S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum > Outdoor Quads
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Quads Discussions about outdoor quad skates and any discussion relatd to skating on quad roller skatse outdoors.

Old September 4th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Mystic
SWM So Cal

Default Twisters Thread

There has been a lot of talk recently about the Twister outdoor wheels. Unfortunately, they aren't sold alone and come only in a high low set up. So to get a full set of one size you would have to buy two full skate setups.

I was just thinking we need to get together on those. Buy two, one person gets the small set and one gets the larger set.

Not sure about the boots and plates. Are they any good? Worth keeping? Anybody skate them? Lets hear about them.

Also, does anybody have a web site or contact info for Pacer. We need to start requesting they sell them alone.

www.socalskatingreviews.com
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 03:11 AM   #2
Armadillo

Default The skates with Hi/Lo Twisters are good

Yes these Aerials are good skates, especially for the price.

They have a re-positionable front truck that adjusts through a range of just over an inch. The "Traction Bar" however is NOT adjustable, so it only lines up correctly with the front truck in ONE position. Fortunately for my size this was the FULL FORWARD outdoor position. You really do not need this Traction Bar.

It comes with decent real urethane coshions and action is decent too. The plastic plate is sculpted to shape of your foot and boot is more like a stiff curvy booty on the bottom and is riveted to the plate. They are well cushioned and surprisingly light - 1522 grams for a woman's size 11

-Armadillo
Old September 5th, 2009, 04:31 AM   #3
Mystic
SWM So Cal

I had a follow up. I prefer boots with a 1" heal. When I buy a modern boot I have to have a cobbler add a little to the heal to make it larger.

The trucks that come with the Twister wheels look taller in the back essentially creating a heal. Can you tell how much taller they are in the back then the front with the hi low set up.

www.socalskatingreviews.com
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 06:43 AM   #4
Armadillo

Default The plate's plastic elevates the heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I had a follow up. I prefer boots with a 1" heal. When I buy a modern boot I have to have a cobbler add a little to the heal to make it larger.

The trucks that come with the Twister wheels look taller in the back essentially creating a heal. Can you tell how much taller they are in the back then the front with the hi low set up.
The Aerial skate trucks are identical aluminum; its the contouring of the plastic frame that elevates the heel ~7/8" The shape of the plate's sole support also has a nice double curve to transition from heel height down to ball height.

Size W11/M10 Clamp on heel brake fits aluminum truck just right

Size W10/M8 with Tortion bar removed and front truck forward

-Armadillo

Last edited by Armadillo; September 6th, 2009 at 02:05 AM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdoor, twister, wheels