S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Old March 21st, 2009, 12:57 AM   #1
7Skaters

Default Toledo, Ohio Area??

I can't be the only one here...can I??

Any others in the area up for metting up for the Sat. morning sessions? POSSIBLY Sat. afternoon or Sun. afternoon sessions at Ohio Skate, Maumee??
7Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:05 PM   #2
Randy Edwards

I just seen this ...I am always up for traveling, meeting and skating with skateloggers mid-end April is best for me at this point
Randy Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:00 PM   #3
7Skaters

Hey Randy, we'd be glad to have up (over?...down?? LOL) sometime.

Stay the weekend, we could hit 'em both.

There's also an Ohio Skate in West Toledo, but we all prefer the one in Maumee.

Both rinks built by the same people, but the owner's daughter still runs the one in Maumee. The manager of the other is currently in the process of buying it, last I heard. I gave a bit more detail about both in the thread...umm...rats, can't remember...but I think it was the one where we were all talking about what makes a rink "good".

Just a warning...neither of them are the cool "do what you want" types...but they do have times for opposite, backwards, etc.

As far as I know, Dennis (Lauer - sorry if I spelled it wrong, Dennis!!) and I are the only ones here, but we've been meeting up weekly for about 3 or 4 weeks now at the Sat. morning (11 AM - 2 PM) session. Lots of b-day parties then, but still usually not too many people total so you've got quite a bit of "free space".

Since hubby got his skates, I think he's almost as anxious as I am to hit the rink, as well as the kids, but 3 of mine still prefer the game room. BLAH! LOL

Oh, and be sure to bring some spare wheels. Spring here is a bit iffy...if it gets warm quick the rink is like ice, otherwise it's pretty good. Nice maple, no treatments or anything, but when it warms up quickly, the humidity all goes to the floor. Today, it didn't warm up too fast so no wheel changes were needed, thankfully.

Let me (and/or Dennis) know when you plan on commin' up so we can be sure to be there! The more the merrier.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Dennis Lauer

7Skaters
You did spell my name correctly.

A get together at the rink sounds good to me.
Dennis Lauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:25 PM   #5
7Skaters

Oh, Dennis!! I WISH you could have stayed longer!!

My mom took all the kids so hubby and I got an extra hour and a half to ourselves.

12 yr. old kid at the afternoon session...he was AWESOME!!! Don't know what all the steps are called, but he was doing some amazing things, even taught hubby a trick or two! LOL

I'm hoping, at the later session, there are more like him (2 newer skaters did try to copy him a bit, failed miserably, but kept picking themselves up off the floor to try again and again....and again)...I wish they'd allow video!!! I'm seriously tempted to take my digital camera next week in hopes that he's there. Maybe I could sneak a video of this kid.

I do kinda wish my kids were there to see him, too...then again, probably wouldn't be a good idea. Our son is a bit of a clutz, he needs to skate a little more before he tries any of that stuff. Last thing I want to do is end the session early due to a trip to the ER. LOL
Old April 5th, 2009, 05:49 AM   #6
Randy Edwards

Dennis

It was good meeting you ... our next group skate will be in Columbus date,time and location is pending , I will see if the guys wanna come up your way to skate with 7skaters and you

I'm thinking May or June

Randy
Randy Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #7
7Skaters

May or June is great...but I know I will be busy June 27th...actually, June 23rd through June 27th.

I could explain, but ANYONE reading this thread would just laugh at me. LOL
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #8
Dennis Lauer

Randy

I had a great night at Zoomers last night.

Special thanks to 73 watermutt for helping me find another kingpin for my skates, fortunately I did not fall when my front truck decided to separate from my skate and the kingpin enabled me to skate the rest of the evening.

Bretman and Fireproof it was good meeting you last night.

It was so enjoyable talking skating with people who really care about it.

Dennis Lauer
Dennis Lauer is offline   Reply With Quote