S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    


Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:28 PM   #61
Jonsk8r
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl murphy View Post
Hi Jon! I do remember you all as a team. If I remember right Michelle was really beautiful. I remember you all as being very good. Who was your coach? Did Michelle have an older sister?

Found your post. Michele had a younger sister, Robin, who also skated. You might remember her skating with Vince Griffin
Jonsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:31 PM   #62
Jonsk8r
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWehmeier View Post
Hey Jon...

Welcome to the Adult zoo! Are you going to give me the opportunity to see you skate another round of those lovely solo dances at Nationals this year? God knows you're going to be needed to help do hair on that great Master's Dance Team this Nationals! <wink>

Mary Lu

Hello Mary Lu,

I am skating solo dance again this year. That fab masters team looks GOOD this year and she got a new hair cut that also looks GOOD.

I'd like a shot at those nationals films also. Let me know.
Jonsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:35 PM   #63
MWehmeier
Skater - Coach SoCal
 
MWehmeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 1,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsk8r View Post
Hello Mary Lu,

I am skating solo dance again this year. That fab masters team looks GOOD this year and she got a new hair cut that also looks GOOD.

I'd like a shot at those nationals films also. Let me know.
Good to hear you're skating. I will be wall hugging this year as I'm not ready yet. Variety of reason why... some my fault, other reasons not mine. But I'm working on getting it back together.

I haven't heard from that aforementioned dance team in a while. It makes me concerned either hell's broke loose or they are working their collective tushes off. Glad to hear about the hair cut. It can work wonders.

If you are at Nationals bring your sheers. I may ask the Master to please sheer up my hair if I can fit into your social schedule.
__________________
Mary L. Wehmeier, Coach - Skater - Judge - Diamond Bar, CA
http://www.hellomarylu.com - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwehmeier/sets/
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/adultrollerskatingnews/
MWehmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:00 AM   #64
cheryl murphy
Senior Member
 
cheryl murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsk8r View Post
Found your post. Michele had a younger sister, Robin, who also skated. You might remember her skating with Vince Griffin
I do. Do you have a current skating photo? Where are you now? Which club are you skating from?
__________________
Cheryl
"Not old, Just older" ~ Bon Jovi
cheryl murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:05 AM   #65
cheryl murphy
Senior Member
 
cheryl murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
Cheryl,
Good eye on the rotation, but it isn't the wheels over rotating as much as I am opening up and not doing a solid check on the landing, which makes it look like I have over rotated. I find my lack of strength makes it difficult to get a good initial snap which makes me hold the closed position too long and then I am late on opening and not enough strength to push my left arm forward and hold my shoulder square with my hips and ankle. I am sure that as I lose the weight, it will not take as much energy, so I should improve fast. I also need to get that left leg up and in front and not let it touch the gound. I also start my body rotating past square before the feet leave the ground. Bad form, but at least my wheels don't start rotating before they leave the ground. I have a lot wrong, and I have been examining my jumps in extreme detail. Overall I am pleased. By all rights I should not be jumping at this weight and lack of strength and lack of practice, so I am very pleased. I also have a wing flap (arms and shoulders rise and fall on some of my steps). It can be seen at the end of my footwork loop. I have to elimiate that along with a lot of minor things that make me look unpolished.
I am almost ready to attempt a single loop. I think that if I can get the loop down that I can get my left leg up infront of my right leg and get a very nice leg wrap. That will take care of the foot touching on my landing. I just hope I have enough strength to get the height and rotation.

Cheryl, best of luck with the new skates. Have fun relearning how to fly.

Jim (The Ancient One)
OK, wow, you are not allowed to help me! I will be scared to death if you get that detailed about my (used to have technique but now I am teniqueless) style!!! I am thinking you are doing great. Think how many people just flat out give up.
BTW, I got my boots (297's and they fit) and my friend is having them mounted for me tomorrow. I should be able to put them on a floor on Monday. Here's hoping. I will try and take some video and post it. It should be funny looking for sure.
__________________
Cheryl
"Not old, Just older" ~ Bon Jovi
cheryl murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM   #66
Jonsk8r
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl murphy View Post
I do. Do you have a current skating photo? Where are you now? Which club are you skating from?

I live in Columbus, but skate for Castle Skateland in Loveland. Remember that rink? Lois Jean Harper Dixon is the operator. Remember her?
Jonsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM   #67
MWehmeier
Skater - Coach SoCal
 
MWehmeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 1,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Mary Lu those are great looking skates,,,good for you,,,enjoy.
Rick - Jim,

Those skates... the back story is that I debated long and hard about which figure plates to get. I still love my spring steel Snyders-- God knows I spend years earning them, only to get one of the last pair David or Tink ever made. They made skating figures so much easier for me. The idea of going to something else was like parting with your first car... you know the one you actually earned the money and paid for yourself?

Well when I finally decided to get something new I consulted a few people (including folks here,) whom I trusted for opinions. Jimmy gave me his ideas, but thought it might be a good idea to wait and talk to David when we were in Vegas. It was good advice. David sat down and explained to both Dr. Doug and me exactly why the new ones would be better for me. He explained to Dr. Doug, (a total newbie on the cost of skates,) how much hand-tooling goes into them, all the finer engineering details and why I should use the newer bearing etc... In the end it was pretty funny... I just handed over my boots to David and said-- Okay do your magic, please.

What I got back was the absolutely beautiful pair of mounted skates. David and Chris did exactly what I needed. I couldn't have asked for more.

The adjustment to the Roll-lines has taken a little time, mostly because I am not practicing nearly enough to adjust to them-- but in time I'll be fine. The wierdest thing is how damn light they are vs the old ones-- but boy to they roll!
__________________
Mary L. Wehmeier, Coach - Skater - Judge - Diamond Bar, CA
http://www.hellomarylu.com - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwehmeier/sets/
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/adultrollerskatingnews/
MWehmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM   #68
Ancient1
Senior Member
 
Ancient1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Fl.
Posts: 1,918
Default

Cheryl,
I can't wait to see the video. Thanks for the compliment, but I do have a long way to go. I have been off my diet for 2 months (family from Russia came for vacation) but now I am back on it. I have to lose the 10 lbs I gained on vacation, plus the 100 lbs that I need to look like I did when I was skating my best. I planted a picture of my self from about 1976 (when I was at the top of my form and at my target weight of 170 lbs) in my profile, but kept my avatar showing what I look like now. Have to wear the hat because of my bald head... Now that I am back on the diet, I have lost 5 of the 10 lbs that I gained over the vacation. I just need to not take anymore vacations for the next 6 months...

Please show me the vids when you get them. I will continue to shoot my practice and edit snipets out to show my improvements. I am really wanting to try a single loop real bad. Maybe tonight... My only concern is falling on concrete at my weight, but no guts no glory... I did do a Mapes in session last night with my leg almost wrapped, but it gave me too much rotation and it ended up 1.5 instead of single, and I almost broke my poor old body.

Jim (The Ancient One)




Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl murphy View Post
OK, wow, you are not allowed to help me! I will be scared to death if you get that detailed about my (used to have technique but now I am teniqueless) style!!! I am thinking you are doing great. Think how many people just flat out give up.
BTW, I got my boots (297's and they fit) and my friend is having them mounted for me tomorrow. I should be able to put them on a floor on Monday. Here's hoping. I will try and take some video and post it. It should be funny looking for sure.
__________________
Jim (The Ancient One)
Ancient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:00 PM   #69
cheryl murphy
Senior Member
 
cheryl murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 138
Default

Jim, I know you already have one wife to caution you, but.......please take your time. If you wipe out too bad then you are out for a while and really in reverse, so please take it slow so I can continue to watch your progress!! I had a friend tell me that 80% of success is just being there. So, you are really on your way. What I want to know, is why food is the answer to "life the universe and everything" and not the number 42 like it was reported in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy! I love food and it is my blankie! Maybe skating will take my mind off of it.
__________________
Cheryl
"Not old, Just older" ~ Bon Jovi
cheryl murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM   #70
cheryl murphy
Senior Member
 
cheryl murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWehmeier View Post
Rick - Jim,

Those skates... the back story is that I debated long and hard about which figure plates to get. I still love my spring steel Snyders-- God knows I spend years earning them, only to get one of the last pair David or Tink ever made. They made skating figures so much easier for me. The idea of going to something else was like parting with your first car... you know the one you actually earned the money and paid for yourself?

Well when I finally decided to get something new I consulted a few people (including folks here,) whom I trusted for opinions. Jimmy gave me his ideas, but thought it might be a good idea to wait and talk to David when we were in Vegas. It was good advice. David sat down and explained to both Dr. Doug and me exactly why the new ones would be better for me. He explained to Dr. Doug, (a total newbie on the cost of skates,) how much hand-tooling goes into them, all the finer engineering details and why I should use the newer bearing etc... In the end it was pretty funny... I just handed over my boots to David and said-- Okay do your magic, please.

What I got back was the absolutely beautiful pair of mounted skates. David and Chris did exactly what I needed. I couldn't have asked for more.

The adjustment to the Roll-lines has taken a little time, mostly because I am not practicing nearly enough to adjust to them-- but in time I'll be fine. The wierdest thing is how damn light they are vs the old ones-- but boy to they roll!
It is funny being in charge of your equipment. When I skated, I just wore what they told me. I just skated and they worried about the rest. Being an adult has too many responsiblities!
__________________
Cheryl
"Not old, Just older" ~ Bon Jovi
cheryl murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:52 AM   #71
Ancient1
Senior Member
 
Ancient1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Fl.
Posts: 1,918
Default

Cheryl,
Believe me, I am making sure I don't pass the point of no return. I got very close a few few times. I thought I would do a single loop to day... Baaakkk, Baaak, Baaak! Chickened out. I know I don't have the strength to get high enough or the rotation. When I am able, I will do it. I just want to do it now so very bad.

As for the food stuff. When I was younger, I would eat an easy 5,000 to 6,000 calories, but then I was skating 6 to 8 hours a day 3 days a week and 10 to 12 hours a day on Saturday. The other 2 weekdays I had to work in the afternoon and evening to pay for my skating. I was very dedicated and extremely fit. Yep! I would get up at 5am, be at school by 6am, was out of school by Noon, finished homework and was at the Rink usually around 2pm to 3pm. I would skate till 10pm. Dating you say! Nope, no time, had to skate and work and go to school... For some reason it was difficult to cut down on the eating later in life... Go figure!

Cheryl, I find that skating does take my mind off of food, and gives me incentive to lose the weight. Have a great night. Time for me to go to bed.

Jim (The Ancient One)


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl murphy View Post
Jim, I know you already have one wife to caution you, but.......please take your time. If you wipe out too bad then you are out for a while and really in reverse, so please take it slow so I can continue to watch your progress!! I had a friend tell me that 80% of success is just being there. So, you are really on your way. What I want to know, is why food is the answer to "life the universe and everything" and not the number 42 like it was reported in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy! I love food and it is my blankie! Maybe skating will take my mind off of it.
__________________
Jim (The Ancient One)
Ancient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #72
Ancient1
Senior Member
 
Ancient1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Fl.
Posts: 1,918
Default

Today I tried doing a loop off of skates (a dry jump) several times. I wanted to see if I should attempt a single loop at practice this evening. My height is now about 3 to 4 inches on the dry jump with my free leg (left) in jumping position. Note that I am taking off on a flat foot and not rocking off the flat onto my toes. It isn't much height, but it is twice the height that I was getting a few weeks ago. I guess my stretching and practice (on and off the rink floor) is paying off. I also tried rotation. I am able to get 3/4 the way around on a dry jump. This should be enough when I do the jump on the rink floor where I can pull in and wrap to increase the rotation and use my traveling momentum to transfer into the height momentum and rotation. I just hope I don't chicken out today. Wish me guts and luck...
__________________
Jim (The Ancient One)
Ancient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #73
bobnva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
I am able to get 3/4 the way around on a dry jump. This should be enough when I do the jump on the rink floor where I can pull in and wrap to increase the rotation and use my traveling momentum to transfer into the height momentum and rotation. I just hope I don't chicken out today. Wish me guts and luck...
Just make sure you get that sucker around far enough to land. Nothing worse than landing with your skate perpendicular to your line of travel. OUCH!
bobnva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #74
Ancient1
Senior Member
 
Ancient1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Fl.
Posts: 1,918
Default

Bob,
Heee Heee heee! you ain't kiddin! Now what was that law: A Body in motion tends to stay in motion (added by me: except when your skates come to a sudden stop, then the body in motion becomes a stopped broken body ).

Jim (The Ancient One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnva View Post
Just make sure you get that sucker around far enough to land. Nothing worse than landing with your skate perpendicular to your line of travel. OUCH!
__________________
Jim (The Ancient One)
Ancient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #75
Ancient1
Senior Member
 
Ancient1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Fl.
Posts: 1,918
Default

After my warmups and my current content, I started to practice the entry and exit of the single loop. During practice I took a nasty fall. Heck! it was just the practice to my entry and exit. I hit hard, but I did have the protective gear my wife made me wear. It protected me well, but I realized I was not ready for the loop yet. I am way to heavy to tempt fate with falls like that. I practiced everything else and worked hard on the Mapes, trying to build leg strength and timing. Maybe next week for the Loop. Or maybe I should wait till I lose a lot more weight... NAH!!!
__________________
Jim (The Ancient One)
Ancient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:03 AM   #76
cheryl murphy
Senior Member
 
cheryl murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
After my warmups and my current content, I started to practice the entry and exit of the single loop. During practice I took a nasty fall. Heck! it was just the practice to my entry and exit. I hit hard, but I did have the protective gear my wife made me wear. It protected me well, but I realized I was not ready for the loop yet. I am way to heavy to tempt fate with falls like that. I practiced everything else and worked hard on the Mapes, trying to build leg strength and timing. Maybe next week for the Loop. Or maybe I should wait till I lose a lot more weight... NAH!!!
Thanks for sharing your journey, Jim. Take it easy and I am glad you had on your gear.
I have had several failed attempts to het me boots mounted. The man my friend thought could do it has not had the time. So, I am still wheeless. I will keep trying though.
__________________
Cheryl
"Not old, Just older" ~ Bon Jovi
cheryl murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #77
Ancient1
Senior Member
 
Ancient1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Fl.
Posts: 1,918
Default

Cheryl,
Well Last night was a bummer. I usually don't warm up (edges, strokes, footwork steps, etc) with my helmet and other protectors on. Our floor is not maintained well at all. It has been years (about a decade) since it was refinished. Lots of debris and sticky stuff on the floor. Several times my wheels would hit things like little pieces of plastic or whatever the kids left on the floor. My wheels would lock up. I took several falls from debris and cleaned up a few pieces. My wheels have nice deep scratch marks where the debris cut into the wheel base. Last night they didn't sweep or mop (typical) after the session. On my warm up steps I fell 3 times from debris and the floor being slippery. I should have left, but I'm too stupid. At one corner, I turned around backwards, hit some debris (my second time hitting in that general area), and fell uncontrollable to the floor. Burned my elbow, injured my knee, and smacked my head so hard that my jaw hurts bad, even now. I wasn't knocked out, but I was unable to move or breathe for about 10 seconds. I could see, but could not move my eyes. I kept telling myself to breathe and move my arms and legs, but nothing for about 5 to 10 seconds. I saw Will (the speed coach) come over to me asking if I was ok. Just as he arrived, my mobility came back and I was able to move. I said I was ok, but asked if I bleeding. He said no. As soon as I tried to move I had shooting pain of needles over my entire body, as if I was being zapped with electricity. Movement was very difficult, and as I sat up I got very dizzy, and almost collapsed. I decided to remove the skates there and walk off the floor. I am very angry at myself for not having my protective gear on even for doing footwork. And I am even more angry that the skating rink doesn't maintain their floor so that a person can't even go forward or backward without tripping on debris. I may not even go back there for even session skating, because I won't wear a helmet and protection for the sessions. Heck! I doubt the management would let wear the protection, thinking I am going to speed skate.

Needless to say, my wife was not amused. In fact she jumped my case so bad it wasn't funny, even to the point of putting pressure on me to do a different sport that would not be as dangerous, like skydiving or motorcycle racing. She mentioned that I could die and should get it checked out. I had a goose egg bump about 6 cm (for us Americans, that is just over 2 inches). The head didn't really didn't and doesn't hurt, but I was and still am dizzy. I have a bit of nausia. Certain head moves causes the world to start spinning. Now that is cool, better than drugs, wow! I try to not do it too often (too much of a good thing... ). Joking aside, it did concern me. I also have a general feeling of weakness. So I decided to go to the hospital. My wife of course went with me. 3 hours and probably 10K worth of exams and they said that the CT of the head and neck were normal. No bleeding in the brain and no fractures. They discharged me and told me I should take up something safer like skydiving... Sheesh!

So I won't be going back till the weakness is gone and when I am no longer dizzy. I have mentioned it to them in the past about the debris on the floor but they don't seem to care. I may have to stop going there, but there are few places to skate within range (an hour). Inverness is where I skate and it is a half hour drive one way, next nearest is an hour one way. I am more upset about that than I am about the results of my fall. Oh well, I better go and stop boring everyone.

Jim (The Ancient One)




Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl murphy View Post
Thanks for sharing your journey, Jim. Take it easy and I am glad you had on your gear.
I have had several failed attempts to het me boots mounted. The man my friend thought could do it has not had the time. So, I am still wheeless. I will keep trying though.
__________________
Jim (The Ancient One)
Ancient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #78
NaNaDo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
Well Last night was a bummer.
Needless to say, my wife was not amused.
Oh well, I better go and stop boring everyone.

Jim (The Ancient One)
Hello Jim... yes, it sounds like it was a bummer. And it's never boring to read about skating experiences!!! We can learn from the good experiences that are shared and also learn about caution, to avoid bummer practice times. We have all had those bad experiences... but it's much harder to deal with them at our age.

As I have mentioned before, my husband is rather 'fearless' when it comes to skating. He will try anything ! But, after hitting the floor with his head ( and geting 10 stitches) shortly after we returned to skating, it did wake him up a little and he has learned to take it a little slower now. We are not 19 anymore !!! Please do not give up skating but please learn a little caution....

The health benefits (at our age) should "far out weigh" the "how much can I accomplish" issues that seem so important to former competitive skaters that return at a later age. My husband got so much back so fast when we returned, that he loves to push me to get going and accomplish more. And believe me Jim, we have had our share of battles over that too. But, he is finally taking time to understand that I am very happy right now for "where I am right now" ..... and if I remember correctly, (even 30 years ago)... the rest will fall into place "in time".... there is not need to push the issue so much. As I have said before.... "It just takes time...." The longer I am on skates, more and more will come back. Call me overly cautious, but I want to know that I will be OK for the next lesson or session.

As far as hitting the junk on the floor. OUCH!!! The rink that we took lessons at since we returned was much like your rink. So before each practice time my husband and another skater got the mops out and swept the floor as best as they could. We have hit those little pieces of plastic or a tiny stone from the parking lot a few times and it's not fun !!! It stops you dead and causes an 'uncontrolable' fall. I cracked a few ribs last summer when I hit a piece of that junk and just went airborne, and then landed flat on my chest. It's really sad when we fall and get hurt because there is junk on the floor, because it's mostly the rink owners fault for not cleaning the floor, not our fault because we were trying something new or acting stupid! It makes everyone angry (especially spouses) that this particular fall could have been prevented. The only other thing I would suggest is (and we did this) , before you actually start your warm up slowly roll around the floor and look for junk and pick it up.

We just started lessons last night at a different rink with a different coach. Much cleaner floor!!! It will take me a few weeks to get used to the different size rink and a different floor, but it does feel safer knowing they actually clean the floor at this rink. We really had to think it over before changing rinks. It is definetly a cleaner rink with a nicer floor and a coach that better suits our needs... but, as you mentioned, it's an hour away. We have decided it is well worth the drive (and price of gas) to have a better experience. And BTW the rink we were taking lessons at is only 10 minutes from our house.

Jim, we are all working on new edges, new turns, trying new things and therefore we are going to fall ... I don't know if your wife will ever accept that. But, just about anything physical that we attemt at this age (I am 61 and my husband is 63) will have it's share of injuries and cause strain on the body. Do you have a coach??? It's the best idea to get one when returning to skating, a coach can guide you thru the return and help keep it a little safer for you. And if you can stay a little safer it will help with keeping your wife happier.

Best Wishes... and I hope you do not give it up!!!
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #79
NaNaDo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl murphy View Post
So, I am still wheeless. I will keep trying though.
Any word yet Cheryl???? Hope you can get going soon!
I am anxious to hear how you do and what you will be working on.
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #80
cindysk8s
Rollin' in AZ
 
cindysk8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glendale, AZ - previously Reading, PA
Posts: 125
Default

Jim -

It sounds like you may have given yourself a concussion. You may want to go to the dr to get checked out. Ive had 3 concussions during my competitive years - all thanks to partners dropping me on the Assasination Foxtrot. Skated a REgional meet years ago with 2 black eyes after being dropped against the kickboard and smacking my cheekbone on it. Not fun!

Do take care of yourself and be careful . My body still thinks it can do things it can't do as I get older and its' a tough pill to swallow at times.

~Cindy
__________________
Skater, Proud Mom and Coach
cindysk8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.