S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old December 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #1
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Default Any sign of Gold Skate yet?

I thought I would see if any rinks have started with routines or/and show numbers...any hints?
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #2
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastskater View Post

I thought I would see if any rinks have started with routines or/and show numbers...any hints?
We have!! but it's on a need to know basis. we will be doing our pre goldskater show in january. and have been working oon them for a month now. we have a kids group that is too cute, and the older kid group which, has older skaters. where you at the rwc club last night?
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #3
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
We have!! but it's on a need to know basis. we will be doing our pre goldskater show in january. and have been working oon them for a month now. we have a kids group that is too cute, and the older kid group which, has older skaters. where you at the rwc club last night?
Bill, this means a great performance!~ Now, I would love to touch on a show issue for some of us with a possible means (time) may then be able to come and see the shows...all dates for shows would be appreciated!

Bill, thank u so much for the 411~ I will be looking forward to San Jose's performance. Did any skaters get to make the San Jose parade? I knew it was the 27 th year?
Old December 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #4
Mom2Skaters

Quote:

Yup, we've started. But if I tell you...
Artistic Skate Videos
[URL]www.youtube.com/ArtisticRollerSkatin[/URL]
Mom2Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #5
Bill

Quote:
Bill, this means a great performance!~ Now, I would love to touch on a show issue for some of us with a possible means (time) may then be able to come and see the shows...all dates for shows would be appreciated!

Bill, thank u so much for the 411~ I will be looking forward to San Jose's performance. Did any skaters get to make the San Jose parade? I knew it was the 27 th year?

the san jose club has a january show I'll keep you postedit's more of a dress rehersal, and a fund raiser.I'll send you a pm about some news(gossip).that might be of interest to younothing too juicy I don't get the good stuff.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Bill

saw an old buddy at my rink last night he's skating out of another club but his partner punched him when he spilled the news that they started gold skate practice, she was really annoyed when he mentioned details about it. so all 3 clubs in my are will be skating at least a group number. and my friend at the santa cruz rink is working with one of her young skaters.
I'm booking my room, Bill
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM   #7
james pollard jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
saw an old buddy at my rink last night he's skating out of another club but his partner punched him when he spilled the news that they started gold skate practice, she was really annoyed when he mentioned details about it. so all 3 clubs in my are will be skating at least a group number. and my friend at the santa cruz rink is working with one of her young skaters.
I'm booking my room, Bill
take LOTS of pictures Bill... After Christmas, gold skate always comes up fast..
james pollard jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by james pollard jr View Post
take LOTS of pictures Bill... After Christmas, gold skate always comes up fast..
yes sir!! I*might even take some good ones will you be there???
Old December 29th, 2008, 04:06 AM   #9
Gil

Default Goldskate

There seems to be a complete void of information on Goldskate. Even my coach has not received any registration forms etc. I cant find anything on the internet. Anybody got any idea how to find out what is going on? Thx
Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #10
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
There seems to be a complete void of information on Goldskate. Even my coach has not received any registration forms etc. I cant find anything on the internet. Anybody got any idea how to find out what is going on? Thx
http://www.usarollersports.org/vnews/display.v Tommy andrew was the go to guy for much of what you are looking for, he passed away last year. the e-mail and phone numbers were his contact numbers but you can try them./ART/476ad09ebd532 What region are you skating in all the coaches in my area are up to speed with gold skate even the new coaches...Bill
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:22 AM   #11
CANative64

Thanks for the link.

The dates given within the link are for 2008 as well as 2007.

Is the info exactly the same for 2009? Obviously the competition dates aren't. But perhaps the other pertinent info is?

Peace

canative64
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:41 PM   #12
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANative64 View Post
Thanks for the link.

The dates given within the link are for 2008 as well as 2007.

Is the info exactly the same for 2009? Obviously the competition dates aren't. But perhaps the other pertinent info is?

Peace

canative64
I think most of the info should be good but I hope his coach would know someone who will know. curious whart region he is skating out ofeven the brand new coaches in my club know what is going on. if the club has more then one coach I'm sure they can answer any questions. gill?
Old December 31st, 2008, 09:50 PM   #13
Gil

Default Thanks

Coach confirmed we are in. Evidently, with many coaches only one got the package. But, he's taking care of it for us. We skate out of Glendale.
Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 12:08 AM   #14
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Coach confirmed we are in. Evidently, with many coaches only one got the package. But, he's taking care of it for us. We skate out of Glendale.
Glendale excellent you always have the best group numbers. wheels of glory was great but my favorite was in 2002 desert fabtasyhttp://skaterbill.com/goldskate/GS2002Glendale+Group+number.wmv

last year you had great costumes and an awesome productiion number.
looking forward to seeing what you skate
Old January 1st, 2009, 09:21 PM   #15
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

I know this may seem out in left field, but the one thing I have noticed is the age difference, and this is not without saying the same for the last 30 years. Now, many of you might think this stupid, but what about a senior or older persons and/or couple's creative dance? Most of you know if anyone is going to give some boogie by gum, oh yes "we know that song" and "yes we can name that tune" Though the numbers are so bad, might the consideration of some possible new introductions for this Goldskate be seeked?

what other events might you think could or should be brought forth?
any? anyone?
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #16
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

So meet up or the photo that never was?

We should atleast try for one or two, but again all talk and no work makes Jack a Dull boy
Old January 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #17
Bill

Quote:
So meet up or the photo that never was?

We should atleast try for one or two, but again all talk and no work makes Jack a Dull boy
I saw mary lu, and sp clifford Hadi, and that was it from the forum, I might have been standing next to you but didn't know who you were. I have a few extra skate log forum tee shirts, I'm easier to spot a guy with a big camera limping around. last years venue was new that threw me off. this year we can plan a meeting spot ahead of time. I'll also alwats carry my little camera its great for this the type of photo we need for the forum shoot. outside at the quiznos migh be a good place to meet I know I'll need food. in fact I'm hungry now!! or we could hang out at ricks favorite spot the. raddison bar.that is a fun place with comfy seats. on sunday night. I booked my room.
alrready. Sharon, thank you foor vollenteering to organize the skate log forum photo. I don't getaround that good anymore or I would have. I'll help gather the northern members Marylu or stacey can try to get the southern members, It will be like herding cats.... if we can get Kathie to make an apperaance that will be perfect. I think and we should doit right and do a RANDELL PHOTO. that way it will be perfect.
maybe before the saturday afternoon break. then we can all go to dinner.
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #18
rwsz

come on now Bill give me a break your going to make everybody here think i am an alcoholic lol. not the raddison bar but the embassys at nationals lol. but the raddison will do too. only an alcoholic at nationals lol
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #19
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
come on now Bill give me a break your going to make everybody here think i am an alcoholic lol. not the raddison bar but the embassys at nationals lol. but the raddison will do too. only an alcoholic at nationals lol
OK rick I won't even mention y the short guy you were hanging out with, or... no won't go there...:P
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #20
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Well, it is up to us for this venture into preserving the skatelog
anyhow, it is very hard indeed for me on my level with Kathie, for an appearance, Bill I have heard you did meet with her in past, and might you be able to address such an issue to her? It would indeed be a great photo! I know she is very busy, but do let us know.

I think the raddison is a great move, and it will be crowded, which I think in the bar area is not able for reservations, but with munchies and happy hour, we should be able to slide through for our fix! Let's keep this place in mind, the break is only an hour or so?

please rick join us...there is alcohol available