S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old August 15th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #1
artskater14

Default triax frames?

hello all! i am a novice at quad art skating, and i figured since i just started on quads a little bit ago, why not try inline at the same time?

i was thinking of trying inline for quite some time now since seeing it at nat'ls, and i was wonderring where i could get a size 10.5/11 triax frame.

i was looking at the pic, but i dont think that it would be the best choice for me, and when i went on snyder's website, i could not find any prices!!! i know on the informational part of this site, the girl was comparing and contrasting the two types, and she said that the triax would be the better choice for quad skaters, and she said that they retail for around $350, but she has seen them on the web for around $120!... i was thinking more around the 120 area...

thank you very much!!!

brandon
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Wendy Hammond

You'd be far better looking at Snow White plates - don't know of anyone who skates Triax - is there anyone out there skating Triax????
Wendy Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #3
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Hammond View Post
You'd be far better looking at Snow White plates - don't know of anyone who skates Triax - is there anyone out there skating Triax????

Aubrey Orcutt use to skate worlds on the triax at one time, not sure if she did the last time she skated inlines though. good plate similar to the snow white i think.
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #4
jkaplenk
Skating Afficiondo

Smile Not anymore

Triax used to be quite poplular with quad skaters wanting to do inline. But the wheels are not rockered which makes it more difficult to do spins and footwork. Which is why I suspect they lost favor among other reasons. The rocker allows you to have only two wheels in contact at the same time allow better maneuverability.

The most talked about frame is the Snow Whilte. There is also the PIC frame and the Custom Inline. The Custom Inline allows the middle wheel to be adjust in height, which helps for skaters that might not fit the standard weight range for fixed height axles on frames, like me. I've used all three, Snow White, PIC and Custom Inline, but not the Triax.

The Triax can be made to emulate the others and get a rocker by making the middle wheel bigger than the other two.

There are some previous discussions in this group about these frames.

Joe Kaplenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by artskater14 View Post
hello all! i am a novice at quad art skating, and i figured since i just started on quads a little bit ago, why not try inline at the same time?

i was thinking of trying inline for quite some time now since seeing it at nat'ls, and i was wonderring where i could get a size 10.5/11 triax frame.

i was looking at the pic, but i dont think that it would be the best choice for me, and when i went on snyder's website, i could not find any prices!!! i know on the informational part of this site, the girl was comparing and contrasting the two types, and she said that the triax would be the better choice for quad skaters, and she said that they retail for around $350, but she has seen them on the web for around $120!... i was thinking more around the 120 area...

thank you very much!!!

brandon
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #5
artskater14

ok... thanks everyone!!!

i was looking at the snow white frames, and i think i am going to go with them... i was going to go for the skate outfit that has the chorus edea boot, so hopefully it doesnt mess up my ankles...

and + it will be my 'Edea 101' course to see if i like them...

so does the snow white frame have the rockered wheels?

thanks again!
brandon
Old August 19th, 2008, 01:43 AM   #6
jkaplenk
Skating Afficiondo

Smile Rockered

Yes the Snow White Frames do have rockered wheels.

Joe Kaplenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by artskater14 View Post
ok... thanks everyone!!!

i was looking at the snow white frames, and i think i am going to go with them... i was going to go for the skate outfit that has the chorus edea boot, so hopefully it doesnt mess up my ankles...

and + it will be my 'Edea 101' course to see if i like them...

so does the snow white frame have the rockered wheels?

thanks again!
brandon