S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old March 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #201
JandKLarson

Default Good luck to all skating Squiggy!

I wanted to wish everyone who is skating the marathon or half-marathon tomorrow in Tampa at Squiggy the best of luck!! Hopefully the wind will die down and we'll be hearing about lots of personal bests.

And to skateloggers who have flown in for the event, hope your trip down was smooth. Hubby Kevin and his teammates missed their connecting flight last night and only arrived in Tampa around noontime today instead of last night. His other teammates, including Nikko (who some of you know), ended up in Tampa over 6 hours late last night.

And to organizers and fellow skateloggers Jessica and Birgit - best of luck to both of you as well!! Although I couldn't be there personally to support the event this year, I think I speak for many who applaud your willingness to step up to the plate and help another skating event to grow rather than go by the wayside!! Hopefully I can get there next year Have a couple margaritas tomorrow night ladies and celebrate - kudos to you both!!!

Julie
JandKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #202
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

Results for Squiggy - pictures and some "movies" will be uploaded tomorrow - this one needs some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But first a HUGE THANKS TO ALL, skaters, sponsors! Thanks for all the "mental support" through this first year as Squiggy organizers - thanks for all the hugs and kisses. And yes we will be ready next year in the second weekend of March, with and even bigger and better event!!!

And thanks to our timing Gods from Tri and Duit - wuauww were they a pleasure to work with and what a great product they delivered! Well Done - Thanks!

All results for Time Trials, Half Marathon and Full Marathon.

Last edited by Birgit; March 11th, 2008 at 03:17 PM.
Birgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #203
LezSk8

Location: Longwood, Florida, 1 1/2 miles from the Seminole Wekiva Trail.
Default Kudos for everyone who made this Squiggy so Great

Thanks Jessica, Birgit and all the volunteers, sponsors and participants for making this such a special and great event! Skate events of such high quality don't just "roll of a truck" for us to enjoy. Countless hours of planning and taking care of the numerous details leading up to, during, and following the event must be attended too and they were. Thanks too to
Mark, who was their "right-hand-man" doing "whatever" when they thought of something that was needed. He not only delivered, but rolled to a great marathon time as well. Strong show everyone.

My Squiggy "highlight" was (No, not my skating) but the chance to know so many SLF members better. Thanks to you all for making the event so special for the "ole man".

LezSk8!
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #204
Rabidroller

Default Squiggy - a home run!!

Congratulations to Birgit, Jessica, and all the volunteers for making it happen in a BIG way! SO many new & improved things: Chip timing for the time trials, half, and full marathon - that's a biggie! Addition of a half-marathon! Age group awards! Standing start to both races (vs the grossly unfair rolling start of previous years!); top quality T-shirts! Great announcer (the indoor skating coach - sorry forgot his name but he did a superlative job); flawless execution! Free massages; good refreshments; great lineup of drawing prizes; AND RECORD TURNOUT!! I'm probably forgetting something but anyway, way to go Birgit & Jessica and everyone who pitched into help. Birgit's trademark sense of humor kept us well entertained as well.
Rabidroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #205
tdellaringa
Charlie Brown on Skates

I'll post more info tomorrow about my visit (I'm totally wiped!) But I have to say 5 stars to Jess and Birgit for running a Class A-1 event, you guys did a heck of a job.
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #206
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgit View Post
Bill and everybody else

I have not said anything about the specifics of the lawsuit - and that will be my viewpoint till it is settled in court.

But yes I and squiggyclassicinline.com was served with a civil lawsuit from the former organizer Dec. 28 2007 about copyright infringement, it was filled "pro se" and filled in Federal Court. I have a lawyer and the lawsuit is in "discovery process" and then it will go to court with a jury. When that is, I have no idea.

One thing I will say though is that I have all the legal documents and those are public records, so if anybody wants to read the premises of the case, I'll send you the files. In those files is also my plead/viewpoint/arguments.

What I will not say is any details and what I think of this and that - yes I have a very clear viewpoint on this - but I will not make it a discussion on a board that is about skating. The lawsuit is filed and my lawyer and the person that filed it against me are taking care of it.

So please board, I know this is just too exciting to discuss here in the midst of winter, where lots of us can't skate. But I beg to you that stop the speculations online and just contact me in person if you have any questions.
As long as this is in "discovery" with the lawyers any discussion/speculation etc is actually not helping me nor the race.

I had hoped that it would not go public, but after this series of emails that has been sent - I guess it has So please let's stop this discussion, let's concentrate on what we are here for, namely to skate and discuss skating.

I will promise that I will let you guys know the outcome of the case, but let the lawyers and courts do their job.

But thanks for all the support and I promise that I, Jessica and Jim will do our outmost to make it a very very good event.

Ok so more than a year ago I promised to tell the story when it was out of the court system and today I can say happy and all that

I WON
I WON
I WON

I will put up a press release as soon as my lawyers are done with it - so for know all I'll say is that the case was for a 7 person jury in the Federal Court in Tampa and let me say it one more time

I WON
I WON
I WON

More very soon!!!

And thanks to you all for the amazing support both I and Jessica and Squiggy Classic Inline have been shown through this past year.

Thanks I owe you all a huge big hug!!! Come collect next time you see me!!!

ohh and btw we have Squiggy Classic Inline 2009 in just a very few days - come and skate and have fun!!
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #207
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgit View Post
I WON
I WON
I WON
Woo Hoo! Congratulations!
Bill in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote