S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum > Outdoor Quads
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Quads Discussions about outdoor quad skates and any discussion relatd to skating on quad roller skatse outdoors.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #1
inkh0rn

Default New Football/Soccer Boot Outdoor Build

Sondico cheap as chips boots, studs unscrewed and sole moulds cut back with a jigsaw (I had nothing else!), size US12/UK11. SG Avenger size 5 plate, 'sport' mount (I think), standard purple SG super cushions. AirWaves 65mm 78A wheels, Bones China Reds bearings, SG Zero Nutz. Quite proud of my DIY skills on these!

They skate well so far...got 22.6mph on them on a downhill last week! Did a half-marathon distance this week in them, smooth, fast and comfy. Happy man

Last edited by inkh0rn; June 22nd, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
inkh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Armadillo

What - no PICs???

What time did you get for the 1/2 marathon?

-Armadillo
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:01 PM   #3
inkh0rn

Default Evening Armadillo :)

I've just created a Dropbox account & there's 2gb of pics & vids busily uploading as I type - I tried sharing the link but it just shows a black box with an X in it, so mustn't like it! I've also tried to upload the pic to my usual photobucket account, but due to the ongoing upload, that's not happening either. The joys of tech .

Endomondo showed my time for 13.65 miles as 1:14, but I had a few mins stops for water, so it was more like 1:10? Not bad for quads - for me at least! I'm more confident of beating my 2:30 marathon target, anyway.

I'm going to try that again in the next couple of weeks - there's another skate event coming up in August, I'll be doing the half on the Sat & the full on the Sun - that should be interesting...

We did a 12 hour charity skate at our rink last weekend - 9.30pm-9.30am, 2 teams of 6, skating continuously for 15 mins a time. Each team did over 4400 laps and approx. 128 miles each, so over 4800+ laps / 256+ miles in total.

I was absolutely cabbaged. That was by far the hardest thing I've done on skates - mostly because of being shattered from 4am to 7am, but also because of the lovely blisters that formed again on my right toe/ball of foot. Without the blisters I'd've been mostly OK .

What've you been up to skate-wise lately?
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Armadillo

Been just getting back on skates the last week+ after several weeks of no skating for a health reason.

Weather has been terrible with very wet & cold late spring punctuated with super windy warmer days. So mostly just two indoor speed classs 4hr per week.

I plan to race a 1/2 marathon at the end of July on my new super light indoor-outdoor skates (900 grams with 70mm V-R wheels), but I need to get back into better shape if I expect to break 60 minutes again this year.

-Armadillo
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:14 PM   #5
Quadtastic
Quads live!!!

sound and look good Armadillo
Quadtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:48 PM   #6
inkh0rn

Default Pic added but can't sort the size!

Pic's up but I've only just got this new laptop with Win 8 and Jesus, what a nightmare to do ANYTHING! Took me half the night to get that pic linked.

Anyway, nice skates Armadillo, and I can only dream of sub-60-mins half marathon times...I'm not that far off, but that would really do me in! Down to lack of fitness, really. That's what scuppered me in my recent marathon - poor diet and not enough preparation...

Wish I could get 4 hours speed training a week in, anyway! I'm lucky if I get 2 hours of fitness/performance focussed training. Usually it's that, plus 2 hours rink session time. Good luck with your training - keep in touch with your progress.

BTW, just realised the pic doesn't have the Zero Nutz on - just standard nylock nuts.