S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old June 6th, 2008, 03:34 AM   #161
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post

There is no freaking way I can speed skate in my 375 gold stars, but I was wondering how flexible the 336 tributes were. I am considering them to be mounted on my Snyder Advantage. I don't do much figures at all, but I would use them for dance and freestyle and speed.

So how well can the 336 Tribute handle freestyle, dance and speed? Are they as flexible as the 297 professional? Would I be better off with the professional?
Hi Jim !!!
Everyone on this thread did a great job of walking me thru learning about today's boots!!! Especially Rick !!!
I had the 336 for a few months and yes they are a comfortable, and flexable boot!!! Freestyle??? can't help you there, I know nothing about freestyle and how 336's would be for it! But I can tell you they are terrific from day one as far as comfort and flexability. I went right out and did dance in them without a problem.... Ooooppps! well... they were to big for me and I had problems sliding around in them but I can say they were nice "and" flexable.

I got another pair of boots and my daughter-in-law took the 336's and loves them. She messed with speed as a teenager and I have seen her on the floor with our grandson doing "a little" speed with him (just messing around though, not actual speed skating) so I would say yes to using them for working on endurance!!! But no for actually "working" speed I think they would break down to fast for real speed skating. And BTW my daughter-in-law wore her little "speedies" (low cut speed boots) for 20 years and did adjust easily to the 336's. When I got the boots I have today (Harlick Classic) I had tried on another skaters first!!! She wears the same size as me and the fit was perfect for my foot. The Harlick Classics are a bit stiffer than the 336's but just as comfortable, and flexable!

In both the 336 and Harlick Classic... never a blister or sore spots on my feet. And no breakin time needed !!!

We are back to skating 3 years now and would like to say ... "It just takes time to build up endurance" ... work hard at it but remember it "takes time". Especially when you are returning to skating at a later age. My husband and I spent the first year doing many, many laps of warm ups at least 3 days a week before we could last doing an entire set of dance steps!!! And, "Well worth all the work it takes to get there".

Best Wishes Jim....
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #162
Ancient1

Regina,
Thanks so much. I sort of slid the idea past my wife this morning. We have a morning wake up coffee time, where we sit on the couch and do some small talk and have a few cups of coffee. She was not amused... I broke it as just a thought for something down the future and it was a compromise of doing nothing or buying a complete speed skate setup. She was still not amused, but she still loves me. I will not mention it for awhile so that she will have a time to think about it. She likes to buy things and I never say no, and she knows it. The only things I have bought for myself has been my skating equipment. Once the shock wears off, she will come around.
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #163
NaNaDo

Quote:
Regina,
Thanks so much. I sort of slid the idea past my wife this morning.
Hope it works out for some extra equipment Jim !!! Kind of cute... "endurance and comprimise"... both just take time and effort!. Sound like you two have a great relaionship!!!

Love that coffee time on the sofa, we have that also... in the late afternoon.
Old June 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #164
rwsz

Quote:
Regina,
Thanks so much. I sort of slid the idea past my wife this morning. We have a morning wake up coffee time, where we sit on the couch and do some small talk and have a few cups of coffee. She was not amused... I broke it as just a thought for something down the future and it was a compromise of doing nothing or buying a complete speed skate setup. She was still not amused, but she still loves me. I will not mention it for awhile so that she will have a time to think about it. She likes to buy things and I never say no, and she knows it. The only things I have bought for myself has been my skating equipment. Once the shock wears off, she will come around.

Jim i hate to say this but if she always gets what she wants she is being selfish. does she skate, if not you need to start her. plus fathers day is next weekend
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #165
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Jim i hate to say this but if she always gets what she wants she is being selfish. does she skate, if not you need to start her. plus fathers day is next weekend

KOOL !!! "Fathers Day" !!!! Yes !!!
Old June 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #166
Ancient1

Rick,
She isn't selfish. I also get what I want. It is a matter of how much do we want it. With my wife, I will not say no as long as we have the money. She doesn't look at it as a money thing, but more of a practical thing. Her issue was that I already bought an expensive pair of boots. I see her point and I could throw it back at her if I wanted (she likes to collect purses, and some are very expensive). But I won't and don't throw it back at her. That would be selfish on my part and not very loving. I will wait awhile and I bet she will think about it next time she wants to buy something redundant. In the past, when she has been this way and I said: "no problem!", she would take a few days and then come back very humble trying to make me buy it. She is just a bit emotional and sometimes doesn't think it out first.
Now as for her skating... I have tried, but she wants no part of skating, other than to support me in my efforts. She wanted a treadmill, so last week we ordered one, and it should be here sometime next week.
Jim (The Ancient One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Old June 6th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #167
Ancient1

Regina,
I have no doubt it will work out. I'm in no hurry, and I will get it when I am ready. I'm sure my wife will want me to get it way before I am ready anyway. That is why I started so soon.

The coffee thing is fun. We have a big house and a special area with a great view where we sit down and share a few cups of coffee. Sometimes we just sit in silence but most of the time we do a little chit chat, and smile. We are together almost all the time. The only time I am USUALLY away from my wife is when I go skating. The rest of the time, we go everywhere together. We both enjoy each others company. The only reason she doesn't go skating with me is that she doesn't like just sitting down and watching, and she won't even consider putting on a pair of skates.

Jim (The Ancient One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNaDo View Post
Hope it works out for some extra equipment Jim !!! Kind of cute... "endurance and comprimise"... both just take time and effort!. Sound like you two have a great relaionship!!!

Love that coffee time on the sofa, we have that also... in the late afternoon.
Old June 6th, 2008, 06:30 PM   #168
NaNaDo

Quote:
Regina,

We are together almost all the time. The only time I am USUALLY away from my wife is when I go skating. The rest of the time, we go everywhere together. We both enjoy each others company. The only reason she doesn't go skating with me is that she doesn't like just sitting down and watching, and she won't even consider putting on a pair of skates.

Jim (The Ancient One)
Sounds like us!!! 90% of the time together but then there is that occasional ..."you go, I need a break"... Kenny will go take our lesson alone giving him a chance to play with something he wants to learn.... Me? my escape is usually to go have some play time with the grandkids, which gives my Son and Daughter-in-law a break too. Or, just stay home and watch a "chick flick". I think we have lasted 35 years together because of "coffee time on the sofa"!!!
Best Wishes Jim...
Old June 6th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #169
Ancient1

Regina,
I don't know if you noticed, but I did respond to your email.
Old June 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #170
NaNaDo

Quote:
Regina,
I don't know if you noticed, but I did respond to your email.
yes i did notice, thanks!!! ... and i just responded back again...
I am self employed and work at home so because of the
business and the web site I am online all day
and see the emails as they come.
Have a good weekend Jim...
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:36 AM   #171
Ancient1

It didn't take long before my wife gave me the ok for the boots (as soon as we get the money, of course). She was nice and subtle with her consent. She said that since I was going to skate Tuesdays now for speed practice, I might consider giving up Friday nights. I said: Wait a minute! I thought you didn't want me to buy the boots for speed practice. She just smiled at me. I smiled back. It may take a while before I can save the money.

Thanks for all the feedback Rick and Regina, you both were very helpful.
Old June 8th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #172
rwsz

Quote:
It didn't take long before my wife gave me the ok for the boots (as soon as we get the money, of course). She was nice and subtle with her consent. She said that since I was going to skate Tuesdays now for speed practice, I might consider giving up Friday nights. I said: Wait a minute! I thought you didn't want me to buy the boots for speed practice. She just smiled at me. I smiled back. It may take a while before I can save the money.

thats good,,,thats what the stimulus check is for lol. dont give up fridays, tell her your getting in shape for her.
Old June 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #173
NaNaDo

Quote:

Very good Jim ! Keep us posted on your progress and boot choice!
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:06 AM   #174
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Being I am the pastskater, but making my entrance with Futuresk8ter... I wanted to say a gal that has her, well...almost her life on skates said,"Edea is at first very comfortable, but now I feel like I am wearing stiletto heels all the time.

She is a versed skater. Freestyle, dance and figures and derby.

Old June 24th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #175
MadCow333

This old pair of skates was a Reidell model 336 or 336R boot. It was padded around the ankle. I think the tongue was sheepskin lined. Maybe these are what the modern 336 is "tribute" to, rather than the 297? I donated these boots to a thrift store. The wheels are Excaliber Figure and I just sold those. Only thing I kept was the Imperial plates.
MadCow333 is offline   Reply With Quote