them. The customer service is amazing.

I'm in Australia and it has only cost me $30 (USD) to have them shipped express (3-5 days). His prices are very reasonable, and you can buy a complete entry level set with boot/frame. I am fairly sure that for children the pricing is cheaper.

Not sure where you're located, but do have a look at the snow white website and contact Arthur directly if you are unable to find a local distributor (on his distributor link).

The website is: www.inlinefigure.com and you'll find distributors in:
Benelux, Brazil, China, Italy, Germany, Iran, Singapore, Taiwan, and U.S.

Their entry level skate comes with a regular inline boot, but with a 4-wheel frame and are US$75. So if you are looking for beginner level skates and don't want to pay too much to start with, these look to be ok? Probably best to email Arthur first. They get the sizing by obtaining foot measurements/tracing.

Good luck with it all!
Lisa_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 02:51 AM   #3
CHC

Default Follow up

Hey Lisa,

Let me (and all of us on skatelog) know how you go with the Snow Whites! All the best!

By the way, I sent you an email last week (just in case you haven't received it).

Take care!
CHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 06:36 AM   #4
Lisa_D

Hey there! I got your email (unless you sent more???) and replied to you. Well, my frames came yesterday which is pretty amazing considering I ordered them late Friday afternoon (so technically 2 working days to receive).

I've put them together and Arthur is such a sweetie. He's so helpful. Nothing's a problem. I just have to put them onto my boots. I'm thinking about taking them to the place where they put the ice blades on previously... I want to make sure I've got them correctly balanced.

I'm so impatient though! I want to wear them like YESTERDAY!!!!!

What did you do with yours? Did you get yours done at the Sunshine Rink?

Regards,
Lisa.
Lisa_D is offline   Reply With Quote