S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old December 16th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #21
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindysk8s View Post
Regina - my boots are a 7 1/2 so of course you're welcome to try them on. They're not mounted yet but at least you'll get a feel for them.

I'll be there for our club party at 5pm and plan to stay for a bit a session as well. BTW - i'm the one skating Esquire with Allen this season!

Hope to see you then - drive safe!

Cindy

Hi Cindy !!! What a pleasant suprise!!! You couldn't ask for a nicer partner!!! Allen and Jeanne are "tops" in our book!!! In fact everyone down there are the best kind of people to be around!
Just heard from Lin and she said they will be there around 4:00. My husband said we will heard down early and maybe stay for a little bit of session but if the temp drops we will just head back home after we see Lin. So much ice here... did you guys get the Ice??? or did you get snow?

Size 7 1/2 very good Cindy. Would love to try them to see how they feel!!!Thank You !!!!

Hope to see you later today!

regina
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #22
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snydertoestops View Post
Those Edea's pieces of plastic are muntants. Get a pair of real skating boots.

Well Snyder, you gave me a nice chuckle this morning!

Ya know, "...back in the day", you got your Reidell's, you got your Snyder's, put your wheels on them and then you skated!!! Today it can get a little confusing!

regina
Old December 16th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #23
masterd

Default boots

You are up early this morning.
masterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #24
rach_sk8

Hi all... has anyone tried Risport boots? I'm currently on Edea, and they are nice boots for sure... but my previous boots were Risport, and truely like slippers. I loved them, and would go back to them anyday.
Edea are still good though - dont get me wrong.
'Down under', our main choices are Risport and Edea. I think 95% are on Edea now. Our skate supplier researches world trends and keeps us very up to date in that area. Admitedly Edea are taking over Risport in a big way it would seem. (Along with Roll-line frames and wheels).

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth - interesting thread!
rach_sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #25
NaNaSk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterd View Post
You are up early this morning.

Hello Steve !
Actually this is NaNaDo using my son's computer so I had to register and pick a new screen name to use while on his computer!

Yes I was up early and thought I had a "head start" on the day, but, then we had a power failure in our area!!! All skating was canceled for the day. Since we had no electric and no heat, things got rather boring just sitting around all day. So we wound up packing up some clothes and the puppers and came down to our Son's house till the power gets back up and running (PP & L now say the power may be off until Wednesday) .

For Lin P. and CindySk8.... sorry we didn't make it down there yesterday. I sent an e-mail to Fantasy after we got here (at our sons house) apologizing for not coming down.

Lin, I will e-mail you when we get home to make arrangements to ship you order to you.

Cindy... we are coming down Sunday the 30th for the New Years Celebration so, hopefully I will get to meet you that night!

regina

Last edited by NaNaSk8; December 17th, 2007 at 03:42 PM.
NaNaSk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #26
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Quote:
oh boy, that was a wonder of mine. So it is plastic!
scary, but neat looking.
Old December 18th, 2007, 12:41 AM   #27
angoraknitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach_sk8 View Post
Hi all... has anyone tried Risport boots? I'm currently on Edea, and they are nice boots for sure... but my previous boots were Risport, and truely like slippers. I loved them, and would go back to them anyday.
Edea are still good though - dont get me wrong.
'Down under', our main choices are Risport and Edea. I think 95% are on Edea now. Our skate supplier researches world trends and keeps us very up to date in that area. Admitedly Edea are taking over Risport in a big way it would seem. (Along with Roll-line frames and wheels).

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth - interesting thread!

My son's skates have risport boots. I don't really know how they feel, I've can't fit into them of course ...but he seems to like them. The heel is certainly higher than our other boots. We got them used on ebay, so they work fine for him. They do seem rather narrow (but perhaps they're just a AA width). My figure coach from 1993 wanted me in risport boots. I was in Harlicks then and had grown out of them. He never really explained why I "had" to had risports only that "all the people on the podium at Nationals wore them." I decided to stop skating before they arrived and we canceled the order.
angoraknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 12:54 AM   #28
rach_sk8

Plastic?
rach_sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #29
roller gramma
Solo Dancer

Quote:
Why would you call them plastic? My grandson has a pair and loves them.
roller gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #30
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller gramma View Post
Why would you call them plastic? My grandson has a pair and loves them.

risports are welled liked by many skaters but they have a plastic coating, not leather on most of their older boots, i dont know about the new ones. also have a higher heel which is good for spinning.
Old December 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #31
NaNaDo

I just want to thank everyone for all the "input" about boots ... so, now I have printed out information from assort web sites on Risport, Edea. Harlick and Reidell !!! The power has been restored to most of our area, so the rink will have practice time and session this evening (and heat !!!) And I will have a good long "sit down" with my coach to figure out which boots will work with the old Snyder plates that I have. My husband remembers someone saying that many of the newer boots can not be mounted on the older plates??? I guess I will find out this evening . Hopefully the Reidell 336 will work I really like the sound of that one! And the Harlick Dance Boots sounds real nice too!!! Just sorry I could not get down to Fantasy to try CindySk8's Harlick's on this past Sunday. It was one heck of an Ice Storm that went thru this area on Sunday!!! Some people won't have their power back on until Thursday evening!

Will let you know what we decide on!!!

And again... Thank You to all !

NaNaDo (aka: regina)
www.reginam.com

Last edited by NaNaDo; December 18th, 2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old December 18th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #32
cindysk8s
Rollin' in AZ

Default Ice storm!

Regina-

I hear ya about the ice. I live in western Berks County and we were slammed by it too. My hubby works in Hershey and they were too. It must have been a band of ice that only hit certain areas. My kids didn't have school Monday and had a 2 hour delay again today because of trees down and ice on the road. It was a mess.

If you get to the rink before my boots are mounted you're more than welcome to try them. I told Allen to give them to you if I'm not there. I'm ordering new plates too so it may be a week or 2 until they're mounted.
Old December 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #33
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNaDo View Post
I just want to thank everyone for all the "input" about boots ... so, now I have printed out information from assort web sites on Risport, Edea. Harlick and Reidell !!! The power has been restored to most of our area, so the rink will have practice time and session this evening (and heat !!!) And I will have a good long "sit down" with my coach to figure out which boots will work with the old Snyder plates that I have. My husband remembers someone saying that many of the newer boots can not be mounted on the older plates??? I guess I will find out this evening . Hopefully the Reidell 336 will work I really like the sound of that one! And the Harlick Dance Boots sounds real nice too!!! Just sorry I could not get down to Fantasy to try CindySk8's Harlick's on this past Sunday. It was one heck of an Ice Storm that went thru this area on Sunday!!! Some people won't have their power back on until Thursday evening!

Will let you know what we decide on!!!

And again... Thank You to all !

NaNaDo (aka: regina)
www.reginam.com

i dont see why you cant mount boots on the older plates, the edea may be a problem but none of the others would and i dont think th edea is either to be honest. not 100% sure on the edea.
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #34
NaNaDo

Quote:
Regina-

I hear ya about the ice. I live in western Berks County and we were slammed by it too. My hubby works in Hershey and they were too. It must have been a band of ice that only hit certain areas. My kids didn't have school Monday and had a 2 hour delay again today because of trees down and ice on the road. It was a mess.

If you get to the rink before my boots are mounted you're more than welcome to try them. I told Allen to give them to you if I'm not there. I'm ordering new plates too so it may be a week or 2 until they're mounted.

That would be great! We are still hoping to be there Sunday evening the 30th for the New Years Celebration. Hoping I can at least try them on before I get the Itch to just order anything!

Thanks Cindy!
regina
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:15 PM   #35
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
i dont see why you cant mount boots on the older plates, the edea may be a problem but none of the others would and i dont think th edea is either to be honest. not 100% sure on the edea.

"YES" !!! Thanks Rick, "Here's hoping I can still use my old plates" I guess we must be a couple of old farts!!!!!!!!! My husband and I both just love our old Snyders and refuese to give them up!!!!!! Mac (at our rink) knows what he is doing and if it can be done ... I know he will do it for me!!!!

Talk another day!!!!
regina
Old December 19th, 2007, 02:34 AM   #36
rwsz

Quote:
"YES" !!! Thanks Rick, "Here's hoping I can still use my old plates" I guess we must be a couple of old farts!!!!!!!!! My husband and I both just love our old Snyders and refuese to give them up!!!!!! Mac (at our rink) knows what he is doing and if it can be done ... I know he will do it for me!!!!

Talk another day!!!!
regina

yes it can be done and especially on riedells, harlicks or sp teris. nothing wrong with the old snyders. you should try an atlas if somebody has one you can use at your rink. you just might like them.
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #37
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
yes it can be done and especially on riedells, harlicks or sp teris. nothing wrong with the old snyders. you should try an atlas if somebody has one you can use at your rink. you just might like them.

Yep! This is what Mac said last night too. He could mount just about any boot on my Snyders. He also was not sure of using my plates on Edea's he didn't think it would work either.

I did get to try on a pair of Edea's and was not real thrilled with how they felt. Tried on Harlick Competitor Plus, I liked how they felt on my foot, but when I stood up and rolled around in them they were very firm around the ankle, something like my Gold Stars were when I first got them.

Hope we can get down to Fantasy next week so I can try on Cindy's Harlick Classic. But I think I am still leaning toward the Riedell 336 or just do a "re-do" and get the Riedell Gold Star's again !?!?!??

RE: Atlas ... My husband had the newer plates when we first came back and said they were very nice. One of the older men had to give ups skating a few months back and gave Kenny his old Snyder plates and Kenny mounted his new boots on them is just as happy as can be now.

Thanks for all the information.

regina
www.reginam.com
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #38
NaNaDo

Quote:
Regina-

yes Cindy the ice was really something and although the power is pretty much restored here occationally it will go off as the electric company reconnects different areas. Yesterday morning it went off here (west shore area of Harrisburg) for about an hour.

Then was back on until 4:30 or so it went off again for about 15 to 20 minutes... Only things was ... Olympic had about 500 kids from a school party in the rink !!! 10 (count them) "10" shcool buses of kids !!!! They said it was complete chaos when the lights and music went off. The emergency lights are not very bright so the floor guards were racing around to get the emergency exit doors open to get a little bit of light in there!

We arrived at the rink just as the lights were back on and it still seemed like complete chaos. Everyone had a story to tell about the event !!!
So last night they were talking about do an overhaul on the generator and getting it re-hooked up !!!

I will e-mail Allen if we are going to be down there this weekend, if not, like I said, we are planning on the 30th!

See you soon!

regina
www.reginam.com
Old December 19th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #39
bobnva

Quote:
Hope we can get down to Fantasy next week so I can try on Cindy's Harlick Classic. But I think I am still leaning toward the Riedell 336 or just do a "re-do" and get the Riedell Gold Star's again !?!?!??
[/url]
If you get the new version of the Gold star it is massively stiffer than the ones they made 10 to 15 years ago. I would go so far as to say for most skaters it's pretty much a figure boot, not dance or freestyle.
bobnva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #40
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnva View Post
If you get the new version of the Gold star it is massively stiffer than the ones they made 10 to 15 years ago. I would go so far as to say for most skaters it's pretty much a figure boot, not dance or freestyle.

So much wonderful input on this subject! Which I really needed !!!

My husband and I were thinking that about the boots today. Since there are specific skates used fpr dance, figures and freestyle. we kind of figured that certain styles (like the Gold Star) that are suggested for figues were much stiffer than what the boots used to be "back in the day"! That's probably why so many have suggested the 336 for Dance!!

Thank you Bob, and I have read the further comments about the Dance night at your rink!!! Sound like a great night that is right up our alley!

regina
www,reginam.com