S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old February 24th, 2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Howell Family
Geriatric Member

Default New member saying hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. My name is Trevor, I'm 43 and I'm a competition speed skater from long long ago, 80's and 90's. I was part of the Skate City/US on Wheels speed team located in Arvada, Colorado. The rink owner and coach was Bill Layman, some of you may know him. I now live in Winter Park, Florida and skate at Semoran Skate Way in Casselberry, Florida. I skate both quads (Ridell 911 Jammer boot, Sure-Grip Power Trac plate, Bones bearings with Labeda Wheels) and inlines (Bont Shark Attack speed skate with 5x80's) in the "Master Mens" speed skating division. It's a pleasure to be part of this community. I will be posting some pics of me, my family and our skates once I figure out how to do it! Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction....

Last edited by Howell Family; February 24th, 2011 at 05:22 AM.
Howell Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #2
quadbob

Cool hi

hey trevor i was from michigan, but skated for bill in the mid to late 80's any idea how they are doing? whats billy and his sister up too! i hope they are all well. i also skated with aroura for a while with beth tucker and john lessalle. nice to know ya, i'm up here in georgia now. skating for mr b, if your ever up here check him out.

bob.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #3
Howell Family
Geriatric Member

WOW...it's a small world. Bill and Arleen are doing good. The Arvada rink is still open, however, the Westminster rink was sold to another family years ago. So they just have the one now. Not to sure about the kids Billy and Karen (who are all adults now) are doing. But Bill is still coaching speed 3 nights a week as I understand.

Say, do you remember Kelly Springer or Lance and Richard Williams. We did 4 man relays together at meets. I was Kelly Springer's best man at his wedding. I sure would like to hear from him again but we fell out of touch.

Anyway, I too skated with john lessalle over at Mr. Kellys Skate City in Aurora. What a small world. I haven't seen Beth Tucker in over 20 years. lol

The family and I get up to Georgia every so often, so maybe we can come skate at your rink sometime. Stay cool man!

WTB-Roll Line Giotto 150-170mm...PM me
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #4
quadbob

Cool sweet

yea that would be cool! you should skate mr b's meet in march or april, it's always a good time mr b puts on a great meet.
i acually skated 2 man with mike synovic or something like that! and relayed with a girl named lynn. i can't remember her last name but she had asma really bad, but skated well in spite of it! the last time i skated for bill they were still having state meet! to qualify for regionals! the last year i skated for bill state was in greely co. and then i ended up going back to michigan! oh well, i had a great time at arvada and bill was one of the best coaches i ever skated for. geese the last time i saw him was at nationals in 93/94 or 95. i can't remember. kelly springer and lance sure sound familiar, but i'm old,lol

bob.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #5
JandKLarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell Family View Post
Say, do you remember Kelly Springer or Lance and Richard Williams. We did 4 man relays together at meets. I was Kelly Springer's best man at his wedding. I sure would like to hear from him again but we fell out of touch.
Kelly Springer coaches a team in Virginia. Here is a link to a contact number.

http://synergyinline.com/contact.html

And welcome to the forum!

Last edited by JandKLarson; February 25th, 2011 at 07:52 PM.
JandKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #6
Howell Family
Geriatric Member

Cool Bob, we may see you there for the meet. I will keep in touch!

Thanks for the phone info on Kelly Springer. It must be old because it rang a Bingo Hall....bummer. But thanks for trying. If anyone has a good contact for him please send it my way....

Old February 26th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #7
Anabolix

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the forums. Just in case you don't have a team to skate quad for (that has relay opportunities for nationals) let me know and I can hook you up with Team Anabolix. I live in Georgia and practice with Precision Racing but the team is located in Indiana. Since Nationals is open, there is no regional qualifier so you only have to make one trip up north in July. Bob and I practice together so when you come up, let us know and we can get you practice information.
Anabolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Howell Family
Geriatric Member

That sounds GREAT! I don't have a quad team. The speed team here at Semoran Skate Way only competes on inlines, so that would be awesome if I could hook up with you guys for quads. I'm "Old School," inlines are really nice, but I love my quads. Granted, quads are not as fast, but they have so much more style, funk and rhythm. I like that, because I jam skate too. You remember doing the Sharky Shuffle, the Chicago, the Slide, Two Step, Crazy Legs and just "getting down on the dance floor" to impress the girls at the rink! (lol) I still roll like that. Only now I do it to impress my wife and kids...(smile)

Old February 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #9
JandKLarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell Family View Post
Cool Bob, we may see you there for the meet. I will keep in touch!

Thanks for the phone info on Kelly Springer. It must be old because it rang a Bingo Hall....bummer. But thanks for trying. If anyone has a good contact for him please send it my way....
I'm shooting you a PM with another number and an email address to try. Kelly also has a skate equipment business, selling Cado Motus products and MPC wheels, and I had this info. from an invoice from last year. We just saw him a meet in Roanoke last weekend, where he had a booth and was also coaching. Btw, I do believe that they have Bingo at the rink where Kelly coaches (see the link on the team webpage). But hopefully the number I am sending you is a good one.
JandKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote