S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old June 19th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #21
More Cowbell
Curiously Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOU solitaire View Post
Hi Lawrence.

I broken my world record with - a littel - drafting 574.56 km (357 miles) in 23:53 (579km in 24:08 = 359.85 miles).
In September in Lyon, France, I shall make an attempt to break the world record officile broken in 2008 by the dutchman Henry Visscher with 541km 336.23 miles, and in 2004 by Italian Mauro Guenci with 543.5km 337.8 miles.

The European are the most motivated on long distances these last years.

Montreal is near USA, but where were the American solos in Montreal? Lawrence was hurt (knee damaged), but on a country of 250 millions ?, where were solos (soli) ?
Congratulations on another victory and another world record, Philippe! I am looking forward to hearing about your result in September.

To answer your question...

1. Inline skating is much less popular in the USA than in Europe (or than in Canada, it seems).

2. American skaters don't like really long distances. The most popular distance is 42K, and after that interest declines rapidly. Our premier long distance race -- Athens to Atlanta -- continually teeters on the verge of cancellation.

3. The American skaters who have solo-skated Montreal before -- me, Johnny Chen, Bryan McKenney, Mark Sibert, Brian Shicoff, etc. -- either had other projects going this year, or skated in the relay.
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #22
Intrepid

The number of soloists was down this year compared to last year. I know where one previous soloist went - Brian Shicoff was on our fitness team. He was a great addition to the team and he has an fantastic sense of humor which was priceless at 3:00am on Sunday morning.

BTW - earlier this year I asked MC if he would consider skating with SQ but unfortunately he could not make that happen.
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #23
LOU solitaire

The European are the best over 24 hours solo, alone of course (Guenci, Visscher officially and Coussy drafted etc.).
Since the 'stop' of Kent Baake and Sandy Snakenberg, the Americans make no more superiority complex, as before.
In Europe we say that they do not like losing. Really ??
And english people for example, are warriors and very more fair-play.
Jonathan Seutter where are you? For what wait you to prepare of the other one official attempts to take back your 24 hours world record?
Old August 29th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #24
Team Shicoff
Vegan Endurance Athlete

What a great thread. I'm glad I checked back for this!

First off, Intrepid - Thank you for the kind words! I was so happy to be a part of the Skater's Quest team, and am thankful y'all had a spot for me last minute. We had a great time and if I weren't considering solo'ing the race in the future, I'd hope to join the SQ team again. The team organization was excellent and anyone wishing to race for the first time would be lucky to get a chance to skate for SQ.

Second, LOU -- What lovely trash-talking! I hope the idiom is not lost on you. All I can say is congrats to you for all you have accomplished so far! And perhaps we can rally the US and Canada skaters to give you some competition in 2010
Team Shicoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #25
LOU solitaire

Default To break the 24 hours record ??

Thank you, I hope that there will be next year many American and Canadian skaters from 24 Montreal.
On Friday, September 25th at 8 pm, I am going to make an attempt against the world record of the 24 hours of Henry Visscher NDL (2008 august 28).
There are international, European judges, successful computing, and anti-doping controle to approve the record. click here

We shall know about it more in a week!

Where is the old post from Lawrence Pelo ?

Last edited by LOU solitaire; September 18th, 2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: bad english...
LOU solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote