S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old May 25th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #21
Bexskater

I'm in the process of having all my ones for this year made so have only got photos of Worlds last year...

Dance: I started breathing in the feathers on my shoulder about half-way through Starlight Waltz... sure as hell didn't help with my breathing problems...

OD: For Cha Cha... didn't manage to get many good photos of this one... Nice & Bright eh!

Finally Freedance: Not really relevant to the freedance but it's hard to come up with an outfit for Tango, Blues & Jive...

There's a couple of mine!... Or alot of mine... either way x
Bexskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #22
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

they're all great Bex.. love them! did u make any?
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:57 AM   #23
rwsz

Jayson good job, no more makeup though or masks with the new rules. you sew quite well. you probably picked up a few hints from Petra as she does quite a few also.
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #24
rwsz

Great pics Becky, no feathers this year i hope around the arms or neck to hinder you.
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #25
Bexskater

No idea how to make them unfortunately... would love to though... my partner's mum makes them. I decorate them myself though... alongside with my partner's aunt... Would love to do more on them but don't want to seem like I don't want his aunt's input on them?

We got caught out on that mask thing... face painted one on Nick for when we done phantom of the opera and it was only about a month after that they banned it lol... his was quite scary looking though tbh... x
Bexskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #26
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Jayson good job, no more makeup though or masks with the new rules. you sew quite well. you probably picked up a few hints from Petra as she does quite a few also.
actually Petra was a little horrified by my unorthodox approach to sewing! like most things, thats how I like it! haha... I even did some of her sewing while I was there! I had the best 2months in Ohio with April and Petra..
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #27
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
actually Petra was a little horrified by my unorthodox approach to sewing! like most things, thats how I like it! haha... I even did some of her sewing while I was there! I had the best 2months in Ohio with April and Petra..
hey nothing wrong with a little freestyling on sewing lol. yes April another great figure and singles skater.....funniest thing i ever saw was one year at nationals i think she got the silver in freestyle, she went to get her medal and hit the toe stop or something and literally flew through the air a couple of feet, got on and cursied (spelling),,,,,,smiled,,,,was so funny after such a great program.
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #28
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Thank you so much for sharing!
Very nice photos
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #29
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Quote:
Hey I'm impressed! Now I want a sewing machine again, lol. All I have left really are my outfits I made for my teddy bears.

But when you cut, besides the half extra inch for seams, how much do you add to the measurements for the top part? I'm kinda unorthodoxed myself. Got a few patterns, then cut and sew to fit, lol.
roller_dudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #30
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

I've NEVER used a pattern in my life for skating outfits, and it wasnt until I had to grade sizes that I used patterns for more conventional garments... however, for me it was always just pick up the scissors and cut.. and I cut way smaller than the size in lycra.. never to fit.. coz its always going to be too BIG! Mums always wanted the pattern for my skating pants, b/c the crotch never sagged.. had to break their heart and tell them there wasnt one! I have industrial sewing machines/overlocker so there was never any waste, and on an industrial overlocker - them teeth bite at 3,000 stitches a minute!!!
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:23 AM   #31
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Basically, I learned by making outfits for all my teddy bears and dogs first, lol. Yes, they hated me when I did this. But it was just cut and fit. They had this contest though for halloween and my doggies won!

But man, I want a sewing machine now. I would like to make some jazz type of pants and find 1/8th to 1/4th inch hexpad foam for certain areas if I wish, just to practice in, lol. Or maybe just get some thick leather for certain parts so my pants dont end up wholy.
roller_dudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:54 PM   #32
angoraknitter

Default Now that's what I'm talking about...Yeah pics!

I guess this style would be considered old school 1990's...but it's what I know.
angoraknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:44 AM   #33
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

thats cute!! honestly, kids little costumes are timeless.. because basically a practise leo is a leo.. they all look much the same.. the trick is coming up with something amazing for the comps to blow em away! even for kids!!

more so now tho, especially at our rink... you see all the young girls wearing flat wrap mini skirt style, or less frills at least... or 'dress style' leos.. not too many with the full circle cut skirts..
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #34
angoraknitter

Quote:
more so now tho, especially at our rink... you see all the young girls wearing flat wrap mini skirt style, or less frills at least... or 'dress style' leos.. not too many with the full circle cut skirts..
All the kids at our rink just love those flat wrap types with the deep points in the front and back...the triangle skirt I think...I just can't fall in love with those. The coach asked me to skate around the floor with a cut out skirt so they could see how it looked and I couldn't get over the tails flapping between my leg thing. Deep Sigh....I love the old full circle skirts, I sure wish I could bring them back into vogue, lol.

I just ordered up a bunch of swarosvki crystals for a dress I plan to make my daughter, wohoo I don't think those have gone out of style I can't wait till they arrive so I can get started.
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #35
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angoraknitter View Post
All the kids at our rink just love those flat wrap types with the deep points in the front and back...the triangle skirt I think...
yeh, they did go through that phase too.. but now its the straight across look, basic style like a mini skirt! here's a pic

Old May 30th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #36
angoraknitter

I think I like that better...but after three kids...the bare belly isn't going to fly, roflol. No way I'm going to sport my muffin top but the skirt I like.
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:28 AM   #37
ncsk8rgirl
Discovered SEDS on 1/1/08

lol.. just modify the length of the top to hit just below the top of the skirt (like a long tankini) and you are set
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:06 AM   #38
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsk8rgirl View Post
lol.. just modify the length of the top to hit just below the top of the skirt (like a long tankini) and you are set

a tankini? omg, that i've never heard of!! she may as wear a full leo underneath with the wrap ... but these girls as you can see are super fit! and not afraid to show a bit of skin! You should see some of the other outfits at our rink tho! they are hideous!!
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #39
ncsk8rgirl
Discovered SEDS on 1/1/08

A tankini is a 2 piece bathing suit! They are very similar to the suits the girls have on in your picture. Some have shorter "tank tops" and some have longer "tank tops" hence the name tankini (tank/bikini)
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #40
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsk8rgirl View Post
A tankini is a 2 piece bathing suit! ... hence the name tankini (tank/bikini)
.. i get it, the sort of outfit you would see Carson Kressley(Queer Eye for the Straight Guy fame) glare at in horror and then throw it out the window insisting it never be seen again!