S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:10 AM   #1
ignatius

Default any favorite boots?

Can you suggest any favorite boots? I like the looks of a lace up boot, like the Riedell 595, don't really care for the covered front like the vanilla boots. I have saved up for a new pair of skates with a roll line plate, and would like to have them made your way, but I haven't settled on a boot, any suggestions? the best looking one I have seen so far is Aussiescott's boer in his avitar. what do you like? Ig's
ignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:51 AM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default My current favorite....

is still the 375 (blue),6 (white) and 7 (black) series Labedas....which like the magic Oberhamer 351in no longer made.

I am taking a fancy to my lace-less Bont Quad Black Widow and am looking to mount my Carbon Quad Racer real soon.... (I have just bored two 1/4" holes in my Giottos...one toward the front and one toward the back so you might get an idea of how I'm going to mount them from that...)

Another option is a special or premium build Riedell 122 with a softer leather.... I'm real happy with mine...

BTW AussieScott's avatar sk8s are a Bont Quad Racer boot and a Boen Special. (I'm taking a SWAG on the Boen's here based on the age of the sk8s...He may have told me at one point but I do not remember,)