S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:16 PM   #21
Bill

Hi Mary,
Thanks, nice job of putting it all together in one post!
Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM   #22
pacificsk8r

I'm very excited and thrilled to see this broadcast via internet. Awesome! Thanks to USA Rollersports for enabling this. I watched the Sophomore A Ladies Freeskate this a.m. from my living room!

Gotta go now, I'm a little behind schedule now, LOL!
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM   #23
Bill

I watched Inline Creative last night, it was cool to watch the skating and the awards.
I also watched most of the Sophomore Ladies Elimination. Does anyone know who made it to the final?

the Soph Ladies final is tonight, so I guess I'll find out then!

Webcasting Nationals is a very cool thing to do!

Bill
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:24 PM   #24
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I watched Inline Creative last night, it was cool to watch the skating and the awards.
I also watched most of the Sophomore Ladies Elimination. Does anyone know who made it to the final?

the Soph Ladies final is tonight, so I guess I'll find out then!

Webcasting Nationals is a very cool thing to do!

Bill
This is really good Bill, especially seeing i am not going to nationals this year. i been seeing what i can and enjoying it.
Old July 24th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #25
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
This is really good Bill, especially seeing i am not going to nationals this year. i been seeing what i can and enjoying it.
been watching nationals and enjoying it,,,i imagine i will be losing sleep the next couple of weeks lol.

i am appalled at the number of sophmore mens singles that was listed for results in the final. can you say ONE,,,,,cant believe it the numbers are down. when my son placed in soph men in 1997 i think there were at least 23 men that year. hope it revives.
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:24 AM   #26
snydertoestops
Too Old School For You.

Talking Yay!

I can talk to my friend watching my driend who is skating - and watch her at the same time!!

(EVERY single person I've seen so far has done a toe axel so far.. no double mapes(es?)... our world class skaters need to stop cheating - look at what they've done!)
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:59 AM   #27
pacificsk8r

Thumbs down Too mnay people logged on...???

Arghh...good webcast feed in early part of day...but died off by days end, I'm sure due to more users logged on. Could be just in my neck of the woods though? Has this happened to anyone else? Could not watch one soph ladies f.s. finalist! Frozen. Boo-hoo. Glad I got to watch it this a.m.
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:02 AM   #28
pacificsk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
been watching nationals and enjoying it,,,i imagine i will be losing sleep the next couple of weeks lol.

i am appalled at the number of sophmore mens singles that was listed for results in the final. can you say ONE,,,,,cant believe it the numbers are down. when my son placed in soph men in 1997 i think there were at least 23 men that year. hope it revives.
I know...shocking wasn't it. I kept waiting for others to show up during the warm-up, but only the one guy? Too bad really.
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:20 AM   #29
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificsk8r View Post
I know...shocking wasn't it. I kept waiting for others to show up during the warm-up, but only the one guy? Too bad really.
shocking to say the least,,,,never seen 1 in standard at nationals ever. i have to feel bad for the soph man doing it too. wonder how he felt skating all alone in warmups.
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:47 AM   #30
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificsk8r View Post
Arghh...good webcast feed in early part of day...but died off by days end, I'm sure due to more users logged on. Could be just in my neck of the woods though? Has this happened to anyone else? Could not watch one soph ladies f.s. finalist! Frozen. Boo-hoo. Glad I got to watch it this a.m.
Wanda,
I had a solid connection, I was watching it on my phone at a freinds house. I logged on to the link directely, and that might have helped.
http://cobra.mediacast1.com/usarsv

You might also try closing and reopening the window.

Watching that event was very exciting, 4 of the skaters were from the rink I skate at, so we were looking at the tiny screen... and cheering! I'm especially happy for Taylor, she is super nice, and she is a hard worker. She seems to be able to step up for the final events.

I hope they get a lot of hits... enough to intrest a cable sports channel

Bill
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #31
MWehmeier
Skater - Coach SoCal

Bill,

No problem on putting it all together. What I did was write up my standard memo format (done from years of writing them in business and for club info, students, medical staff-- you name it...) and put all the "stuff" all together in one posting/memo. This way you and everyone else is welcome to cut and paste it into email, messages-- my space notes and spread the word around.

You're right about the Sports channel comment. I DO hope someone in Lincoln is counting viewership. This material could become exceptionally valuable in getting some coverage.

I've captured a couple events tonight and may edit them into a You Tube promo to lure more people to watch. As much as we all want to see this online... it was crack me up if we crashed the website from too many people wanting to see it online! 'It just might wake up Lincoln!

Mary Lu

MWehmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #32
pacificsk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Wanda,
I had a solid connection, I was watching it on my phone at a freinds house. I logged on to the link directely, and that might have helped.
http://cobra.mediacast1.com/usarsv

You might also try closing and reopening the window.

Watching that event was very exciting, 4 of the skaters were from the rink I skate at, so we were looking at the tiny screen... and cheering! I'm especially happy for Taylor, she is super nice, and she is a hard worker. She seems to be able to step up for the final events.

I hope they get a lot of hits... enough to intrest a cable sports channel

Bill
Hey Bill! I think I just have a poor connection here on the satellite (very rural)... so when everyone else in my immediate area gets home from work and starts connecting to the same satellite, it gets very congested. Hrmmp . It seems to work great in the early hours. It looks decent on my 20" monitor, but a bit pixilated. But I will try the link you mention here. At least I got to watch the soph eliminations. I predicted the same outcome without seeing the finals. I too, thought Taylor skated quite well and was very enjoyable to watch. I admire skaters who can perform well when it counts...(a BIG problem of mine, lol.). Congrats to all the girls. Having been an old timer skater from Redwood Rink, I am of course happy for all of them .

That would be great to have some tv coverage. Time will tell?
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #33
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWehmeier View Post
Bill,

No problem on putting it all together. What I did was write up my standard memo format (done from years of writing them in business and for club info, students, medical staff-- you name it...) and put all the "stuff" all together in one posting/memo. This way you and everyone else is welcome to cut and paste it into email, messages-- my space notes and spread the word around.

You're right about the Sports channel comment. I DO hope someone in Lincoln is counting viewership. This material could become exceptionally valuable in getting some coverage.

I've captured a couple events tonight and may edit them into a You Tube promo to lure more people to watch. As much as we all want to see this online... it was crack me up if we crashed the website from too many people wanting to see it online! 'It just might wake up Lincoln!

Mary Lu

hi curious how u downloaded streaming video, i thought it couldnt be done???

thanks
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #34
MWehmeier
Skater - Coach SoCal

Default It can be done...

Oh it can be done. I used to work in the editing and production world, and if you know the tricks of the trade, anything... ANYTHING can be DL'ed. As to exactly how... well let's say you'll need to email me or drop by my weblog and drop me a private comment. I'd prefer to stay out of too much trouble.

I probably just bit off a little more than I can chew, because I DL'ed the PSA they are webcasting for the cable channel/webcast and edited it with heads and tails of info to point people to the webcast-- and put it up on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCb50UXeECs

Frankly I don't care if manure hits the fan. It's about time we get some respect as a sport-- and anyone who understands The Cluetrain Manifesto (www.cluetrain.com) and viral marketing will understand we are doing more for USA Rollersports and the entire sport by talking about it... and promoting it by word of mouth than the millions of dollars they will waste in poorly done marketing.

Mary Lu
MWehmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #35
rwsz

Quote:
Oh it can be done. I used to work in the editing and production world, and if you know the tricks of the trade, anything... ANYTHING can be DL'ed. As to exactly how... well let's say you'll need to email me or drop by my weblog and drop me a private comment. I'd prefer to stay out of too much trouble.

I probably just bit off a little more than I can chew, because I DL'ed the PSA they are webcasting for the cable channel/webcast and edited it with heads and tails of info to point people to the webcast-- and put it up on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCb50UXeECs

Frankly I don't care if manure hits the fan. It's about time we get some respect as a sport-- and anyone who understands The Cluetrain Manifesto (www.cluetrain.com) and viral marketing will understand we are doing more for USA Rollersports and the entire sport by talking about it... and promoting it by word of mouth than the millions of dollars they will waste in poorly done marketing.

Mary Lu

ok thanks interesting will email you,,is the you tube going to have the routines on it too of the world class or just the add you posted??

thanks
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:02 PM   #36
Bill

Quote:
Bill,

Mary Lu

Hi Mary Lu,
(And welcome to the forum)
I liked your post, it was done well and though more would see it if it was at the top of the page.
It's been cool watching Nationals and I hope the word gets out to everyone interested. It would be great to see some type of cable coverage!
Bill
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #37
Bill

Quote:

...... Frankly I don't care if manure hits the fan. It's about time we get some respect as a sport-- and anyone who understands The Cluetrain Manifesto (www.cluetrain.com) and viral marketing will understand we are doing more for USA Rollersports and the entire sport by talking about it... and promoting it by word of mouth than the millions of dollars they will waste in poorly done marketing.

Mary Lu
viral marketing.... I like the concept!
This Sport need more exposure if it's to stay healthy. the rest of the world is changing so fast that keeping the "Status Quo" is suicide. I like the changes I've seen in the Magazine. Also the USARollersports web page has become a great resource.

I think that a grass roots campaign is needed for what we are trying to market.

got to run...
b.
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #38
Bill

Last night during the freshman girls singles event the announced they had over 400 viewing. Has anyone heard any more numbers?

Bill
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #39
DonnaNV

Default Bill, I'm not getting video today

I saw figures this morning, but nothing since about 10 am. Are they webcasting now (12:45 pm)? I'm at work so I can't make a big fuss. I wanted to watch during my lunch, which is almost up. Is there a limit to the number of viewers?

All skate,
Donna
DonnaNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #40
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNV View Post
I saw figures this morning, but nothing since about 10 am. Are they webcasting now (12:45 pm)? I'm at work so I can't make a big fuss. I wanted to watch during my lunch, which is almost up. Is there a limit to the number of viewers?

All skate,
Donna
They pretty much cover all the events. The only limit is the bandwidth, and I'm not sure how many they can handle.

I just watched Dominic from my rink get the silver in freestyle, and the medaling of the two soph pairs team... both from my rink....
Got to run!
Bill

Last edited by Bill; July 26th, 2007 at 09:31 PM.