S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old January 17th, 2019, 06:43 PM   #1
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Default Toxic Gillette Ad

There was a thing on Agents of Shield some years back. It was kind of a joke, but it highlighted a truism. So Phil Coulson, the new head of SHIELD was chasing after a guy with powers. The guy had a fire throwing power. At some point, before Phil got to the guy, the guy gave himself a name. You know, like a super hero or villain name. Phil hated when a powered person "gave" themselves a name. It made them harder to reach and reason with. Once they named themselves, they lost themselves. Their egos got tied up in the new persona they had created.

Well, getting back to names, Gillette just gave air, national air, to a new name for hate. Toxic Masculinity. Now Toxic Masculinity does not exist. It is a construct. Specifically a construct created by feminists/lesbians to FOCUS hate on men, because, wait for it.... they hate men, and want you to hate them also. It is a brilliant, but horrible thing. It is a handy dandy ALL PURPOSE means to hate men. It is insidiously brilliant. All hate for men can fit into TOXIC MASCULINITY.

A loser X 4. The ad is basically telling men how they suck, and need to become beta males with their tails between their legs. Here are the 4 ways this ad is a loser:
1 There are some neanderthal men that need this message. But they won't pay attention.
2 The vast majority of GOOD men don't appreciate being scolded like a 3yr old.
3 This is going to scare the sh*t out of young men, making them question everything about themselves.
4 This will seriously damage male/female relations. Women and girls will latch onto this non-sense and it will create tension and mistrust.

As if the first 3 fails weren't bad enough, no 4 is really bad. This ad campaign IS a Hate Crime. It is the same as Race Baiting. It seeks to undermine heterosexual relationships. The director of the video is a Feminist. Big surprise. This thing just seethes with hate. And as I was alluding to in the beginning: Giving something a name aids the human mind to focus on it. Toxic Masculinity makes it easy to focus hate on men.

I won't link the ad. I could, but I seriously don't want to make it easy to see that trash. If you are interested, I am sure you can find it on your own.

It's kind of funny. Some were comparing this debacle with the Dick's Sporting Goods foul up, where Dick's got on their high horse and decided to stop selling assault rifles. That did not go well for Dick's, and they are going to have to close many stores as a result of their screw up. The funny thing is, Dick's was engaged in a somewhat volatile business: Selling guns. And they still do, just not certain guns. So taking a stand, one way or another, was something Dick's was probably gonna have to face at some point. Gillette on the other hand had NO REASON IN HELL to jump up and engage in social debate. They make razors and shaving cream. They could have HAPPILY stayed under the radar. Instead, they have thrown themselves under the bus.

Very sad, stupid, and damaging decision by Gillette. I'll buy Schick or Dollar Shave from now on.
Old January 17th, 2019, 10:47 PM   #2
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Let's face the truth. Some people are incredibly stupid. Wasn't there someone in charge who had the brains to splain it to the college grads at Gillette what an insane idea it was to commit suicide by a jillion cuts?

As a kid I listened on the radio to the Friday night fights, sponsered by the above, one time promoter of manhood.

Excuse me while I change my wife beater tee for a turtle neck.
Old January 17th, 2019, 11:34 PM   #3
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Oh, the college grads had to come in and tell them, the world is changing, and companies need to be vehicles of social change.

Didn't quite turn out well. Oh, when I first saw the YouTube video, the dislikes were 10 to 1 to the likes. Then YouTube started getting rid of dislikes. I have had to re-dislike it 5 times. Now the ratio is only 2 to 1 with the dislikes winning.

One thing strikes me is how absolutely quiet Gillette has been since the debacle. Not a peep from them.
Old January 18th, 2019, 12:39 AM   #4
Dec8rSk8r

Do they really expect men to confront other men they don't know, if, for example, they see their heads swiveling after a pretty woman on the street? Sounds like a good way to get their politically correct butts kicked.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 12:48 AM   #5
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Do they really expect men to confront other men they don't know, if, for example, they see their heads swiveling after a pretty woman on the street? Sounds like a good way to get their politically correct butts kicked.
The wussification of the American male.... right before your eyes. It's like, she has bling on her bumper and wants to gripe you out because you looked....