S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum > Outdoor Quads
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Quads Discussions about outdoor quad skates and any discussion relatd to skating on quad roller skatse outdoors.

Old June 16th, 2017, 06:55 PM   #201
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeBeGB View Post
Yep, I have. I made a jig, then make sure the wheels (Zombie Hawgs in this case) were running true, the rest is being REALLY careful and taking small cuts to push the bearing seat back.

So, you tried the hawgs eh? What duro and size? How do they compare to your wheels with scotties thane for outdoor?

I wanna get those sector 9 lumithane wheels narrowed for outdoor night use. Lol
Old June 20th, 2017, 01:54 PM   #202
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Going to give these bad boys a try. Rider Approved Designs (RAD) Glide 70mm, 80A. They have rounded edges that give a 30mm contact patch. They're also sideset, so no wheel griding is required. The bearing spacing also seems to be a tiny bit smaller, as I'm able to get bite on the nylon portion of the nylock nuts without modifying anything. The wheels also come in 78A (white) and 82A (blue) hardness. I grabbed the set of 8 on Amazon for $67, shipped. (have to check back often, as pricing on Amazon changes quite frequently on different items)

chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 12:15 AM   #203
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

. . . aaaand I finally foiund my outdoor wheels. The RAD Glide wheels were awesome. Rolled them for 12 miles today on our new rail trail that included a bunch of wet leaves and gypsy moth caterpillar crap and had no issues whatsoever. (the moth caterpillars are horrid this year)

The narrow contact patch made for a faster roll and the rounded profile actually felt better than a squared profile does IMO. I rolled the 12 miles in just under 45 minutes, which is a hair above 16mph average, which is actually as fast as I roll my 3x125mm inlines on average.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 07:09 PM   #204
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
. . . aaaand I finally foiund my outdoor wheels. The RAD Glide wheels were awesome. Rolled them for 12 miles today on our new rail trail that included a bunch of wet leaves and gypsy moth caterpillar crap and had no issues whatsoever. (the moth caterpillars are horrid this year)

The narrow contact patch made for a faster roll and the rounded profile actually felt better than a squared profile does IMO. I rolled the 12 miles in just under 45 minutes, which is a hair above 16mph average, which is actually as fast as I roll my 3x125mm inlines on average.
Good to know!
Old June 24th, 2017, 02:21 AM   #205
AZSHOT

My daughter is loving a set of old, red Kryptonics Kryptos. But using them indoors too!
AZSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 10:59 PM   #206
Sulla

I am going to have to try the Rider Approved Designs (RAD) Glide 70mm, 80A.

What other wheels that are 70-90mm and are still in production and do not need modified to work on most skates?

I have the Kryptonics 70mm skate wheels but looking for more options and cheaper prices are better haha.

Has any one tried these? It is a long shot they would be decent but they do look to be all the way side set and are cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-Bla...AAAOSwrfVZW1iL
Sulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2017, 04:36 AM   #207
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
Has any one tried these? It is a long shot they would be decent but they do look to be all the way side set and are cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-Bla...AAAOSwrfVZW1iL
Would you trust your life to a spoked Chinese-made wheel?
Old July 16th, 2017, 08:07 PM   #208
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Right now I have 2:
Hyper Strada and Hyper Strada Tom Peterson
Old July 17th, 2017, 01:41 AM   #209
maltoch

i'm a big fan of the krypto red new route 82a 70mm.
i bought like new krpyto road runner 78a 70mm wheels...same in performance...but lighter.
so i would put them in first position...but really close to new route krypto wheels...for cheap it's the wheel to go....a little bit harder than cruise ...but that's why they roll...

i hope i will found a nice set of hyper strada tp , krypto project tp 2 or a hyper super mundo.

kp tp 2 ..are the easiest to find...hyper strad tp...harder and super mundo..siccc...so difficult .

if soemone are ok to exchange...he's welcome...i have a rare set of french krpyto...the famous krpytoto..and velocitiy races wheels too.
maltoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:34 AM   #210
Sulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
Would you trust your life to a spoked Chinese-made wheel?
You might over estimate the speed I am going to be achieving
Sulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 03:37 AM   #211
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltoch View Post
i'm a big fan of the krypto red new route 82a 70mm.
i bought like new krpyto road runner 78a 70mm wheels...same in performance...but lighter.
so i would put them in first position...but really close to new route krypto wheels...for cheap it's the wheel to go....a little bit harder than cruise ...but that's why they roll...

i hope i will found a nice set of hyper strada tp , krypto project tp 2 or a hyper super mundo.

kp tp 2 ..are the easiest to find...hyper strad tp...harder and super mundo..siccc...so difficult .

if soemone are ok to exchange...he's welcome...i have a rare set of french krpyto...the famous krpytoto..and velocitiy races wheels too.
Forgot to mention Velocity Race. Have 2 sets, 1 still in the blister pack. Their roll is awesome but not so great for the surfaces I roll.
Old July 20th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #212
maltoch

i have fewer sets of velocity race...not as good as krpyto roadrunner and new krypto route.

how is the krypto project 2 wheel compared to roadrunner ? can you tell me ?
and how is the hyper strada tp compared to kp 2 and rr wheels ?
maltoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2017, 10:44 PM   #213
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltoch View Post
i have fewer sets of velocity race...not as good as krpyto roadrunner and new krypto route.

how is the krypto project 2 wheel compared to roadrunner ? can you tell me ?
and how is the hyper strada tp compared to kp 2 and rr wheels ?
This is only my opinion. The only difference I saw was the fact that my Stradas were 65mm tall and the Krypts were 70mm. I didn't like that height difference and plus that plays into the rebound effect of the thane too so ... I think if the hub had a been a bit bigger I could've gotten used to 5mm diff in height.