S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old August 17th, 2016, 06:48 PM   #1
Retre

Default Plate/Truck problems

I have a pair of reidell powerdyne reactor neo plates and have an issue with the front left truck. My axle appears to aimed slightly to the outside.

I am a heavy skater and thought that maybe I just warped the cushions from always skating the same direction. I replace the cushions with harder ones and it appears to be slightly better, but the skate still veers to the outside. I also replace my wheels in case they were worn weird. It is particularly problematic when I skate backwards on my left foot (one foot).

I skate derby now, but am an artistic convert (skated for about 8 years, but 20 years ago). I am normally very comfortable in other skates and tried to use rental one night to make sure I was fine on other skates backwards on my left foot. I had no issues in the rentals.

I am to the point where I am ready to just buy new plates, but these are only a few months old.

Any thoughts on other possible solutions?
Retre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2016, 05:17 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Could this be a mounting problem vs a plate problem?? Can ya shoot some pix of the bottom of the plates, wheels and bearings off??
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:45 AM   #3
Dekindy

What was the resolution on your Reactor Neo plate issue?
Dekindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2017, 01:44 AM   #4
Hard2Pass

Default Pivot Cup May Have Been Drilled Off Center

I returned a New Labeda Pro Line because all four pivot cups where drill off center resulting in the aforementioned problem.
Measure the on center dimensions of the pivot cup.
Hard2Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2017, 05:02 PM   #5
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default I hope you took pix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Pass View Post
I returned a New Labeda Pro Line because all four pivot cups where drill off center resulting in the aforementioned problem.
Measure the on center dimensions of the pivot cup.
That has to be a new low in quality.
Old April 25th, 2017, 08:58 PM   #6
Dekindy

I noticed at my Monday skating session that my left front truck was dramatically looser than the rest; they were initially all tensioned the same. My skating instructor reviewed and agreed so I tightened them 2 clicks and they seemed to have the same tension. Was done skating so have not skated them yet since tightening the front left truck. Noticed the left front truck was looser as I was trying to skate backwards on my left skate and realized I had a much sharper edge on the left skate versus the right and could not shallow the edge and keep it under control. Had forgotten about this thread but saw and reread it as I was reviewing new posts. Will update after I skate on Wednesday. My skates are mounted slightly off center and both are consistent so assume it was on purpose.
Dekindy is offline   Reply With Quote