S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Quad Vert
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Vert All kinds of aggressive skating on quad roller skates including quad vertical roller skating, quad bowl skating, quad skatepark tricks, and street skating tricks in quad skates.

Old May 30th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #1
Wolf1ion

Default Quadimodo skate edit

My old skating video from back in 2005:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOHjoVqPY2s

I thought I'd lost this video as my windows xp had major probs, i used ubuntu livecd to recover data from my hd before formatting and installing linux. But i copied the wrong video folder, so ended up losing it.

Luckily though, I'd burned a cd of skating stuff which i managed to find up in the loft, so was able to salvage and re edit it.

Needless to say i'll be making sure i backup all my data from now on.
Wolf1ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #2
biffsk8er

Awesome. Glad you were able to save it. Really interesting video with definite style.

However, the tags for your video say "quad skating vert". Yet you never skate vert, nor does the park that you are in have vert. (Vert means vertical or 90 degrees from horizontal Also known as straight up and down :P)

Fun video, even without vert. Are you still skating?? Btw, where the heck is that place??It looks like you are in Alaska!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf1ion View Post
My old skating video from back in 2005:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOHjoVqPY2s

I thought I'd lost this video as my windows xp had major probs, i used ubuntu livecd to recover data from my hd before formatting and installing linux. But i copied the wrong video folder, so ended up losing it.

Luckily though, I'd burned a cd of skating stuff which i managed to find up in the loft, so was able to salvage and re edit it.

Needless to say i'll be making sure i backup all my data from now on.
Old May 30th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #3
Wolf1ion

Yea, i sorted the tags.

That place is a little skatepark near my local beach (I'm in Ayrshire, Scotland). It may not be a great park, but it's free and it's quiet if you go early in the morning.

There is a better park (apparently 3rd biggest outdoor concrete park in Europe) called Evolution, about 10 miles from my house, but it gets really busy and it gets a bit annoying after a while when all i want to do is skate and people keep stopping me and asking why I'm riding quads, why aren't i riding inline etc etc.

Some of the younger skaters there haven't even seen a pair of quads before...

I haven't skated in a while, due to working and having a family life now, but as my daughters just turned four I've bought her a pair of quads, so i'm gonna teach her to skate. Just a pity there's no roller rinks in scotland anymore.
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #4
biffsk8er

Yeah. skate rinks are almost a thing of the past. That really stinks. I also get that from people about wearing quads and not inlines. If you ever go to Evolution, take some footage. I'd love to see it.

Keep the faith!! I want to see new skate vids from you soon! And vids of your apprentice.
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:22 PM   #5
Wolf1ion

Yea, i hope to get up the within the next few weeks.

Just need to finish re-making my skates, pretty much an entire rebuild as i managed to get a pair of size 9 nike ice hockey skates from a charity shop for 2 today. So they'll be getting the blades taken off and mounted as they seem to feel like better fit than the bauer impacts.

Those are some sweet vids you've got, i wish i could ride sidestance as good as that, really carve up the concrete. Also really like all your stall variations, especially the one where you alternate foot to foot on the coping.
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:22 PM   #6
Beer Hunter
Slacker

Hey, I remember watching that footage a few years ago! You posted it in the old forum! I can hardly believe that 5 years have passed since that time...
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM   #7
biffsk8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf1ion View Post
Those are some sweet vids you've got, i wish i could ride sidestance as good as that, really carve up the concrete. Also really like all your stall variations, especially the one where you alternate foot to foot on the coping.
Thanks.